Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HellOnEarth
Nov 7, 2005

Now that's good jerky!
Climbed the coats hanging on the line of coathooks on the wall, screamed when she fell into my purse and couldn't extract herself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HellOnEarth
Nov 7, 2005

Now that's good jerky!
Woke me up at 5 in the goddamn morning!

HellOnEarth
Nov 7, 2005

Now that's good jerky!

bitterandtwisted posted:

My cat's favourite ways to tell me to get up and feed her at 5am:

She doesn’t even want me to feed her. I give her food and she’ll ignore it! Usually her bowl still has food in it from her bedtime snack! She just wants me awake.

Usually by climbing the built-ins next to the bed and dropping stuff on me from above.

HellOnEarth
Nov 7, 2005

Now that's good jerky!
I woke up to her snuggled in my arms. She looked up at me, mewed, slow blinked and then stretched… and caught her claw on my eyelid.

And then I had to go put antibiotic eye drops in immediately. Thanks Pazuzu.

She is going to get her claws trimmed this evening.

HellOnEarth fucked around with this message at 20:01 on Dec 5, 2023

HellOnEarth
Nov 7, 2005

Now that's good jerky!
We are visiting my parents for the holidays. Pazuzu followed my dad into the storage room at 6:30am and got trapped while I was asleep. Cue me waking up an hour and a half later with her nowhere in sight (which has never happened ever since I got her) and when I finally check the storage room, she doesn’t make a peep until I’m calling her name into another room.

So she starts wailing at the top of her lungs like both her legs are broken and I finally see her and she, despite being not remotely trapped or hurt and just sitting under a chai keeps crying until I pick her up and carry her out.

HellOnEarth
Nov 7, 2005

Now that's good jerky!
She set up a fort to protect herself from the Roomba menace (that she hassles me to turn on 24 hours a day, 7 days a week).

HellOnEarth
Nov 7, 2005

Now that's good jerky!

MikeJF posted:

Hasn't figured out how to smack the go button herself yet? It'll happen.

Not on purpose, but she's hit it accidentally enough that I have to cover it with a box so it doesn't turn on at 4am.

HellOnEarth
Nov 7, 2005

Now that's good jerky!
Gave me the business when I left for work this morning by grabbing my arm and kicking/biting it while maintaining eye contact.

She will also be doing this when I get home.

HellOnEarth
Nov 7, 2005

Now that's good jerky!
She let me sleep in til 9:30 even though her bowl was empty!

She’s going to make me pay for that later.

HellOnEarth
Nov 7, 2005

Now that's good jerky!
Pazuzu has decided that in order to get me to wake up in the morning, she will stand on my head in order to reach the standing lamp and bring it crashing down on to us both.

At 5:30am.

Her food dish still has her bedtime snack in it.

She doesn't want food, she just wants me awake in case she wants attention.

HellOnEarth
Nov 7, 2005

Now that's good jerky!

wesleywillis posted:

THE POWER OF CATS COMPEL YOU!! to give your kitty some attention

She gets plenty of attention, I assure you!

She's extra crazy today because she went into her toy chest on her own to get her catnip ducky!!

https://i.imgur.com/n2GPjvW.mp4

HellOnEarth
Nov 7, 2005

Now that's good jerky!
Pazuzu has a bit of dermatitis on her paw and the vet prescribed an ointment for it. Tragically this means she has to wear her inflatable Victorian collar for an hour and a half after I apply it so she doesn’t lick it all off.

She’s furious.

HellOnEarth
Nov 7, 2005

Now that's good jerky!

Gromit posted:

I may be more furious (not really) that you post a story about that and don't follow it up with a photo of said cat in their period drama costume!

Of course, of course, apologies.

It’s less period drama, and more cyberpunk .

HellOnEarth
Nov 7, 2005

Now that's good jerky!

Das Boo posted:

Fell asleep the weird.

In the style of Salvador Dali I see.

HellOnEarth
Nov 7, 2005

Now that's good jerky!
Pazuzu met her exact double!

HellOnEarth
Nov 7, 2005

Now that's good jerky!

I'm seeing double here! 8 Pazuzus!

HellOnEarth
Nov 7, 2005

Now that's good jerky!
Today I was sad, so Pazuzu reached out her little paw to put on my leg. And then bit me.
But you know, it’s the thought that count.

HellOnEarth
Nov 7, 2005

Now that's good jerky!
Pazuzu alerted me to a scratching under my kitchen cabinet, which lead to a discovery of what is definitely a few-weeks-old infestation of mice. Most of the soaps and cleaners I use are at the front of the cabinet and I haven’t dug around in there since early December.

They’ve been eating a bag of wheat litter I forgot about at the back.

Well it’s clean in there now and judging by the whole, untouched loose Cheerio behind the garbage can (I haven’t had those in the apartment since November) and lack of holes chewed in any other foodstuff in the apartment, they have yet to breach the cabinet.

Zuzu was appropriately praised and given a treat for the information and given strict orders to guard the kitchen until the building manager can be told (Like 5 hours from now.)

Well done, Pazu!

(I also noticed a big wet soft spot in the drywall above my kitchen sink. It was a bad night.)

HellOnEarth
Nov 7, 2005

Now that's good jerky!

Mx. posted:

pazuzu is a good cat

She’s the best! But now I’m worried I’ve killed both of us by not properly cleaning up all the mouse poo poo.

HellOnEarth
Nov 7, 2005

Now that's good jerky!

Mx. posted:

pazuzu will be fine I bet. my cat found a huge mouse infestation in my garden shed and helped me clean them out like eight years ago. he ate like a king. he still checks the shed every morning. he's turning 21 this year :3:

21!!! What a champ…

Unfortunately, Paz is on a low dose of steroids for some inflammation and I’m also immunocompromised. Did you know you’re not supposed to vacuum mouse poo poo? I did not!

Well, if I die, she gets my account to keep posting…

HellOnEarth
Nov 7, 2005

Now that's good jerky!

Das Boo posted:

Butters is a renaissance lady.

She looks like she's having a fancy school portrait done in 1996 :3:.

https://i.imgur.com/ugcjMJU.mp4
Zuzu's daily wrestle.

HellOnEarth fucked around with this message at 22:57 on Mar 12, 2024

HellOnEarth
Nov 7, 2005

Now that's good jerky!

HellOnEarth
Nov 7, 2005

Now that's good jerky!
Woke me up at 4:30am, a full hour before my alarm, by tap dancing on my head. And then tried to stop me from leaving for the office by grabbing my hand pulling it back inside when I tried to close the door.

Sorry Zuzu. :(

HellOnEarth
Nov 7, 2005

Now that's good jerky!
Pazuzu noscoped a small beetle out of the air and then immediately ate it.

Good job, lil’ buddy!

She also completely ignored the eclipse. I don’t think she notices things that don’t directly involve herself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HellOnEarth
Nov 7, 2005

Now that's good jerky!
Chased me back into bed by pouncing at my shins and nipping at me when I got up to see what the source of the noise she was making was (it was her plastic stick).

Apparently the 45 minutes after the light goes off is Pazuzu’s private time.