Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

TV Zombie posted:

What do the Blazers do at 3? I feel like they need someone good and tough in the post.

Trade it and anfernee simons for Embiid

Shear Modulus fucked around with this message at 02:16 on May 23, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

looks like this didn't get posted in the lottery thread but here's the video of the actual lottery

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hI8jEtnd4_0

i think the reason they don't do it live beyond it being more easily riggable somehow is because they draw the first pick first and they want to reveal the first pick last for TV

Shear Modulus fucked around with this message at 02:40 on May 23, 2023

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

https://twitter.com/TheTyJager/status/1661418280123260928?s=20

Zach Collins, Dougie McBuckets, and like 10 second round picks for #3 who says no????

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Papercut posted:

You cannot foist Zach Collins on us again

Does Portland Leg flare back up again if they get traded back?

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

The spurs are probably trying to talk teams into giving them a pick in exchange for absorbing salary but the only team that really needs to dump salary is probably dallas

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

abuse culture. posted:

Jakob Poeltl plays for the Raptors

He's a UFA

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Atlanta has a logjam at point guard, maybe them and the spurs can strike a deal

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

When can teams officially start trading draft picks? The day of the draft? After the finals end? Now? I couldn't find out from a quick google.

e: VVVV thanks

Shear Modulus fucked around with this message at 22:29 on May 26, 2023

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Mets 92 hired their current coach, who is also the coach if the French national team, in 2021 when wemby was still on asvel

e: espn put out an article yesterday about wemby's trainer that said the same thing about him going to mets partly because it would be a less intense schedule with a lot less travel.

Shear Modulus fucked around with this message at 06:46 on Jun 4, 2023

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Dejan Bimble posted:

He was going to retire and Wemby's agent convinced him to stay, excuse me

I feel like i'm surrounded by big bang theory sheldons here i'm trying to talk about prospects

Ok i didn't know that. I also didn't know the agent bought the team to put wemby on it.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Dejan Bimble posted:

Obviously workout footage is useless but it's a good exhibit to show that Scoot is a big boy. He's really wide. He's not a member of the Tyus Jones family. he's thicker than post core stabilized steph by a lot.

6'2 with 6'9 wingspan and just a muscular body. He's a throwback to 90s power guards but he's as pure as they come with a great handle and court vision. He can finish through everybody too.

(🤞 The last top pg prospect looking this beefy was (albeit with way more baby fat) markelle fultz, and he was not scoot's size, like 75% of it🤞)

My main takeaway from every scoot video was "this dude is fuckin 19 years old???" Was lebron even that huge as a rookie?

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Mojave King has what in baseball you'd call an 80 name tool

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Found this video on the Spurs subreddit. A trainer breaks down Wemby's weird pregame foot exercises. Makes me somewhat hopeful that he won't succumb to Yao Ming Disease.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IjMw627Jm70

The way this guy talks about shoes crushing up your toes, leading to worse ability to grip the floor and more force going onto your ankles and knees makes it sound like everyone should be playing barefoot

Shear Modulus fucked around with this message at 06:20 on Jun 9, 2023

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Cuban seems like he'd be really really into vaping

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

If wemby's signature shoe is some soft flexible soled thing made of space age nike material they could sell a jillion of them

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Dejan Bimble posted:

I haven't prepared a full injury risk report card for the lottery like I do most years, but as much I love Wemby as a prospect, his biomechanics scare me.

He covers ground, stops on a dime, but he does it by Derrick Rose-ishly splaying his legs and torquing his knees and ankles. He needs to constantly work on mobility but there's a point wher you dont want a guy to be hypermobile, it' going to stress his soft tissues too much.

He needs to watch Tim Duncan tape and learn to move without putting his joints at risk

Wemby being a generational prospect but also being so loving big that his feet, ankles, and knees are liable to be walking time bombs is the most compelling reason why adam silver would have rigged the draft for the spurs, for the exact reason that they have a track record of keeping a heavy-usage 7-footer healthy (let's all forget about kawhi developing bum knees)

Who is the 7'+ star since duncan that's had the least injury trouble? Giannis? KG was also super resilient but even he had some knee issues in his Celtics years

E: probably jokic actually

Shear Modulus fucked around with this message at 21:38 on Jun 9, 2023

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Careful, not paying attention whether a potential draft pick has got that dog in him is how your team ends up with Ben Simmons an important stat. First overall pick Ben simmons wasn't even that long ago. If teams valued that dog in-him-gotting back then i bet jaylen brown goes first

Shear Modulus fucked around with this message at 22:24 on Jun 10, 2023

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

C. Everett Koop posted:

Would there be any logic in Orlando taking that Bulls 1st and packaging it with Fultz's expiring deal and getting either Houston/Detroit's pick with the intention of pairing the twins together? If #11/Fultz would even be enough.

Both Houston and Detroit are under the cap (Houston is miles under) and don't need to quickly shed salary so don't have much use for an expiring. Who would be the third team that really wants an expiring and has a high draft pick or disgruntled superstar that Houston or Detroit would want?

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

morestuff posted:

https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status/1668352475454136338?s=20

Uh I guess Ingram + No. 14 or something? But no thanks

zion for portland's pick straight up

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Dejan Bimble posted:

Let me tell you about Amen Thompson's athleticism.

Amen Thompson is so athletic that his highlights are boring.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Quzgg4N-emU&t=137s

He has no gather to his jump, it just happens. In his transition dunk highlights, there's no load up then monster jam, he's just floating and in goes the ball.

His first step is so fast that it's like, bloop, one behind the back dribble and he's beaten 4 guys to his spot. He doesn't need to forearm shiver them away, doesn't need to turn sideways to slide out of their grip. He's just there that much faster.

He is a Michael Jordan level run jump athlete. Maybe a bit lighter on strength and length.

First highlights I've actually seen of him and holy hell, that dude's moving like sonic the loving hedgehog

Shear Modulus fucked around with this message at 07:22 on Jun 15, 2023

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

It says jordan wants to bring both back though, clearly he wants to play 2 on 1 and humiliate both of them

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

dokmo posted:

I don't make predictions often so take note: scoot is gonna bust hard and cam whitmore is going to be the best one handed no pass player since tari eason.

What makes you think scoot is gonna be a bust

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

i think it should be pluralized as Porters Junior

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Scoot wins the drip contest easy

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

are you guys just saying that the G League Ignite is depressing their players' draft value because the spurs picked two Ignite guys in the second round so they must have been steals, and also Mojave King should have gone higher than 47 just off of his name alone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Manute bol was pretty good