Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: harrygomm, Astryl)

Blacktooth
Apr 13, 2007

Dysgenesis posted:

Sorc is pronounced source.

I have an aunt named Barb

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blacktooth
Apr 13, 2007

DaveKap posted:

I may have complained about instant death from bad aggro but I do wanna say having moments like this in PvP just makes it feel so fun.

>>Barb goes POP<<

I uhh... think that's a level 74 Barb. Man I wish I could timg mp4s.

Is this thorns?

I have been lazily leveling a necro to use as a PvP bait build using thorns. It'd be great knowing it actually works.

Blacktooth
Apr 13, 2007

site posted:

Okay ngl it was pretty neat waltzing through the stronghold my sorc couldn't beat with my flurry rogue, and seeing it turn into a small town (sans waypoint unfortunately). Now to clear out the rest

Strongholds might be my favorite thing. I really hope they find a way to expand on them. Maybe as a variation of Legion events.

Blacktooth
Apr 13, 2007

mst4k posted:

drat arc lash is crazy once you have really high cooldown reduction and critical strike .. and attack speed. Getting all that way up takes a lot of rolls and killin the hoards of hell though.

Yeah, I am almost at the breakpoint, and it is still amazing

Blacktooth
Apr 13, 2007

Phenotype posted:

Argh, I still can't even follow this thread, I just barely know what you guys are talking about at any given time.

I feel like I'm fundamentally playing a different game than most people. I'm not really thinking about the postgame at all, I'm just kinda playing this as I'd play any other video game. I just beat Act 1 last night, despite playing since release lol. I just keep getting distracted by sidequests and world events and dungeons! I see people saying to beeline the campaign and I'm trying to weigh it up in my head -- it'd be cool to experience the "real" game fresh at release with everyone else, but I dunno if I'm gonna be the kinda guy that runs endless Rifts or whatever, and I'm really, really enjoying Diablo 4 at a nice sedate pace, taking in all the sights and meeting all the people and doing all their quests.

But I dunno what the heck is going on with my gear yet, still mostly going with whatever has the biggest numbers. I had a really nice Legendary Bow with a good aspect, but I don't know how to strip off the aspect now that I've outgrown the bow, and I don't know when it would be worth bothering putting it on a different weapon anyway, given that I'm constantly changing out for new gear. Also wondering if the leveling system is gonna fall apart, since I'm already like level 29. Feels like signs from the game that I'm doing it wrong. :(

You are doing it the right way imho. The best part of the game, currently, happens right up until you finish the campaign. It is good afterwards still, but some aspects are either unfinished or need tweaking. There hasn't even really been a major patch yet, just day 1 and a string of hotfixes. Honestly, it feels a lot like D2 at launch, particularly with class balance. Anyway, I'd recommend just cruising along as you are. You play through for the First time only once. You can worry about speed running later.

Blacktooth
Apr 13, 2007

Schwawa posted:

How many uniques are people finding? I’m at 65 on my necromancer and have only found one, the gloves that turn CE into skeletons that run at enemies. Been playing on T4 since level 60 and still nothing!

On a related note, I really hope they add some low level uniques. Things like Tarnhelm, Eye of Etlich and such.

Blacktooth
Apr 13, 2007

Cyrano4747 posted:

Nah, that's just a run of the mill "holy warrior discovered corruption inside the institution" style story.

poo poo, Diablo 2 had the paladin going to loving town on their version of the Vatican in Act 3, basically going "wait you're doing loving WHAT in the basement?" and then bashing all the skulls.

There was a diablo 2 comic that was focused on the paladin and went into this a bit in . . . I want to say like 2003? fake edit: googling it looks like it was "Diablo: Tales of Sanctuary." Anyway, it leaned heavily into what Kurast was, howe mephisto corrupted it, and how that was all kind of an insane mind gently caress to the Pally.

I haven't read that, but that is cool. And the next class could be the Paladin or related...for spoiler reasons.

Blacktooth
Apr 13, 2007

edit: Nevermind, there was a post later with the answer

Blacktooth fucked around with this message at 11:05 on Jun 14, 2023

Blacktooth
Apr 13, 2007

Swilo posted:

it's going to be the season of zombies as was repeated numerous times during their last stream

just an unending stream of those exploding bloated corpses that don't drop their loot until after you've moved on and they finally pop

Bring back Black Deaths

Blacktooth
Apr 13, 2007

Ms. Chanandler Bong posted:

Now I've got all the renown and statues and pretty much just doing nightmare dungeons, the need to run to each one really starts to get boring quickly. Also some of the running around and backtracking within dungeons starts to seem really really pointless when the game at this point really should be about killing efficiency. I really think they will implement some form of rift system sooner or later with just a much simpler dungeon design.

However I think the paragon board is one of the best endgame progression systems I've seen in a game. Combined with the extremely polished gameplay I think if they get one more dungeon system going with high mob density this could be a fantastic endgame game. Right now though nightmares are still a tad annoying.

My first complaint with Nightmare Dungeons (and World Bosses with the exception of maybe Ashava) is that they feel disconnected from the world. Helltides and The Tree of Whispers? Great stuff. All of the other complaints, feel like mechanical issues. Turn a few dials, and flick a couple of switches, and they are all right. But, there doesn't feel like there is a reason to do them...it is just busy work. D3's rifts had the flimsiest of motivations, but still more the D4's nightmare dungeons. Perhaps this is one of the things that got cut, and something is coming. idk Maybe one of the druid clans or something

Blacktooth
Apr 13, 2007

Ytlaya posted:

Tried switching to an Arc Lash build on my sorcerer (after previously using Frost Shards). My take-away so far is that this build completely destroys enemies when my Ult is up, but seems worse when it isn't.

I feel like it needs more stats (namely crit chance + cooldown reduction) that I don't have on my gear, since I'm frequently stuck just sitting there waiting for my mana to recharge while Arc Lash-ing thing.

In general it seems difficult to build those stats while leveling (though I'm almost to 50 now).

It is pretty basic without somewhere around +30% crit and cooldown reduction. Look for gloves and rings with crit. Helm, amulet, and offhand for CDR. It is decent just with that, but get the unique boots and chest for teleport, and it just gets stupid. Port, nova, arc lash, and most things go POP. For everything else there is the ult.

Blacktooth
Apr 13, 2007

Tokubetsu posted:

If we talking lore aren't all humans technically Nephalem and its very watered down now over thousands of years but every now and then it manifests stronger for reasons (some prime evil is loving about).

IIRC, it was the Worldstone that muted the Nephalem, and over time they became known as humans. It has since been destroyed (at the end of D2), and some of the power that Nephalem once had started to return to humans (in D3). Malthael pretty much wrecked most of Sanctuary, which was a bit of a set back, and resulted in most of the depressing conditions we are seeing in D4. A lot of folks were killed and had their souls ripped away, so fewer humans. Though they still have the potential to be born Nephalem-ish, there are just fewer people, and probably weaker as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blacktooth
Apr 13, 2007

ninjahedgehog posted:

There are leaks going around that the new class is "Spiritborn, who will wield a glaive as their primary weapon and draw their powers from the elements of nature." Which is incredibly lame if true