Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Fast X: Tears of My King, Dom

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Black Bear. Good to go in with minimal info. AubreyPlazaheads should watch immediately.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Mandy

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

This was my first time seeing it, after years of hype. I really liked the color palette and the music. I actually liked the first part better, I thought the creepy energy was so intense and worked better than the fight scenes for me. Still, a great movie.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

that movie kicks rear end

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Annihilation, pretty dope

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Plebian Parasite posted:

Despicable Me 2. Watched it on the plane and it did an adequate job of providing a distraction from the horrific dread I usually feel while flying 5/10

- Harvey Weinstein, 2017

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Fungah! posted:

asteroid city. definitely like it but i'm gonna need to sleep on it to say more than that

I enjoyed it, I don't know if I was really moved by the characters but the style and the whimsy carried it for me. I usually like Jason Schwartzman, but I don't think the script gave him enough material to really sell his grief. I'm also not sure if the whole play within a movie structure was necessary? I know the "actors" had some subtle moments of breaking character, but I felt like there wasn't enough material of them behind the scenes to make it a believable contrast. I think both the making of a play and Asteroid City could have stood on their own. But it overall was a lot of fun.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Fargield posted:

Oppenheimer was 3 hours of shot reverse shot talking scenes intercut with explosions and physics explanations you'd hear on big bang theory. Also i fell asleep for part of it. gently caress you christopher nolan

skill issue

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Talk to Me, best horror movie i've seen in a while

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Birth/Rebirth, good if you like medical/psychological horror. More disturbing than scary.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Breaker Morant, very solid

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Crimson Tide, Gene Hackman the goat

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

STONE COLD 64 posted:

Marathon man. This movie is incredibly shot for its time. Hoffman really goes nuts in this one

That movie is hype

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Blow Out

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

trying to jack off posted:

i think we're going to need to kill your friend unfortunately

This

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Plutonis posted:

Napoleon - Joaquin Phoenix honestly portrayed him as a bigger loser than Arthur in Joker lol

yup.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

The Iron Claw

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

It was really good, sad as you might expect. A lot of ground to cover in a movie so they had to leave one of the brothers out. I wasn’t crazy about Zac Efron but the cast in general is solid. Reminded me of The Wrestler in terms of tone.

There’s a scene with the dead brothers hanging out in the afterlife and it’s like… I’m not sure how I felt about it. Kind of corny but sweet.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Ferrari. Didn’t really work for me tbh.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Leadthumb posted:

Saltburn

Great cinematography, and a great cast. It's sort of distracting how edgy they tried to be with the screenplay, and it's not as clever as they think it is so it's kind of predictable. It's interesting, but there's no reason to ever watch it again.

I thought it was mid, but the theater audience freaking out over the sex scenes was worth the admission lol

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Shot Caller, pretty solid prison movie

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

STONE COLD 64 posted:

you ever watch the 80s Bad Boys with sean penn and ally sheedy

no but sounds cool

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

The King of Comedy. Felt incredibly relevant in 2024. Honestly this clicked with me more than the other Scorsese movies I’ve seen.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Lester posted:

The Boy and the Heron was lovely

have you seen After Hours

It’s on my list!

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Cars

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Sorcerer. Incredibly tense. Blu-ray looks gorgeous.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Lester posted:

watched this the week after friedkin died last year. the bridge scene(s) got me worse than any horror movie

They’re loving wild. Just insane stunts (both in real life and in the movie) that nobody would get away with today.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Gran Turismo: gamer to racer
Gran Torino: racist to gangster

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Saint Maud. A little uneven but worth a watch.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Persona

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Cyberpunk: Edgerunners

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

symbolic posted:

king poo poo

It was dope. Excited to play the game now

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Poor Things.

I had high expectations and left very underwhelmed. The movie dragged on and i never felt invested in the characters. I did think it was pretty funny, and the costumes were delightful.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

I’d be willing to watch it again but I still think Sacred Deer and The Favourite would rank higher

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Poppers posted:

Libraries ftw :cheersdoge:

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Cop Land after this thread recommended it I think
After Hours

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Monkey Man. more like Monkey Mid imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

The Wages of Fear. Good, but Sorcerer is the rare American remake that is definitely better.