Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: harrygomm, Astryl)

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

I am just going to wing it and assume that since I am playing with my friend I can pick barb and spin to win

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Duck and Cover posted:

What compels people to play blizzards new mediocre gruel (I mean I suppose it could be an actually good game, and I'm being unfair but I doubt it)? Is it all nostalgia? Is it a desperation for any ARPG? Is it because you can't avoid it? Friends are playing it? Like what would Blizzard have to do to get people to stop eating their gruel? I suppose people are just happy it isn't a cellphone Diablo. I'm honestly curious and not just thinking "you're loving idiots stop buying poo poo from poo poo companies you morons" way (I assure you I am thinking that).

ready to add this to the list of threads you're banned from eh lmao

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

I said come in! posted:

lol i'm a dumb, make sure you are paying attention to your challenges and claiming the rewards from them. I just got an extra 6 skill points.

dang

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

I said come in! posted:

I was an impatient gorilla and was like :argh: leave me alone pop ups. I didn't stop to think that this was important, but that is a me problem lol.

I say "skip" to all cutscenes and popups to the tune of pony by genuwine

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Deki posted:

One of the things I was worried about were the beta performance issues and I don't know if the new GeForce drivers were the cause of the fix but it's nice not having my GPU chugging and the game refusing to close cleanly on exit.

Yeah it performs pretty well, Nvidia experience seems to think the requirements are higher than they really are

Ever since I got the game ready drivers the game freezes and crashes on the splash screen like 50% of the time though

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

there are not a lot of skill options really, I accidentally made the meta barb build just because I liked whirlwind in D2 and PoE and the war cries looked good

the zoom level is normal imo, I don't think about it at all

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

melee in an arpg is always going to be weaker but also it's fun

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

yeah huh it is, with a controller

which is the best way to play an ARPG in 2023. if it was feasible in PoE that's how I'd play it

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Stux posted:

works fine in poe otehr than having to log out to change input device lol

yeah and the decision to make it that way is a prime example of D2 nostalgia brain poisoning in game balance, and I love D2

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Sloober posted:

reduce how much plus is on gear

yea it's the snowballing that does it

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

weird that you can't change your haircut

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

SettingSun posted:

Why does Mephisto get to have all the fun? Where are the daughters of Terror and Destruction?

Diablo is too pointy and Baal has no dick

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Kaysette posted:

this is too painful, just gonna read a summary later

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

new seasons having new NPCs is good obviously

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

builder/spender kinda sucks

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

I like the linear story with waypoints of PoE more than the far cry style open world, also mounts are dumb

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

gettin mad makes you look weak

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Philthy posted:

The only thing that is considered complex, imo, is the endgame sigils and moving the colored dots on the map to unlock more map. That's not a season mechanic, that's the endgame, and it is extremely complex the first time figuring it out.

yeah it was not great but you don't have to do it anymore

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

DLC Inc posted:

PoE has platforming segments????

nah not really, just traps on the ground. standard don't stand in the bad stuff gameplay

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

was the KFC tie in stuff cool looking? obviously not cool enough to go to KFC

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

It feels like someone at the helm wants your build to be a Commitment and they have people undermining their effort and giving us this current system where you CAN fully respec at a totally negligible cost, but it's a colossal pain in the rear end

I should be able to save a full build with items, transmogs, skills, and paragon points to a Loadout Slot and change between them with a single button press. gently caress you until I can do that, tbqh

Yeah, as a freak who doesn't mind replaying campaigns over and over in traditional ARPGS, rolling characters for different builds makes some sense there but does not work with an open world imo. Once you go open world just have loadouts and level once per class

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

coelomate posted:

It’s hard for some folks to “grok” seasons because the first is landing SO SOON after launch.

If S1 came in September, everyone would be naturally bored and intrigued by the fresh start. As it is I’m sure a lot of newer and/or more casual players still have things to do and are having fun, making a fresh start countdown in just 2 weeks feel a little off.

Yep D2R waited longer and it had less poo poo to do and D2 already had ladders

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

As someone new to Seasons I guess I dont see the appeal of what sounds like a somewhat tedious new mechanic that I'll only ever get to use for 3 months? I already am struggling with the itemization and dealing with having to audit every pile of loot I bring in... and now in S1 I am going to have to worry about getting items I like AND hope that they have a socket of a color I want?

I think you'll be able to handle it

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Honestly character slot limits seem like a made up problem in 2023

I keep all my old standard characters in D2R and PoE and only delete them when I have to, to save blizzard and ggg their precious megabytes

I don't ever log into them and if I did they'd all have had their spec points refunded by patches, but it's neat to have the hall of game

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

as a total D2 and ARPG grognard, D4 has been simplified so much they might as well just get rid of resistances

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

man I don't want to log in and discover all the map but I really should

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

I see you are all new to zoux's schtick lol

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Substandard posted:

They just tweeted they are going to do a campfire chat on Friday.

I look forward to hearing about some old nerd's ingrown toenail or whatever for ten minutes

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

sure okay posted:

I like it when games get harder. I also like it when I have to think about it differently w/r/t stats, itemization, and growth overall.

Patch good!

sounds like you have some growing up to do

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

It would be nice if this poo poo show resulted in a global reduction of cooldowns, because cooldowns suck

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

mathil is the closest thing to a goon in the ARPG streaming world

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

the Tetris effect but it's me waiting two more seconds to pick up my coffee cup and take a sip

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Vic posted:

I don't get it.

I think they're trying to make fun of angry people but it just reads as angrier

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

External Organs posted:

Just make everything multiplicative :rms:

yeah I mean the point of the game is to be baby's first simplified ARPG so the whole additive vs multiplicative concept seems out of place

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

as much as people say barb sucks I'll probably just play barb again because barbs are cool

might try leveling thorns because apparently that scales well early on?

hota is pretty fuckin boring to play, at least death blow / iron maelstrom has more buttons even though they are on tedious cooldowns

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Stux posted:

u abolsutely know for sure there are people right now playing poe for the first time with exploding totems and theyre going to wonder wtf happened when that level of free power is no longer available. possibly will cry loudly about nerfs??

if someone started poe this league and went through all the bullshit of combining crucible trees I commend them. I couldn't be bothered with it

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

my camera froze in place on a merchant, so my character just casually walked off screen lmao

and all videogame subreddits are like that

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Thorns barb is a neat gimmick but it suffers from the same problem as every other barb build in that you have to use all the shouts which take up all your slots and the default shout cooldown is at least 5s too long

Like seriously, just decrease the cooldowns of the shouts. It is tedious to wait for them and there's no reason not to that isn't bullshit. They don't do damage like in d2

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

like you should be able to have 100% shout uptime with the skill tree alone. Call barb a support class, whatever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

External Organs posted:

I don't see the functional difference between Necro curses and shouts, except curses are easy to use. poo poo, iron maiden is even a resource generator.

I guess war cry grants more damage.

seems like they are painting themselves into a corner for when the paladin inevitably comes out with auras which are going to be shouts but better