Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
It was chilly yesterday

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

big scary monsters posted:

Anyone have experience with dongles or mobile routers for internet when travelling? We're driving to the UK in the summer and travelling around a bit while there, and my partner needs to be able to do video meetings. I know that nothing short of satellite internet is going to reliably get her online if we're out in the Highlands, but any idea what's good for areas with 4G/5G connectivity? When I search half of them are devices you rent and pay some ridiculously high daily rate for access, but I'm after something we can buy and put in our own SIM card with more reasonable data rates. I did find an £800 Netgear 5G device that fits the bill but that seems a bit steep.

Starlink roam.

The dongles are great, until they aren't. I met someone recently who has starlink roam on his campervan and works from it for long periods with zero problems having been unable to get 4g/5g reliable enough.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Guavanaut posted:

Does Shrek cock fall under prohibited images?

Bart penis was in the theatrically released Simpsons movie.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

At least we, the tax payer, will save money on the pair of child size lecturns.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

My uncle, who is dead now so can't be done for anything, was a train driver and had done amazing stories.

Train coming into station without a driver, they had to go back looking for him and found a body. But then he got up, he'd just been drunk and fallen out of the cab.

Also bouncing a train off some buffers and derailing it. Rather than reporting it which would of been a big deal, they just powered it back on the rails.

Rip terrible train driver

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Bedford is incredibly unincredible.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Can you hand the blue star back like an obe?

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

I'm in a conservation area so not allowed solar panels on the roof. The planning officer admitted if I just did it they would have to allow it though as they dont have the power to prevent it. which is a clear and helpful strategy to have adopted

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Google Jeb Bush posted:

is the problem, i dunno, birds getting blinded?

one presumes you're not putting a solar-thermal death laser on your house

it doesnt look nice.

There was a planning application down the road i looked at a while ago. they had permission approved to build a single house in the garden of another large house. But they had sold off that land and permission to someone else who was now trying to change the planning to be two semi detached houses that occupied essentially exactly the same footprint.

The house opposite complained in writing for everyone to see that it was offensive to them that everytime they walked out their front door they'd have to look across the road and see semi detached houses and that wasnt in keeping with the village aesthetic.

so yeah

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Thirty people? Is that gonna show much?

Like compared to the Namibian villages where they demonstrated like wider societal uplift?

NotJustANumber99 fucked around with this message at 19:49 on Jun 5, 2023

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

lol body language

i meant the corbyn one

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

I don't want to eat £13 of crisps in an hour and a half

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

(NB this is NOT photoshop!

lmao

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Jeremy Vine had people on to complain about the 40k stamps today.

One lad said he reckoned Warhammer only had 400,000 fans, whilst iron maiden, who seemed to have been deemed in the same category as other fictional sci fi, had like 30 million.

Which I thought seemed not right

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Brendan Rodgers posted:

I don't get it, what do the lenders do, seize the town?

Woking? Let them have it.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Lol at the guy whose always got his own seat training the birds to poo poo all over the public benches. Real supervillain stuff.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Payndz posted:

I just realised that I've been confusing Kiss with Aerosmith for many years, so I couldn't name a single one of Kiss's songs.

I'm also unfamiliar with experiencing kiss

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Theres an article on BBC with suella and the police patting themselves on the back for having the police attend, not solve but attend, every burglary in 2022. I was burgled in 2022 and the police did not attend? Maybe theyre just about right as a forensics person came out a couple of days later which was real useful.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

The main Google picture for Woking, rather than some landmark or something, is two lads have a bit of a hug in a multi storey car park. A few in and they're playing on a skateboard.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Could be called? Seeing as they fraudulently ran off with a bunch of public money intended to help save lives during a pandemic, it seems like yeah, they need to be called to the inquiry.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Scruffy Street corner preacher look

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

fuctifino posted:

He was the person who employed Kwarteng, and who made a lot of money shorting the pound when Kwarteng tanked the economy.

got any details on this?

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

whats crazy about the odey stuff, is that it would normally be my natural instinct to trust completely and think only the best of a man named crispin.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Camrath posted:

Massive can of worms

New flavours are getting ridiculous. But would

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

lol at people doing the "not getting" friends and seinfeld. er. ok

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Jedit posted:

There's nothing to get in Friends. A friend of mine inflicted an episode on me and there literally weren't any jokes in it. One of the male leads who isn't David Schwimmer opens the door and enters the apartment. The laugh track goes off. My friend laughs, a Pavlovian response. Repeat for 23 minutes.

I can see why you evidently like it though.

you probably didn't see one of the ones with a monkey in it. you'd change your mind.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

None of it's as good as Fawlty towers or only fools and horses anyway

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Jedit posted:

I expect bullshit like "you don't like what I like, you must just be performative" from the loving fash. I don't expect it here.

You didn't just say you didn't like it, you did a whole performative bit about how it did not contain jokes.

Jedit posted:

There's nothing to get in Friends... there literally weren't any jokes in it.

I can see why you evidently like it though.

Why do you think I like it?

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

And I suppose how colourful and fun your spreadsheet can be made

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

There's also an element of wandering in without understanding whatever is really going on and telling everyone how to do their jobs after 5 mins. People tend to maybe not respond that well.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Tesseraction posted:

TF discord also noticed this https://twitter.com/RishiSunak/status/1669002908807954432

The binary on the door is the ASCII codes for L T W aka London Tech Week.

Our prime minister is a loving dweeb, and I say that as a computer toucher.

Lol. That might be against the law.

"[url posted:

https://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/Vict/10-11/34/section/64[/url]" ]
and every person who destroys, pulls down, or defaces any such number or name, or puts up any number or name different from the number or name put up by the commissioners, shall be liable to a penalty not exceeding [F1[F2£25]][F1level 1 on the standard scale] for every such offence.

Lol I hosed that up a bit but you get the idea

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

happyhippy posted:

Nah, its his ex-girlfriend.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mIg7lDLwbRE

Here she is on LBC a few days ago, dishing the dirt on Boris.
Probably weaponized against her for going public here.

Lol it's not either of those people

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

happyhippy posted:

Really? My eyes need checking then lol.

I dunno. That petronella lady is like 55 years old? I don't think it's her

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

The guy in the Xmas jumper looks like an alternate (more?) tory multiverse Alex horn

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

bessantj posted:

I feel like quite a few of these 100,000 dangerous weapons are something like a butter knife. If you see a picture of them it'll be like one of those photos yank cops do that shows a few bags of weed an $30 in singles.

why would someone be carrying a butter knife?

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

bessantj posted:

Perhaps they've bought it in a shop and are taking it home. Perhaps they're taking it to a friends house because their friend is without a butter knife. Perhaps they found it on the ground and are taking it to the closest bin but council cut backs means it's a long walk to said bin.

I hope any of these prompts help you with your writing.

Ok but the only evidence we have for someone being stop and searched and the result being the confiscation of a butter knife is you feeling like it has happened many times.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Butter knife chat had comedy, it had everything.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Me dad spent the Falklands in a submarine. Grounded just off Gibraltar

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

kalleth posted:

(Disclaimer: I only scuba dive a bit and have no other specific knowledge)

How much deco you need to have to not get DCS ("the bends") is a function of how much pressure your body (actually, the breathing gas you're breathing, I think, but same same) is under, and how long you've been there.

I think in a sub escape trunk, you go from normal 1 atmospheric pressure (inside the sub), to depth pressure (in a military sub, that's classified, obvs, but unclass figures are between 400-700m underwater - equivalent to ~69 atmospheres (nice)). Your ears will hurt. Bad.

But then as you ascend pressure then reduces again to atmospheric when you pop out like a cork. Hopefully only for a couple of minutes, and that's with you breathing out all the time.

You'd probably be okay. Probably. Assuming the escape trunk worked at all. But that's from a maximum of 750m underwater.

Titanic is at 4000m. Four times the theoretical limit of the human body to withstand pressure.

If you were somehow able to open the hatch at that depth, the entire submarine would immediately fill up with water until only 1/400th of its volume was left containing air. And because of the incredible increase in pressure, that air would explode.

Your lungs and inner ears, and any other air pockets in your body would instantly be crushed. I suspect your bones would crumple, too.

You'd die instantly.

sick of this thread's constant fear mongering

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

eviltastic posted:

UK coverage is mentioning that this is the stated operating depth of the vessel. The only info I see involving what kind of safety margin they may have comes from press over here in the US, with phrasing that will doubtless come back to haunt someone even if the passengers don't:

link

this was the third of fourth dive they'd done. but maybe the submarine wore out.