Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: harrygomm, Astryl)

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

Hello, I just finished the campaign for the first time with a sorcerer and switched to ball lightning build after I found a gravity ring. Now, everything just dies while I walk around. Almost reminds me of the Diablo 1 sorcerer. I looooove them balls!

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Man, once again I'm gonna say that Christmas event would have been perfect for start of season. I keep getting Ancestrals, while in wt3, that have a super low level requirement

How do you get these? Are they in the yellow goodie bag?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

Tokubetsu posted:

Idk if it's the worst poo poo, it's just really tedious. IF you're playing casually just grab the statues, and then whenever theres a BH or HT in an area, try to do the sidequests there so you're knocking out a bunch of stuff you need at the same time.

Sitting there and slamming through 5+ NMDs feels worse to me but I did my renown grind way back in s0 so.

Does the renown/found statues progress carry over to future seasons?

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Things that are totally permanent

- The Altars of Lilith (both the rewards from each individual altar, and also the Renown for each one)
- Areas Discovered (the map visibility and the Renown for each one)
- The bottom-half of each reward tier for each zone (+1 Skill Point, +1 Potion, +1 Skill Point, +80 Max Obols, +4 Paragon Points)

Even though your renown score resets each season, and you will in theory drop from Tier 5 to Tier 3, you have all the relevant rewards, forever.

Things that reset and it's annoying

- Waypoints
- Strongholds (blocks some Dungeons and Waypoints until you do 'em)

Other things that reset but who cares

- Dungeon Completions
- Side quests
- the top-half of each reward tier for each zone (a tiny pittance of XP and Gold)

Thanks! I just assumed everything reset so I wasn't going too hard on the renown stuff.

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

Get your free horse armor.

https://twitter.com/Diablo/status/1737174487307542786

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

Kaysette posted:

1.2.0 did help but there are still combinations of objectives and tile sets that suck to complete compared to others. That’s why there are clear tier lists of dungeons based mainly on ease of navigation and therefore completion. I do prefer activities like rifts/aoz but until recently grinding NMD was the only way to get glyph xp so it wasn’t optional for endgame.

Wait, how else do you get glyph XP?

Carrion Fields is at the top of my personal tier list as there's only one sub-objective and it's clear where you need to go.

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

SmallpoxJenkins posted:

Nice to see you're still shooting blindly into the dark, without any idea of what you're shooting at or why.

Isn't that the Blizzard way?

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

Circle Nine posted:

ive been playing diablo 3 and actually having fun not endlessly running the same 6 nightmare dungeons and bosses endlessly

Is there a reason there are only like 20 dungeons in the nightmare pool? Does it change every season? Serious question.

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

Mustached Demon posted:

Yeah it rotates between a set fraction. Ghoa Ruins should be every season imo.

Ah ok. I guess a shorter list helps people find the ones they like maybe? I would like to see more that can overlap with the whispers.

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

That too!

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

thunderspanks posted:

Enjoying the campaign so far. Just hit level 16 with a puncture/rapid fire build from ivy veins. Only died once so far to some wild op boss that spawned in the cave for my specialization quest- I don't know what it's name was but it was gone after I respawned. Haven't had a chance to do anything since finishing that quest as I had to immediately take off for some irl stuff but I understand this is one of the big power spike moments yes?

Sounds like the Butcher. A pair of blood seekers can randomly spawn in dungeons too, and they can be tough if you're unprepared.

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

I played through the campaign despite having the option to skip, and kinda felt like it was a waste of time tbh. But it did give me an appreciation of how OP ball lightning was when I spent so much time killing bosses in 2-3 minutes to killing them in 5 seconds after I switched builds.

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

Captain Duvel posted:

Midwinter bags are still dropping from nightmare dungeons lols

It's a Christmas miracle!

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

My map was blacked out in the new hub area. I hope that's a bug, anyway.

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

I'm enjoying it, but I started in S2 so I'm not totally burnt out on the base game yet.

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

Well. Rinse, wait an hour or so, repeat

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

Servers appear to be down due to a DDoS attack.

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

Bobby Deluxe posted:

There were a few druid ones that added landslide to a bunch of abilities as well, but I don't know if they're still there.

I've been using the pulverize shockwave aspect. Pulverize was starting to feel kinda anemic around ~50 before I got that, so it's been pretty good. It's one of those aspects that you can only find on items in the wild or gambling like the gravitational aspect (and I think ancestral charge). I guess those are a premium tier of aspects?

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

Boinks posted:

Since the patch, every time I open the game on PS5 it makes me set my preferences and watch the opening cinematic again.

don't forget the digitized voice telling you to press any button to begin

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

I would just wait at this point

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

flashman posted:

Yes by there's 15 minutes straight of chasing a camel around

I liked that the camel would restock your potions and it said "healer" when you click on it

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

hawowanlawow posted:

another month at least until there's something to talk about, only the dadliest gamers are still playing this season

Perhaps everyone is busy earning 1.35x gold and XP during the Mother's Blessing event, ending tonight?

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

Is the consumable tab larger?

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

I just can't stand the WoW aesthetic. I prefer the look of D4 even if it is more generic.

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

What are the fast NMDs for glyph XP this season? Besides Ghoa Ruins of course.

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

Ersatz posted:

The vaults. Usually takes 5-6 minutes per run.

I thought the vaults give less glyph XP than NMDs.

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

Mustached Demon posted:

It's the same. You can blast through cinder almost as fast as ghoa.

Huh, I don't know why I thought it was less. Vaults it is I guess!

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

Jimbot posted:

How do you folks deal with the final room in vaults and maintain enough wardings to open those chests? I've managed to keep enough to open a couple but that felt more like happenstance than an active effort on my part. I find it really hard to see the traps going off among the horde of enemies. A lot of visual clutter that's hard to parse.

I just take 4x10 stacks, and that's usually plenty. I believe you get 3 pearls for finishing a vault, and I have over 100 at this point so I'm not going to run out before the season ends.

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

I post, you mf.

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

MJBuddy posted:

Is there an internal trade system in D2? The moment I have to open a browser to find a trade partner or spam a channel the entire system is dead to me.

So I generally like D4 there, excepting that I would actually like an AH and what you've described, just a formal one in the client.

Yeah, you create a game called "7 PAME 4 IST" and wait and see if anyone joins

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

There should be evil horse enemies, and horse elites that can generate scary zones on the ground.

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

they'll probably still do some mid-season mini event like the yuletide festival and the super shrines.

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

MarcusSA posted:

Did they get rid of the butcher? I’m level 71 and haven’t seen him once.

no, I saw him when I was playing last week in WT4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

where does the dusty barbarian rank?