Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

MikeJF posted:

Just big shallow ones.

Good for brooding over while you look down at the planet under you.

Always thought a neat use of the grav plating would be have the center line of the saucer be the grav plat, so to middle of the ship was "down". Making the bottom half of the saucer feel like the top.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

zoux posted:

I think it's a mistake to have humans as the weakest of all the major species because they don't lean into that ever. We see tons of human starfleet officers go toe to toe with Klingons, who would never lose in a hand-to-hand fight against a human, it would be like you or I fighting a six year old. I guess Starfleet Kung-fu is the perfect scientific martial art

Yeah it was a dumb idea that they pretend doesn't exist most of the time.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

Grand Fromage posted:

God yes. There are so many Star Trek hostage scenes that make zero sense since phasers have a stun setting. Just loving shoot everyone and sort it out after.

LividLiquid posted:

I used to think about this as a kid. Why not just embed stun phasers into every room on the ship?

Will never forget the one time Tuvok uses a wide angle stun beam to stun the entire bridge at once, then nobody ever bothers to do that ever again.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

BSG will hold a place for me because it was one of the last shows I got to livewatch/post with TVIV start to finish before streaming mostly killed that.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

Boxturret posted:

Keep seeing people coming up with all these settings scenarios for plots, but that's not the issue, it just needs good writing. Like the idea that the alpha quadrant is either completely mined of story or too complex to ever touch again that they have to go to a whole new area is so silly.

Yeah the alpha quadrant is not real there's plenty of random strange new worlds to meet and have a random morality tale about.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

I once had someone tell me that Torres and Paris was one of the greatest love stories ever written, they themselves actually wrote romance novels, I uh never felt the need to read one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

Taear posted:

Which is madness when really the "redundant" jobs were clearly worf/tasha

Would 100% be on board for Counselor Worf
"To hide from your feelings is cowardice!"
"If Jenny from Engineering continues to make passive aggressive comments then you must FIND HER AND KILL HER"

Hell it feels like most of Troi's time on the bridge is saying how aggressive alien of the week is being, Worf can easily do that too.