Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: harrygomm, Astryl)

lagidnam
Nov 8, 2010
I did the lvl 70 capstone dungeon at 63 an my Rogue and the only thing that got me through the boss fight was the 900 armor elixir. Don't forget to use one of those, it might give you the last 5% you need.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lagidnam
Nov 8, 2010
Maxroll.gg has a written guide that explains the damage formula. As far as I know the real one isn't known yet but it should be close enough.

https://maxroll.gg/d4/getting-started/damage-for-beginners

They have a nice list of the additive bonuses though.

quote:

The following damage bonuses belong to this additive category:

All Damage (including Damage After Killing an Elite)
Core/Basic/Trap/Brawling etc. Skill Damage
Physical/Fire/Cold/Shadow/Lightning/Poison Damage
Damage to Close/Distant Enemies
Damage to Crowd Controlled/Slowed/Stunned etc. Enemies
Damage to Bleeding/Poisoned/Burning etc. Enemies
Damage to Elites
Damage to Healthy/Injured Enemies
Damage while Healthy/Fortified
Damage while Berserking (including the native 25% bonus)

lagidnam
Nov 8, 2010
Did a tier 35 Nightmare Dungeon, I'm lvl 80 mobs were 89. Made roughly 2,2 million exp, without a potion. The dungeon did not have a boss but three objectives. It did have one of those "hold out" rooms in the middle.

I'd guess with a potion it's between 4-5 dungeons to go from lvl 80 to 81. Seems like a massive exp buff.

lagidnam
Nov 8, 2010
They gave the new quest npc his own instanced space in the overworld. However, you can't go there as the instance seemed to be completely overloaded, so you just rubberband in place two screens away. Good job Blizzard.

lagidnam
Nov 8, 2010
They're going to nerf nightmare dungeons in the hotfix later today? Did I hear that right?

lagidnam
Nov 8, 2010
Carbot still good:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A4BeAQ3ue90

lagidnam
Nov 8, 2010
I was wondering how someone was able to two shot a lvl 90 world boss. Turns out the "Barber" heart collects the dmg of all members in a party, amplifies it and deals it a few seconds later in one big hit. The other players stop dealing dmg themselves and only get "Immune" instead of numbers.

lagidnam
Nov 8, 2010

WalletBeef posted:

I have a barber but I'm like level 53, do I just save this for when I'm like level 95 or so?

Use it now to make it easier to farm the next one.

I played chain lightning Sorc for 72 levels and it was really, really bad. I got a barber and now it's the Sorc from the first open beta again. The heart is so stupidly overpowered that it doesn't really matter what level you are or how good the item is you put it in. Just use it. It's probably going to get nerfed next week anyways.

lagidnam
Nov 8, 2010

EC posted:

When does S2 kick off? I'm assuming that the patch will drop after S2 ends in the 17th and then S2 a couple of weeks after that?

One second after S1 ends, it rolls over immediately.

lagidnam
Nov 8, 2010

quote:

700 Platinum, previously 666 Platinum, can now be acquired from Tiers in the Premium Battle Pass.

Is that enough for a season pass?

Edit: It's 1000 for a pass, boooooo!

lagidnam
Nov 8, 2010
Least we forget that Activision Blizzard is a garbage company. The two Diablo skins for Overwatch 2 are locked behind the highest version of the Battle Pass at 40$.

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/ov...ers-arent-happy

quote:

Overwatch 2 is getting new skins that clothe Moria and Pharah in the outfits of Diablo 4’s Lilith and Inarius. Those skins are part of a new wave of cosmetics incoming for the game’s Season 7: Rise of Darkness, but they’re not part of the standard premium battle pass. Instead, they’ll cost you another $40 - as much as the whole of Overwatch 1 did when it was first released.

lagidnam
Nov 8, 2010
They released a small teaser video on their Twitter to show some of the changes in season 2. I start to see why the game is like it is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2NNbF1Z_V_k&t=134s

lagidnam
Nov 8, 2010
4.17GB remaining @ 8.38 KB/s

gently caress yeah, gonna play in...

5.76 days?

lagidnam
Nov 8, 2010

quote:

Hello everyone,

We have encountered some technical issues with our current build and will be delaying Season of Blood’s start time by a few hours to remedy these issues. Once we have more information, we’ll update you right away. We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate the feedback you have provided and your patience.

lagidnam
Nov 8, 2010
Would be funny if the delay is caused by the Steam release. That one is stuck on Coming Soon, even though it should be out by now.

lagidnam
Nov 8, 2010
Patch seems well balanced, had a look at Northwars stream and he killed uber Lilith in 10 seconds with his Ball Lightning Sorc. Nothing to see here...

lagidnam
Nov 8, 2010
I'm in the character selection and just got the "Welcome to the Season of Blood" screen. It seems to have started.

lagidnam
Nov 8, 2010

hawowanlawow posted:

target farming varshan for my build enabling unique actually worked

do the body parts that summon varshan carry over from WT3 to WT4?

I believe they do, you just need more/maybe an additional one in WT4.

lagidnam
Nov 8, 2010

bamhand posted:

The final season reward is a bunch of potent blood. After I maxed all my blood abilities and have literally thousands extra from grinding rep to level 18. They managed to outdo last season's reward of a scroll of amnesia.
Apparently, some players could upgrade their vampire powers higher then just lvl 3 when season 2 launched. After they relogged the option was gone. I think they updated the wrong version when S2 was supposed to start. This would explain the delay and also why the last reward is even more blood that you don't need.

lagidnam
Nov 8, 2010
Most interesting thing at this Blizzcon will be the audience reaction when they announce the first D4 expansion.

lagidnam
Nov 8, 2010
The amount of crowd silence is deafening

lagidnam
Nov 8, 2010
Tier seven sigils for AoZ cost 1100 powder to make and give 2250 when recycled, because?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0gUvRKkMME4

Edit: old news, already fixed

lagidnam
Nov 8, 2010

thunderspanks posted:

I'm currently level 46 and starting act 3- did a lot of side quests, unlocked most of the renown rewards available to me, found all the world waypoints other than the couple quest locked (and put the game down for a couple of weeks after buying it). If I don't manage to finish acts 3-6 before S3 starts, which is likely as tonight will probably be my last game night before Tuesday, will I have to start from scratch at Act 1 again? Or can I pick up where I left off when my character switches to Eternal?

I'm not 100% sure but my guess would be that the eternal realm char keeps the quest progress. Only the seasonal content is removed, otherwise everything should be the same.

lagidnam
Nov 8, 2010
Now you can't tell me that it isn't worth it to slowly walk through these traps. Look at this beauty!

The normal scorpion constructs seem to have some sort of charge stun that I don't like, and for some reason the mechanical bees can spawn as cold enchanted. They fire multi shots and can freeze you in a single volley if you don't dodge. They specifically removed this as it was awful, why is this poo poo back?

lagidnam
Nov 8, 2010
I tried a conjuration Sorc this season with Chain Lightning as mana spender. Hydras have no cooldown so that's good. Ice Blades have a 16s cooldown but decrease it themself when attacking a vulnerable enemy. The enchantment also spawns new blades after spending skills with a cooldown sum of 40s.

Then you come to Lightning Spear... 20s base cooldown, you can use an aspect to have a "chance" to spawn a second Spear when you cast it. Then you look at the enchantment and it's "10% chance to spawn a Spear when you pick up Crackling Energy". Best way to get Crackling Energy is the 30% on crit from Chain Lightning.

So they expect you to take your Chain Lightning crit chance, multiply it by 30% and then walk into the monster pack to pick up Crackling Energy, for another 10% chance to get one more Lightning Spear.

Or you open a stream, see a Barb hit the season boss for 54 million, close the stream and uninstall the loving game.

lagidnam
Nov 8, 2010

Bisse posted:

So apparently word on the street is that vaults are a lot more fun after the patch? Much more warding stacks so you can take a lot of trap hits, high mob density with good xp, straightforward path with no backtracking, etc, people are saying they are better than NMDs? Not playing so idk but sounds like good news

Played 4-5 this morning and I can confirm that. Spend two pearls at the entrance to get 20 stacks of the buff. Keep 15 till the end and you get 2 pearls back from the chests. Good amount of gear and tons of the robot stones at the end. Monster density is really nice and the xp per run seems to be at least on par with NMDs. It's at least a distraction from the normal grind.

lagidnam
Nov 8, 2010
So if the Lunar event ends the 20th, do we get the Gauntlet after this?

One day before Last Epoch 1.0 releases?

lagidnam
Nov 8, 2010
Rod Ferguson confirmed on the Xbox podcast that the Gauntlet is coming Feb. 13th.

lagidnam
Nov 8, 2010
My Sorc is wearing this and it equals 10090 armor, no other bonuses anywhere. I'm sitting at 14990, as a Sorcerer! The big thing is that I don't need to keep stacks up to keep the armor. Helps a ton against Corpse Bows.

lagidnam
Nov 8, 2010
Dev Blog for the PTR is out. Together with the 1.4.0 patch notes at the bottom.

https://news.blizzard.com/en-us/diablo4/24078324/the-diablo-iv-season-4-ptr-what-you-need-to-know

I see they still have the same people working on the game.

"Yen's Blessing – Unique Boots
Casting a Skill has a 20-30% chance to cast a Non-Mobility, Non-Ultimate Skill that is currently on Cooldown. This effect can only occur once every 12 seconds."

One cast every 12s and it still has an activation chance. It probably can proc Teleport and kill the Sorc when it happens at the wrong time.

Edit: Teleport is obviously a movement skill so they at least thought of that.

lagidnam fucked around with this message at 19:38 on Mar 28, 2024

lagidnam
Nov 8, 2010

flashman posted:

Is PTR season 4 or is there poo poo held back

No seasonal stuff on the PTR

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lagidnam
Nov 8, 2010

The Lone Badger posted:

Given that this is on Gamepass now I’m considering trying it, but I’m not sure I’m ready for Blizzard’s writing. How excruciating is it this time?

Almost everybody who played the campaign was positively surprised. More than good enough to go through it at least once. If you compare it to the D3 campaign it might as well be a different genre.