Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shithouse Dave
Aug 5, 2007

each post manufactured to the highest specifications

Little jerk has the post poo zoomies and he’s annoying old Aunty big jerk who just wants a nice lie-down and some pets

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shithouse Dave
Aug 5, 2007

Little jerk (cream/tabby point) and big jerk (tabby) in a calmer state

Shithouse Dave
Aug 5, 2007

Lil mate is galumphing up and down the hallway at high speed. Ol gal is giving the side eye to all the noise and energy.

Shithouse Dave
Aug 5, 2007

Did a big smelly poo in his litterbox then thundered up and down the hall yelling about it for ten minutes

Shithouse Dave
Aug 5, 2007

He snuggled into my arms while I was reading the forums in bed and there’s no pictures because he put hims paw on my phone and pushed it down so I could pay attention to the snuggle.
He is a good boy and good for me. Yes Clarence, I should be less online.

E: picture from a previous Clarence snuggle. He was a year old last week and he’s starting to look quite grown up sometimes

Shithouse Dave fucked around with this message at 11:27 on Nov 28, 2023

Shithouse Dave
Aug 5, 2007

I’m feeling sick and he is giving me a hug

He is a good boy

Shithouse Dave
Aug 5, 2007

Trundles lookin like Johnny cash in the video for ‘Hurt’

(She did not eat the people food, but she wanted to. I gave her a couple crunchy cat cookies instead and she was happy)

Shithouse Dave
Aug 5, 2007

Clarence slipped out the back door when my flatmate opened it, then spent several hours hiding in the hedge. He copped a proper washing from trundles when he emerged.

Shithouse Dave
Aug 5, 2007

runchild posted:

One of the kittens* stepped on the stove after I used it to make lunch. He seemed fine after a couple minutes, no visible blisters or anything, so no worries there. Hopefully he learns his lesson and stops jumping on the dang counter!

*They’re 8 months old now so they’re looking more like cats than kittens these days. Hell, they’re both larger than the 8 year old cat already.

I am so grateful that Clarence, at 14 months old, hasn’t realised he can jump on to the counter. He absolutely could, but it so far hasn’t occurred to him. Possibly because Aunty Trundles at 14 years (and formerly very overweight, she’s lost 3kg since I adopted her at 11 years old is now a healthy 5.5kg) is way past that kind of jump. Long may he not realise he can do that.
He’s not a ginger boy, but he has a timeshare in the ginger cat brain cell, which is sometimes a curse and most times a very entertaining blessing.

E: goddamnit Clarence, don’t eat the hop vine

Shithouse Dave fucked around with this message at 08:48 on Jan 5, 2024

Shithouse Dave
Aug 5, 2007

I guess someone else was using the ginger cat brain cell at the time?

Shithouse Dave
Aug 5, 2007

Goddamnit Clarence, stop eating every plant

Shithouse Dave
Aug 5, 2007

Trundles has a big ol booty and she doesn’t always get it all the way in the litter box. Today she hung a dook out the door as a present for me when I got home. Thanks, Trundles.

(I always keep a puppy pee pad under the box entrance for this sort of thing, so cleanup is less horrifying than having to scrub the floor)

Shithouse Dave
Aug 5, 2007

Neither of my cats are biscuit makers. The ol gal, Trundles, is a chronic licker. Nobody is ever clean enough for her. My lil guy Clarence is a space cadet/high speed pinball/lap sitter for like 60 seconds before he pings off somewhere else at high speed.
I kinda miss a good biscuit session, even though they always do come with the pointy hands.

Shithouse Dave
Aug 5, 2007

Went to take a picture of the bromeliads for my friend who gave me some of the bromeliads as pups, and

At least my lil guy is a guy who washes his butt I guess

Shithouse Dave
Aug 5, 2007

I had my hair in a braid and bent down to pet Clarence. He saw the braid dangling down and thought it was a thing to play with. I moved my head, and he missed swiping the braid and clawed me on the end of my nose.
He looked very concerned when I went “ow!” and started dabbing at the cut with a paper towel. Then he sat on my lap for a solid half hour to make sure I was ok and not mad.
I have a very obvious ding on my nose now, but I ain’t mad, it was an accident.

Shithouse Dave
Aug 5, 2007

Real jungle boi hours!

(Clarence is allowed outside time when I am also in the yard. He is very good and hasn’t ever attempted to leave the yard - although I keep a close eye on his dumb rear end in case he gets any ideas. He spent the rest of the time guarding the sunflower seedlings from butterflies and attacking the yoga mat I was sitting on)

Shithouse Dave
Aug 5, 2007

Anderson Koopa posted:

Yes, the power button is on top. That is a good point. Anyone have any suggestions for how to keep kitty off of the computer?

A couple strips of tape, sticky side up. Just until cat learns that the top of the computer has an unpleasant texture. You may need to remove and reapply as and when they get manky with dust and cat hairs, but when she associates that surface with yucky sticky every time, she’ll stop going up there.

Shithouse Dave
Aug 5, 2007

Speaking of cat deterrent, I finally got round to going and collecting some reasonably sized river rocks to replace the tinfoil I had over the bases of my large indoor plant pots. Tinfoil will definitely prevent your dumbass kitten digging and/or making GBS threads in your large indoor plants, but it isn’t very pretty. I got a sack full of cookie sized and shaped rocks from the local river on the weekend, too big for dingus to dig in but nice enough looking to please me. Much easier for plant watering, and for not having to explain to guests why my plants have tinfoil skirts.

The tinfoil did work tho!

Shithouse Dave
Aug 5, 2007

OMG look at his giant pants. My guy has floof JNCOs

Shithouse Dave
Aug 5, 2007

Clarence is curled up in my curled-up knee pit, sleeping and purring on my foot. He doesn’t even care that I keep farting on him. Fair play though, he’s farted on me enough times.

Shithouse Dave
Aug 5, 2007

I don’t know what Clarence and Bella are doing because I’m out of town for six nights. This is the first night and I already miss them, and this is the first time I’ve been gone more than a night in Clarence’s whole little life.
My housemate will feed and water and look after them, they’re fine… but what if they worry about me?

Shithouse Dave
Aug 5, 2007

Clarence and Trundles are enjoying the sunshine on the back porch

Shithouse Dave
Aug 5, 2007

MrQwerty posted:

Sekhmet laid around listening to her favorite band (I'm really not making GBS threads you, either; this is the one band where she chills down from street cat completely) while we were doing chores, on the good speakers laying on the best bed.
also that room has tunable lights and she's really down with one off, one at the most 70's orange at 10%

I wonder what would happen if you played her some Earth Tongue?
https://youtu.be/nw-bdf4cQNs?si=33BzgZiVB5YzeLLG

Shithouse Dave
Aug 5, 2007

Kitty’s got good taste

E: and also a good name. I once made a beer dedicated to Hathor/Sekhmet. It had date syrup and pomegranate juice, and was ruby red, like a river of blood to fool Sekhmet into getting drunk and passing out. A toast to your little soft mistress of destruction!

Shithouse Dave fucked around with this message at 11:35 on Mar 19, 2024

Shithouse Dave
Aug 5, 2007

One of mine (I suspect Claz) is a spite shitter. It tends to be when I go away for a night or two, or when one of them has been to the vet. Last time it was because I went to see my folks out of town for one night, two weeks after I’d had a week-long work trip. The week was fine, my flatmate looked after them, but apparently disappearing for a night with no flatmates home was a bridge too far.

That was three weeks ago, and every time I go to put away my little cabin-baggage sized suitcase, Clarence is lying on it. I guess it’s his bed now.

Shithouse Dave
Aug 5, 2007

madmatt112 posted:

I appreciate the helpful advice - we have two litter boxes in different rooms. Haven’t switched the litter type in a few years and this is more recent than that. They also use the litter box for like 95% of their other business, there’s just always one lil turd pile outside. Hmm… I wonder if it’s just that it happened by accident one day and then the lingering scent of turd-on-tile keeps them coming back for more. I should try really scrubbing the floor with vinegar and water or something.

My ol fat girl trundles requires me to keep puppy pee pads under the litterboxes. I have enclosed ones, and while they are fully large enough for her portly rear end, she frequently doesn’t get all the way inside to pee. I know she CAN, she shits in a box just fine, but for reasons unknown to me, she gets most of her body in the box and half the time hangs her butt out the doorway, and just goes “yeah good enough”.
Then she very carefully piles the litter inside the doorway where she didn’t pee, comes out and does a couple of cursory scratches at the pee pad and saunters off, slightly embarrassed and slightly “whatcha gon’ do, eh?”

Not sure whether your turd piles are close enough to the box to plausibly be the cat forgetting where it’s rear end is, but their brains are very small and smooth so it’s a possibility.

Shithouse Dave
Aug 5, 2007

I’m home with a heavy cold, and trundles has licked me half to death, while claz has ensured that I don’t get killed my my own feet (by kindly attacking them for me).

Shithouse Dave
Aug 5, 2007

Trundles had a nice brush, she licked my arm intensely while I brushed out a little mat starting up near her tail. Clarence “helped” by slapping the brush and attempting to eat the hair.
We got Trundles all ensmoothened, then Claz did a big poo in the litterbox, half-arsedly covered it, and launched himself out of the box and down the hallway at full speed. He then spent 20 minutes thundering up and down the house with his jingly mouse like a pinball.
It’s properly autumn tonight, cold rainy and dark, so he didn’t have yard time. It’s REAL DIPSHIT HOURS inside tonight.

Shithouse Dave
Aug 5, 2007

Stood on my boobs while I was lying in bed, then curled up on them in an effort to prevent me getting up when the alarm went off. Thanks, Claz. Ever helpful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shithouse Dave
Aug 5, 2007

Clarence sat on my posting arm, but he is unable to save the world from my posts