Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: harrygomm, Astryl)

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

explosivo posted:

Heads up; if you're a sicko like me who thought "I'll just buy 4 sandwiches at KFC and give the rest of them out and be an office hero while surreptitiously getting diablo 4 cosmetics for myself", first of all you only get one tier of cosmetics per order, so you will be wasting your money unless you place 4 separate orders, and second of all KFC still loving sucks and nobody will want the sandwiches even for free. :shepicide:

lmao sorry goon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Gonna spend way too much time on the character creator screen

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

It's that time again folks lol

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

The real server slam starts now

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

Some rando got Goon Squad seconds after it launched. I guess we are doing LLJK now. Same whisper list.

Clan full name is "SA Goon Squad"

RIP Goon Squad...a great clan while it lasted

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

I said come in! posted:

Level 14 and on act 2 now, two hours into playing.

Cool keep us updated

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

I guess all this battle pass progress stuff won't start until the 6th?

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

I said come in! posted:

no, its further out than that.

Ok thanks. Kinda like that as I can play a bit more chill.

Just want to say that Bliz did a whole bunch of QOL stuff I was wanting when I played closed beta. Super happy about that

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

EVERY TIME GOING posted:

Lady I got really bad news about your husband.

Jesus wept

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Waffle is the best clan cause I'm in it

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Ragequit posted:

For those that played the beta, how many beta achievements did you start with? I only had two listed. The big boss wasn’t mentioned, and I definitely killed it.

Just 2 as well

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

runaway dog posted:

hey I sent a request under cytolliver#1888

Do you request Something Waffle? It's been accepted already. Look at your clan page for pending requests

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Books On Tape posted:

I keep dying on the broodguard spider boss in some level 10 dungeon as a sorc. I don’t know what I’m doing wrong, following icy veins leveling guide. I see other posts about this boss saying it should be no big deal for sorc.

Am I supposed to be upgrading my gear? Diablo should not be this unfun. I’ve never hit a wall in a Diablo game at level loving 10.

I think I know which one you're talking about and I managed to take it down on T2 at about level 14 as sorc. It's a long fight with a bunch of kiting and keeping shields up. I used frozen orb + hydra.

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

I was hoping to wait until the Cyberpunk expansion came out to upgrade my PC but it looks like whenever the ray tracing update gets released will be what does it.

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Ytlaya posted:

^^^ I'm pretty sure I'll be at least 25 before leaving Fractured Peaks as well.

Same lol. Are other people just bee-lining the campaign? I'm doing events and dungeons as I come across them, though not completely scouring the map. Played maybe 4 hours last night with my friend, but even if I spent a lot longer I doubt I could have done more than two Acts.

Play at your own pace. Who cares what other people are doing?

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Unfortunately Something Waffle is full and I've had to decline invites. We need another goon clan and to update the OP. Hopefully the clan size and features gets updated soon because it's underwhelming at the moment.

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

CuddleCryptid posted:

You have to wonder why they are so limited. I guess so there isn't a huge number of people in one chat window? All clans do is make a chat, right?

Pretty much. I wish we could at least sort/filter members by class, level, etc. but apparently that was overlooked lol

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Yeah sorc passives are a huge boost. Getting mastery on world events are way easier now

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Dollas posted:

game is good, you should play this game

I was pretty pessimistic but I'm eating crow right now. It's a fun game with some major potential

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

sponges posted:

One more day for us poors/non pay pigs!

Can't wait to spam the wings emote non stop at you commoners

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

DLC Inc posted:

mods change thread title to " Don't like the fact others can game more than you? Do better at life bro."

+1 lol

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Lots of first time Diablo folks here

This is what you do:

Ehud posted:

I have never gone back to play a seasonal char once it's moved to the eternal realm. I just keep them on my eternal shelf like little memories of adventures past.

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

unattended spaghetti posted:

What would be an ideal version of loot 2.0 in D4?

Set items would be nice

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Shard posted:

I hope the adjust the zoom feature. I feel like it's too zoomed out and the zoom in is too close. I just want to be able to see the enemy designs better. A lot of times it feels like I'm fighting names instead of creatures.

Agreed. It can't be that hard to have the zoom be left to the user's preference (like Last Epoch's) to what we have now.

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

SettingSun posted:

I'm actually pretty impressed they are keenly aware and are taking a hammer to a lot of the established player meta wrt things like power leveling, crit/vuln stacking, and helltide priorities.

Every big patch will be like Blizzard playing whack-a-mole to the meta player base lol

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Can't wait for season 1. Going spin the class wheel and say gently caress you to all guides

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Have fun no job having goons

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

That's a good one to crush for 2 birds 1 stone if you haven't done it yet, but if it's out of reach then you can have it be one of your 2 skips for the season journey.

I'm curious if the other new boss is 'uber' too or if it's more like.... campaign boss difficulty

Definitely campaign boss...could be both though depending on tier

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

The Ol Spicy Keychain posted:

i'm loving these necro hearts

perma decrepify for free and it doesn't even need to be on my bar

I spun the wheel and it landed on necro. Auto corpse explode and curse? I feel like I won the Diablo 4 lottery

MrMidnight fucked around with this message at 07:46 on Jul 21, 2023

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Noticed the challenges/achievement screen seems to be bugged with blank challenges showing as completed. Also my progress towards the tree of whispers achievement seemed to have reset.

What does the "Free" tab on top of some of the battle pass items mean?

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

You get those even if you don’t have the battle pass purchased.

So if you don't pay for the pass you can still earn favors but you'll just be able to claim all of the free items?

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Super awkward

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Ehud posted:

game dev is a hell of a career

loving zombie like

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

All of this stuff sounds like stuff that should have been discussed before the game was released. Game still in beta

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Collapsing Farts posted:

Can someone summarize whatever it is people have been talking about for the last page,

I'll try when the stream is over

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Think I'll avoid these chats in the future and just play the game

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

This game is buggy as gently caress. Blank challenges displayed, game thought I was in town while riding the horse all over the map (couldn't boost), that quest with the "missing label" option that crashes the game, etc. Too many typos to count.

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

kaxman posted:

yeah i've opened about 40-50 and haven't seen one yet

remain unconvinced of their existence

Maybe they'll drop more in WT4? Hopefully the patch buffs the drop rate from the cache

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

The challenge tracking in the game is all kinds of hosed up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Sorbus posted:

Just did a quick post-patch helltide and a wrathful dropped in like 5 minutes lol

loving hell lmao.

Bunch of articles today about how the game is dying and/or dead. BG3 did just come out sooooo yeah.