Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: harrygomm, Astryl)

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Hell motherfuckin' yeah.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

I'll gladly pay you next Tuesday for a Horadric Hamburger today!

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Mordiceius posted:

So, as someone who hasn't followed the plot of what's going on with DIablo 4, why is Lilith evil? Wasn't her thing "I want to protect Sanctuary"?

I think she's just got her crosshairs on Inarius and everyone aligned with him.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Blizzard game launch days are always a poo poo show. I'm a masochist so lets goooo.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

CuddleCryptid posted:

Is there a way to turn off or minimize the area effects of other players in your party? I have some friends who are playing Blight necro and meteor sorc and the sorc has issues where they cant see where any of their meteors are landing because of constantly layers of blight overlaying the circle.

I'd like to know this as well but for myself. I can't see poo poo with my blighted explosions, it's a pain.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Look at my horse, my horse is amazing.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

MarcusSA posted:

Who has bought the chicken sandwiches?

I did. I had to buy them in separate orders or else I would have only gotten credit for one if they were all in a single order.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Kin33 posted:

I feel like the world tiers are on different servers. People I know on WT1 and 2 are dealing with queues and login issues while 3 and 4 login instantly.
Take that poors.

Confirmed. I'm on tier 3, and got in no issue just now.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

SettingSun posted:

It's a wonder that we're giving D4 the time of day after the Diablo Immortal trash fire. And the string of Blizzard's other recent failures. I heard Dragonflight was ok but I dunno I don't play MMOs.

Dragonflight was ok but it's weighed down by it being an expansion for a 19 year old game.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

yorkinshire posted:

PSA for people having trouble riding the horse. Instead of clicking, hold down your left click for a much smoother riding experience.

Controlling the horse with a mouse sucks because some the HUD elements drop the command if you're holding your mouse cursor over them.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Clocks posted:

I definitely have a lot of small complaints that will add up overtime.

I agree 100% with the UX choices, and the layout in each of the towns, they kind of suck.

I bet there's a decent number of players who'll stop playing after the main story ends, and will be satisfied with that.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Just soloed the capstone to unlock tier IV as a Necro! The last boss was annoying but not bad once you memorize it.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

I'm having a lot of fun playing as a Necro with no skellies so far. Even if they buff minions for Necromancers, I likely wouldn't use them 'cause it's not a lot of fun to have minions do all the work.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

KrunkMcGrunk posted:

does anyone know if attack speed also affects cast speed?

Attack speed does affect how rapidly you can cast abilities as long as they're not on cooldown of course. This is why I'll never use 2 handed weapons with my Necromancer, it would take forever to pop all these corpses.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Slow News Day posted:

So what's the best class?

Necro. Always has been, always will be in all Diablo games.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

When I got my first unique this morning, it felt like it was a long time coming. I was level 62 when it finally dropped. Funny thing is now the game's throwing unique legendary items at me.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Jose Oquendo posted:

From what I understand you need to finish the acts to start ‘end game’ stuff and advancing world tiers. So should I just make a beeline and finish the acts and forget about exploring stuff like dungeons until later?

I'd only focus on moving up to the next tier if it's getting too easy.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

If the nightmare dungeon location is at a stronghold you haven't liberated yet, you won't be able to do that until it's done.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Ice Fist posted:

The context here is I activated the dungeon. Forgot the name of the dungeon. I went to the map but none of the icons I had found were any different. It wasn't until I tried activating a different nightmare dungeon that it gave me the name again. The icon wasn't any different, but...

... it was in a stronghold I haven't done. Mystery solved.

Then I got booted so I imagine I lost it anyways.

I don’t think the game starts the dungeon if you can’t get there yet.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Ghislaine of YOSPOS posted:

I switched from a minion necro build to a bone necro build at like 42 or so and have been immensely regretting it ever since. Taking forever to kill poo poo now and I’m way less survivable, and going through a whole rotation is so much more work. I think I was better off using the minion leggos I got 20 levels ago.

It's all about using a basic skill to plop a corpse on the ground, use corpse tendrils on that fresh pile, and chuck some bone spears into the group.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

I don't get the necro hate. Aren't all classes pretty much stuck with little variation when pushing high tier dungeons?

I'm just glad I managed to drop corpse explosion from my build, I hated how that would black out the entire screen.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Ruins of Eridu.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Just play a Bone Spirit Necro, you won't ever have to worry about vulnerable or weakened if everything you do one-shots everything - bosses included.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Tiny Timbs posted:

Get hosed if you sacrifice your minions imo. You're no Necro.

I tried. The boys just can't hang in WT4.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

explosivo posted:

Do you get the gems back when you sell an item? I was under the impression you only got the gems back after dismantling so if I wanted to sell something with gems I've been taking them out manually. Would be nice if I didn't even have to do that.

You only get gems back when salvaging the items in which they're attached. I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure it doesn't cost anything to get the jeweler to remove a gem from an item.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

One good reason why Necro is the best I thought about just now is that I killed the Butcher in one hit in a tier 35 dungeon last night.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

There's so much insestial gear, it's sickening.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Dungeon density needs to be increased a lot. It doesn’t feel like Diablo when most of my nightmare dungeons consist of running for 20+ seconds without finding any elites.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Sab669 posted:

My favorite part of the World Events is how my screen is perpetually just a cloud of black smoke and I can't see a loving thing

I had to make my character outlined in options due to this.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

The monster density in the PVP zones is pretty nice, so there's something there worth getting even if you don't want to do PVP.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Is anyone keeping track of players pushing higher level nightmare dungeons? I'm curious to see how high they're able to get. It seems anything solo above the 50s is nuts.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

soscannonballs posted:

PSA if you are running nightmare dungeons and you have buddies that aren't strong enough to hang with you, you can invite them right before fighting the boss or clearing the last objective and they can get free glyph exp.

I wonder if folks are spamming trade for this very purpose. I haven't joined trade chat yet.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

I hope season 1 introduces a bounty system similar to D3 where we can fight the story bosses again.

Also bring back the cube so we have a reason to collect all these stupid gems!

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

BurningBeard posted:

There should be a way to replace a Helltide with it.

That would be awesome. Instead of hellfire raining down for that one boss, it's candy.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

SettingSun posted:

If all the dungeons somehow had uniform mob density and xp per hour players will still find the one dungeon that is the least painful to spam. It's a losing war.

This is fine if the normal dungeons are unified in xp/hr. They just need to make it more rewarding pushing higher level sigil nightmare dungeons!

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

soscannonballs posted:

Its not brain worms to want to run dungeons with the most amount of fun monsters to kill in the game about killing lots of monsters. The actual combat gameplay of the game is great and all these dungeon "fixes" are reducing the amount of time we spend doing the fun stuff.

Yeah, a lot of people just want to see a bunch of elite packs explode on the screen at once.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Pylons posted:

Anyone know if, when doing a whisper dungeon, if the whisper expires while you're in it, do you still get the grim favors?

Nope, gotta finish it before the time expires.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Kaldaris posted:

Then I looked at the aspects for the other classes. Why are so many of them so bad? There's far too many utility aspects in a game about pushing damage numbers, and far too many aspects that do next to nothing. The offensive aspects in particular are very disappointing for so many classes.

Most legendary aspects being poo poo isn't new to D4. Perhaps you notice it more since we don't have gear set items yet.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

I don’t miss having to wait every 20 seconds for Convention of Elements to loop around to my damage type.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

acumen posted:

what if there was a tier of equipment called "unique" and it could do unique things like give you a trail of frost when you walk, or make corpse explosion spawn a skeleton that runs at enemies, or completely change how you generate essence?

hosed up if true, op.

The only thing that sucks about uniques is that they take away from defensive affixes your gear may normally have so you'll never push high level nightmare dungeons with them.