Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Poppers posted:

Libraries ftw :cheersdoge:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Poppers posted:

Sir Mat of Dickie
Jul 19, 2012

"There is no solitude greater than that of the samurai unless it be that of a tiger in the jungle... perhaps..."

Poppers posted:

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Little Shop of Horrors :cheersdoge:

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Plutonis posted:

Little Shop of Horrors :cheersdoge:

hell yeah. Corman or Oz?

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Sub-Actuality posted:

hell yeah. Corman or Oz?

Could've been the stage production

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007
watching Review lmfao

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
If you need a two hour break from how lovely the world is, perfect days is, well, perfect for that

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Nostradingus posted:

John Wicks 1, 2, and 3. Can't believe I waited this long to watch these.

4 is a ludicrous, indulgent dessert and amazing. watch as soon as possible

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Poppers
Jan 21, 2023

The Menu

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
The Thomas Crown Affair (1968)

----------------

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Police Story

absolutely batshit, some insane setpiece destruction for the opening & ending scenes and kickass action through em both and sprinkled in the rest of the movie. some really funny bits too like the masked intruder scene, Jackie Chan on the phone lines, his perfect parallel park, etc. the drama was pretty deec all around but i tend to hate plots when a guy just gets kicked while he's down for 2/3rds of it so i cringed at a few of those bits, absolutely made up for it by rogue vigilante Jackie in the last twenty minutes though. wish there was more of that but i can't complain, still really good

Fargield
Sep 27, 2008
Drive Away Dolls. Was goofy and fun

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Miller's Crossing. Very good

Poppers
Jan 21, 2023

Bottoms lol

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

blazing saddles, still perfect

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Oppenheimer. Very good movie. I was also playing Balatro while watching, and lost because I hit play hand instead of discard. Robert and I both struggle with the decisions we've made

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

everything everywhere all at once. good but needed 30% less jokes or better ones. james hong maggie cheung and ke huy quan ftw. nice seeing good kung fu on screen, ke huy quan speech is ftw. anyone who says this is better than the matrix is a drooling moron

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

Fungah! posted:

everything everywhere all at once. good but needed 30% less jokes or better ones. james hong maggie cheung and ke huy quan ftw. nice seeing good kung fu on screen, ke huy quan speech is ftw. anyone who says this is better than the matrix is a drooling moron

Yeah it's good but badly needed some editing. I think it would have been so much better if it was like 15-20 minutes shorter.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Nostradingus posted:

Yeah it's good but badly needed some editing. I think it would have been so much better if it was like 15-20 minutes shorter.

i feel this way about almost every movie i have seen thats released in the past 10 years

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

that in training post whre he said anything other than <90 minutws or >180 minutes is cowardly

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Look I'm sure Oppenheimer slaps but I’ll never find out.

----------------

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

American McGay posted:

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

I have seen many three hour movies where I stop at the 90-120 minute mark with full intentions of finishing it later, and just never watching it again.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

At one point during EEAAO I paused thinking “alright we must be getting pretty close to the end now huh” and then there found out there was still 50 minutes left.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

herculon posted:

I have seen many three hour movies where I stop at the 90-120 minute mark with full intentions of finishing it later, and just never watching it again.

hmmm skill issue

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Punished Chuck posted:

At one point during EEAAO I paused thinking “alright we must be getting pretty close to the end now huh” and then there found out there was still 50 minutes left.

lmao same

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

American McGay posted:

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

commando is exactly 90 minutes including the credits and its a perfect film. no coincidence there

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

also a vietnamese romantic comedy called Mai. the drama was so over the top it was almost comical and it made every girl in the cinema cry, amazing

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

one scene a guy breaks into mai's apartment with clear intent to rape her, it has a huge tonal shift with the scene shot like a horror movie. the love interest ends up saving her and punching the guy in the head and the entire interaction is played for laughs for the rest of the movie. thank you vietnam

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

dune part two.

it was perfect.

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

So hype, seeing it in imax tonight

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

buffalo all day posted:

So hype, seeing it in imax tonight

update: it fuckin ruled

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

there was a point in the movie where i thought oh the movie must be ending soon, are they doing a three parter? and i looked at my phone and there was another 80 minutes left in the movie, but in a good way

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

STONE COLD 64 posted:

there was a point in the movie where i thought oh the movie must be ending soon, are they doing a three parter? and i looked at my phone and there was another 80 minutes left in the movie, but in a good way

lol same

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Xanadu. Not bad as far as musicals go. The big finale was good. Gene Kelly's still got it

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

Cause of the recent news I went back and watched The Naked Gun for the first time in a long time. So many gags I didn’t remember, and Leslie Nielsen was ftw as always

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

I trust the director picked for the remake.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

liam neeson is a great choice if they play it right