Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: harrygomm, Astryl)

J
Jun 10, 2001

MrMidnight posted:

The real server slam starts now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

J
Jun 10, 2001

Welp says my nvidia drivers were out of date and now nvidia's servers appear to be getting slammed lmao goddamnit, the betas worked fine gently caress off

J
Jun 10, 2001

I bee lined to the mount unlock which you get at the start of act4 and now I'm loving around doing side quests and other random poo poo.

J
Jun 10, 2001

As far as bugs/issues go, I had one weird issue in a dungeon where none of my abilities worked. Pressing the buttons didn't do anything, dodge didn't do anything. Weirdly enough though the jump/climb function still worked. Had to log out to character screen and come back to fix it. Another time I had my character somehow glitch out underneath the terrain and get stuck, had to tp out and run back. Other than that, I've had several instances of an npc getting stuck when trying to lead them to the next quest marker. Usually running away a screen or two and coming back fixes those, although I did have one where I had to go find a jump/climb spot to get the npc to "un-stick" out of the animation they were stuck in before coming back. I didn't think to try TPing out and back to fix that one.

J
Jun 10, 2001

Clocks posted:

Wasn't a huge fan of Neyrelle either, but I feel like she was also the only one with a decent point at the end, which is if the choice is to seal up Lilith or a prime evil we should probably seal the prime evil?? But then she goes off on an adventure by holding a big glowy soulstone in her hand and drops it on the ground so that'll work out great I'm sure. :downs:

I thought it was real odd how Neyrelle puts Mephisto in the soulstone and he says good job you all just hosed up then Neyrelle casually smiles at the PC and strolls through a red portal with Mephisto's wolf chilling in it. Real trustworthy portal you got right there??

J
Jun 10, 2001

Arsonide posted:

I'm in a weird spot. I built whirlwind barbarian, but I'm not super top tier like Maxrolls or whatever. I didn't get those gloves and I just got WT3 as the nerfs hit. Hell I just got the aspect that shortens shout cooldowns. I'm wondering if I should roll an alt to diversify my nerf potential or something, but I am enjoying my character and want to continue playing him despite everything on the internet telling me he's trash now.

I think I'm just going to keep spinning through bad guys for a bit until it stops being viable.

Thing is, there are other sources of cooldown reduction that people weren't using that they will want to use now to get the shout cooldowns lower. I think it will be fine it will just take additional investment compared to before. My WW guy is still doing fine I just have to be more mindful of times when all the shouts are on cd, and I don't even have cooldown reduction in slots I could have it yet.

Wiltsghost posted:

Do I have to switch to tier 3 at 50 or can I just keep rocking what I'm doing? I know 3 gives better gear and better xp but for this first character I don't really care about that stuff? For seasons I will of course.

If you can clear tier3 without TOO much of a struggle I would strongly recommend playing it because sacred items start dropping there and a sacred weapon will most likely instantly be WAY better than your current weapons regardless of how it rolls.

J
Jun 10, 2001

boneration posted:

I'm gonna sound stupid here but what exactly is a battle pass? Looked it up rq and it seems like progress in seasons is limited without buying it. On a $70 game. How are people not absolutely enraged by this, or am I missing something?

I feel as if the concept of a battle pass is something everyone else intuitively understands but I genuinely have no idea what the hell it is.

Fortnite really popularized the battle pass as a monetization system. Most battle passes are like a cosmetic unlock progression system that cost around $15ish. Your battle pass starts at level 1, and you level it up by playing the game. Each level unlocks some sort of cosmetic item. Think skins, emotes, profile icons, etc. Usually there will be daily/weekly tasks associated with the pass that level it up further. Typically these passes have a limited time duration attached to them, somewhere around 3 to 6 months depending on the game. If you don't finish your pass too bad you don't get the rest of the unlocks, and usually the cosmetics unlocked on the pass never appear on the in-game store in the future, contributing to FOMO.

Sometimes the battle pass will include premium currency on the pass, so that if you complete the pass you can buy the next pass without putting more money in. This is what fortnite and a lot of games copying fortnite did, but Blizzard didn't do this part with overwatch 2's battle pass so I'm not expecting them to do it with the D4 pass either. (someone feel free to correct me on that if the OW2 pass changed, I've not played it recently)

J
Jun 10, 2001

SettingSun posted:

I notice that Google is full of SEO ai generated articles who cobble together questionable info from somewhere. I basically only trust first hand sources like forum posts.

Trying to find specific details about game mechanics is remarkably annoying. So much SEO bullshit and stupid clickbait youtube videos everywhere.

J
Jun 10, 2001

Is there any other decent source of gold besides vendoring items?

J
Jun 10, 2001

Doctor Zero posted:

Am I just unlucky or are the locked chests you have to buy a key for completely useless? I get better stuff out of regular chests. And even better stuff from doing a 2 minute event and actually gain Oblios.

Those chests have been total garbage for me, most of the time not even dropping a yellow item. Regular chests are better. Seems bugged.

J
Jun 10, 2001

The Ol Spicy Keychain posted:

So people have been speculating that Blizzard removed Shako and Grandfather from the game because no one has gotten them to drop but

https://twitter.com/AZJackson85/status/1667270064545103872

I guess there is a whole class of ultra rare Uniques that serve as chase items. doesn't sound like i'll ever get my hands on one of these

I don't believe this for the first second. It's like Sean Murray saying the universe in no man's sky is too big for 2 players to ever find each other. Those drops are either bugged or not enabled yet. D4 has so many turbo poopsocking clout chasers champing at the bit to go WORLD FIRST SHAKO LOOK AT ME that we would have had evidence of them by now.

J
Jun 10, 2001

Remove all enemies from dungeons, instead you will gain exp for placing macguffins in pillars. All xp/hour rates will now be perfectly equalized :evilbuddy:

J
Jun 10, 2001

What's the deal with steel grasp, you can throw this poo poo into a crowd and sometimes it will pull 10 mobs, sometimes it pulls 0. Do mobs have pull resistance or something? This poo poo is unreliable as hell.

J
Jun 10, 2001

The real reset in diablo2 wasn't the ladder reset, it was you forgetting to log into a character for 90 days and it getting deleted lol

J
Jun 10, 2001

quote:

The channel time for the Leave Dungeon ability has been increased from 3 to 5 seconds.

Hahahaha

J
Jun 10, 2001

Rock Puncher posted:

reddit already posted the bingo card

I love a good trainwreck but I'm still not gonna watch it

Long term health of the game is on there twice, please nerf long term health of the game for the long term health of the bingo card

J
Jun 10, 2001

Convention of elements is the worst item ever put into an arpg

J
Jun 10, 2001

victrix posted:

lmao this can't be real

skill intensity for visual effects has been bugged since launch?

https://www.reddit.com/r/diablo4/comments/175rm9x/psa_skill_intensity_exists/

flexing blue and thick white fiery balls on the plebs

J
Jun 10, 2001

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

https://twitter.com/Diablo/status/1712861150533095693/video/1

1000*40% = 1040 ????

40% of 1000 is 400 so where the gently caress did 1040 come from

Already deleted lol

J
Jun 10, 2001

bamhand posted:

Oh we're back to 5 people dying to Ashava every time she attacks.

Yeah 2 minutes in my group hadn't even moved the health bar, I just left :smith:

J
Jun 10, 2001

Internet Explorer posted:

I'd really like to meet the UI person who thought Pacts should be expressed as Available/Required and not Required/Available. Madness.

Also how those requirements are visible on a different tab from your gear inventory so you have to swap back and forth between tabs when trying to compare pact differences on gear that just dropped to what you currently have equipped :argh:

J
Jun 10, 2001

Hemomancy made the early game so much more tolerable. It just cleans up all the random stragglers that are otherwise annoying to kill when you're stuck in builder/spender purgatory with no build of any kind online yet.

J
Jun 10, 2001

WIsh there was any other way to level up glyphs, because bouncing around between legion/world boss/helltide/blood harvest is fun, but NMDs are still super boring :negative:

J
Jun 10, 2001

If you have multiple sources of "after X seconds your next attack will overpower", like say the vampire power and the glyph, do those stack in any way? Like can you have 2 overpowers back to back saved up?

J
Jun 10, 2001

Hades isn't an arpg, fight me

J
Jun 10, 2001

triangles and pyramids would require additional swim lanes and there's no more room in the pool

J
Jun 10, 2001

Elden Ring is an RTS actually, because it is real time and has strategy involved

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

J
Jun 10, 2001

Maybe they should hire Michael Phelps to give some swim lessons