Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: harrygomm, Astryl)

CBD Corndog
Jun 21, 2009

Bioshuffle posted:

Very curious to see if they were able to fix the performance issues during open beta.

They did, performance was great during the server slam. No memory leaks or hitches with textures set to ultimate or whatever, it was perfectly smooth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CBD Corndog
Jun 21, 2009

If you make a shortcut for Diablo4.exe and add the -launch option you can open the game

:orks:

CBD Corndog
Jun 21, 2009

I said come in! posted:

So wait, is each act just adding a new region to the world, and the whole thing is seamless?

You can do acts 1-4 in any order you want leading upto act 5. issa open world baybee

CBD Corndog
Jun 21, 2009

Holey moley the in engine cutscenes rule, Act 2 really starts kickin poo poo off

CBD Corndog
Jun 21, 2009

Fajita Queen posted:

Do clans do anything or is it just an extra ingame chat room and cheevo announcements?

That's pretty much it for now, a couple of systems are coming in pretty hot (devs mentioned the store is rough and wasn't even ready for the server slam). Have to imagine some secondary systems like clans and leaderboards took a backseat to get the core game running properly on time.

CBD Corndog
Jun 21, 2009

wemgo posted:

A saturday night nerf patch? Blizz couldn’t even keep my goodwill for 2 days goddamn.

If the build’s overpowered, fine. But dont triple tap anything midseason, you’re punishing your players for playing the game you (supposedly) tested the most optimal way they can.

Maxroll and such may be perceived as “bad” but unfortunately thats the way games are now. Its on blizz to adjust to modern reality *cough* real money AH *cough*

lmao this is just incoherent rambling, what season? We’re -2 days from launch.

WW Barb with the gloves gave like a 2200% damage bonus which led to D3 numbers. That poo poo needed to be smacked down to something reasonable and in-line with other classes. Crazy it even got this far but it is what it is.

CBD Corndog
Jun 21, 2009

World first hardcore 100 is done, with a few groups close behind as well:

https://www.d4race.com/

CBD Corndog
Jun 21, 2009

Bold Robot posted:

Anyone got a good guide to installing this on steam deck?

Is there any way to see the range for legendary aspect rolls in-game? I can't tell how to figure out if I have a good roll or not.

Lutris works, or you can add the BNet installer to steam, install the launcher in desktop mode, add the launcher to steam, install D4 in game mode

explosivo posted:

I'd focus on getting your active skills unlocked then start working on passives to improve them.

I'm also not entirely sure of the details but imprinting the ones you get from dungeons seem to apply them at a lower stat roll than ones you can find and extract from legendaries. So you have a codex of infinite use aspects of middling quality but will still want to look for legendaries with those aspects that likely have better rolls.

aspects from dungeons will always have the lowest rolls, its more bad luck protection and to help get builds started more than anything

CBD Corndog fucked around with this message at 15:31 on Jun 5, 2023

CBD Corndog
Jun 21, 2009

CuddleCryptid posted:

Be nice, I'm cursed with this attractive face and sick horns. It's a burden.

hey now, some of us have attractive horns and a sick face. count yourself lucky

CBD Corndog
Jun 21, 2009

George H.W. oval office posted:

Is there an oh poo poo get out of game quick method for hardcore?

There's a scroll of escape that ports you to town. Alt-f4'ing keeps your character logged in for a bit so you will die trying to get out POE-style

CBD Corndog
Jun 21, 2009

Bold Robot posted:

Does it run better if you go the Bnet launcher route as opposed to using Lutris? I got it running with Lutris and it works okay I guess, but it has gotten stuck on the map screen a few times and the process of opening Lutris, opening the launcher from there, then opening the actual D4 game from there feels clunky and kind of takes a while.

I imagine it runs the same, just cuts down on some steps. I just open the launcher in steam > tap play. Since you've already downloaded everything you should just be able to add the launcher to Steam and skip the Lutris stuff

CBD Corndog
Jun 21, 2009

M. Night Skymall posted:

I think the battlepass is 20 bucks either way, and you already missed the early access window mostly, so you'd just be getting the aptly named "temptation mount"

Also the battlepass doesn't activate until season 1 I think, getting it now does nothing.

There are 2 paid battlepasses, the premium one which is :10bux: and the ULTRA-PREMIUM one which is :20bux: and adds a bunch of level skips

CBD Corndog
Jun 21, 2009

SHISHKABOB posted:

It sounds like battle pass is pointless if you just want to play the game and don't care about cosmetics.

Yeah, the devs have been hammering this point and no one ever believes them.

The paid part of the battlepass is all cosmetics, the free part of the battle pass everyone gets automatically has all the power/stat boosts

CBD Corndog
Jun 21, 2009

Enos Shenk posted:

Also utterly shocked at maybe the smoothest modern Blizzard launch ever. I've had a couple games where things lagged out and wouldn't let me change zones, but 90% of the time it works perfectly fine. Did they put all of their competent people on this or what?

Recent Blizzard launches have been good, granted I don’t think WoW Classic, Dragonflight, or even OW2 pulled D4 launch numbers.

This also might be the smoothest launch of a live service game in recent history. Aside from a few server crashes it’s been pretty good. Can’t remember the last game launch that didn’t end in severe downtime and an apology jpg on twitter.

Also after seeing this I have a strong desire to make a Barb

CBD Corndog
Jun 21, 2009

Megasabin posted:

Anyone have a strategy for finding helltide mystery chests? I recently learned there are actually two per event. The single time I actually found both I walked out of the helltide with 20 sacred legendary items.

Yeah here have a map with most, if not all, mystery chest locations:

Another thing about hellfire mystery chests - they move every hour. So if a rift starts at 11:15, the chests will move to another location in the helltide at 12:00 and can be looted again, making it 4-6 mystery chests per helltide. Obviously if a rift starts at the top of the hour you can only get 2-4 chests since they only last an hour.

CBD Corndog fucked around with this message at 17:52 on Jun 7, 2023

CBD Corndog
Jun 21, 2009

Weird, reuploaded. Should work now

CBD Corndog
Jun 21, 2009

Its from the developers. Its a capstone on the difficulty which unlocks the next one, then the final one at 100 to cap it all off

CBD Corndog
Jun 21, 2009

Mayveena posted:

I'm fairly sure there's no chat because of toxicity.

Yeah, in the 10 reddit threads whining about no global chat most of the thread went like this:

"this game NEEDS a global chat"
"there shouldn't be global chat because it'll be awful and full of slurs"
"the slurs are the fun part"

CBD Corndog
Jun 21, 2009

Orange Crush Rush posted:

Uhhhh, something is wrong with my "Upgrade" here, why is it lowering my Lucky Hit chance by a lot

You hit an item level breakpoint where the range changes so everything gets rerolled

CBD Corndog fucked around with this message at 01:07 on Jun 11, 2023

CBD Corndog
Jun 21, 2009

Sourdough Sam posted:

"I'm gonna fix Sanctuary, Elias. Pinky promise."

"no wait not like that" 😔

CBD Corndog
Jun 21, 2009

bamhand posted:

Have they announced if statues and renown will be redone each season?

the statue bonuses will carry over, but renown doesn't. You can recollect the statues each season for the renown but you won't get anything else from them

CBD Corndog
Jun 21, 2009

I'm also willing to bet Seasons will have XP/renown boosts in the battlepass or even whatever the seasonal mechanic are that will smooth a bunch of this out.

Guess we'll find out in a week or so when they do that post-launch dev stream about the new season

CBD Corndog
Jun 21, 2009

game sold a lot, quickly to no ones surprise

https://investor.activision.com/news-releases/news-release-details/diablor-iv-crosses-666-million-sell-through-within-five-days

quote:

Within five days of launching, Diablo IV sell-through is the box-office equivalent of the biggest opening week of the year

Players have already clocked more than 276 million hours in Blizzard Entertainment’s fastest-selling game ever

The record-setting launch is just the beginning of a compelling live service game, with seasons beginning next month and expansions planned for years to come

IRVINE, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Jun. 12, 2023-- Diablo IV had the best-selling opening in Blizzard’s history, crossing an auspicious $666 million in global sell-through in the first five days following its June 6 launch*. The latest installment for the Diablo series, and Blizzard’s fastest-selling game ever*, is the box-office equivalent of the biggest opening week of the year**.

* Fastest selling based on both units and dollars sold through on all platforms through the first five days after launch (through June 10, 2023 for Diablo IV). Sell-through figures based on reporting received from digital partners, retailers, and Blizzard internal records and estimates.

** Per data according to Box Office Mojo by IMDb Pro, and Variety.

quote:

So what are players doing with all this time spent in Diablo IV?

276 billion demons killed since Early Access: nearly 35 times the global population.
Players have been vanquished over 316 million times
…over 5 million of those vanquishings were at the hands of the Butcher.
But they’re not falling alone - players have created a party with friends over 166 million times.
163 players have made it to the maximum level in Hardcore mode, where deaths are permanent.

CBD Corndog
Jun 21, 2009

acumen posted:

Turns out they probably could've let all the beta streamlords compete too and still have room on that statue

Everyone who has played hardcore before knew this, but Gamers need something to yell about

CBD Corndog
Jun 21, 2009

hell yeah sorcs

https://twitter.com/Diablo/status/1668373185853816832

CBD Corndog
Jun 21, 2009

American McGay posted:

Yeah I’m playing it right now, and have been without issue for a week and a half.

Nice screenshot though.

no you dont understand !! the servers crashed at 4AM for 10 minutes this launch is an abject failure !!!!!

CBD Corndog
Jun 21, 2009

Swilo posted:

And in some zones it doesn't even try, merely drawing a dotted straight line that is practically useless.

this is the best one I've had so far

CBD Corndog
Jun 21, 2009

SettingSun posted:

Considering how soon s1 is supposed to release they better have a pretty solid plan of what it's going to look like.

In some pre-launch interview they said development is finished on S1 and they're working on S2 along with planning 2 expansions

they better have a plan if the season is done and launching in 3 weeks

CBD Corndog
Jun 21, 2009

Kalli posted:

Marvel Heroes put in pets that would hoover up all loot under a certain quality you set and you'd level re-rollable perks on them that way.

I miss hitting a button and instantly deleting 300 items from the screen.

Last season of Diablo 3 had this too (except for the loot filter parts) and it owned

CBD Corndog
Jun 21, 2009

holey moley i can't believe they mentioned that Q&A with fake questions. D4 dev team owns

CBD Corndog
Jun 21, 2009

fadam posted:

Wait, so exploration and altar Renown will carry over, but not dungeon, side quest, stronghold? That's cringe, genuinely who wants to do any of that poo poo again?

Yeah it cuts out a part that sucks rear end, the fun part of the game isn't running dungeons over and over and over again or doing a bunch of side quests and skipping all the dialogue. There's no reason to make people do all that poo poo twice. Going into the season with a bunch of paragon and skill points would have been awesome.

Its literally the whole point of seasons, and the game in general. Sorry you wasted a bunch of time and burnt out before the seasons start with the real juice

CBD Corndog
Jun 21, 2009

euphronius posted:

Do NM dungeons cover all the dungeons?

No, its a set pool that will rotate per season

CBD Corndog
Jun 21, 2009

Donnerberg posted:

At 59:25 in the stream I'm pretty sure Ron says that ALL the account unlocks for renown are persistent. He brings up skill points, potions and the gambler bux as examples, but I assume this includes paragon points and he that he wasn't referring to the things pre-loaded renown points will unlock. The pre-load is about the personal unlocks.

https://twitch.tv/videos/1847877166

They clarified near the end of the stream. The Paragon/obols/skill points from Renown completion (the stuff in the W menu when opening the map) won't carry over to seasons, but you will be getting a chunk of Renown for map and altar completion that will unlock the first couple of rewards immediately and then you'll have to get renown for whatevers left (probably just Obols and paragon points)

CBD Corndog
Jun 21, 2009

Shredder posted:

I am happy with all of the information. They already have 13 pages of patch notes and have addressed the top concerns.

It feels weird not having anything to be mad about. :shrug:

other communities seem to be mad about no mention of group finder or overlay map, you could get annoying about those

CBD Corndog
Jun 21, 2009

Clocks posted:

Given that most of D4 is apparently "gamer dad with 13 kids who hasn't finished the campaign yet" I wonder whether it will be a tough sell or not to get them to redo renown every season. I guess that's the kind of person who wouldn't be concerned with it in the first place?

the large chunk of players will just finish the campaign and never touch the game again, maybe if an expansion comes out. they do not care about any of this poo poo

CBD Corndog
Jun 21, 2009

They're literally planning features and stuff for 2 expansions out.

With live service games you need to keep a buffer like this or it will all crash and burn (see Halo:Infinite and how it all came crumbling down because they couldn't keep up until now)

CBD Corndog
Jun 21, 2009

Ehud posted:

There will be XP bonuses in the free battle pass, NM dungeon XP is being increased, and World Tier 5 has been datamined which means it will come out soon and help the late XP curve as well.

edit: also it took long as hell to get to max level in D2 on a seasonal character.

I don't think WT5 is coming soon, it sounds like it got cut to make launch. Last year the devs were all talking about '5 difficulty levels' but in the run up to launch they only ever mention 4 tiers.

I'm sure it will get added at some point, since a lot of it seems done like gem ranks, but I'd bet season 3 at least

CBD Corndog
Jun 21, 2009

Mustached Demon posted:

I'd guess either battle pass points you earn doing content or journeys like D3.

They've said as much, yeah. There will be a journey-like list of tasks that refresh to give battlepass progression
https://news.blizzard.com/en-us/diablo4/23952500/what-you-can-expect-from-diablo-iv-s-post-launch-experiences

CBD Corndog
Jun 21, 2009

sushibandit posted:

I would assume "slow" is counted as a type of CC, so preference toward vuln% > crowdcontrol% > slow% in that order.

Also game seems fun, is 80+gb really the norm for AAA poo poo nowadays?

it is, but you can turn off the hi-resolution texture pack and save 40GB

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CBD Corndog
Jun 21, 2009

SettingSun posted:

Didn't they add limited respec into D2R lmao

1 free respec per difficulty, and you can farm uber diablo for drops that you can cube for more repsecs