Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: harrygomm, Astryl)

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

DLC Inc posted:

however small some of the buffs are, the fact that they went with the galaxy brain approach of "don't nerf the OP poo poo, buff the UnP stuff so more things can be fun" is a great sign. the worst balance trait for games is when devs kneejerk nerf everything instead of uplifting the weaker poo poo. probably will see more Basic/Core skill positive changes next month, for now it's pretty cool that this is the direction it's going.

I might be biased because im playing druid but very happy the werewolf stuff is being buffed up. looks like Fire spells for Sorc are gonna keep getting tweaked too.

iirc isn't that blizzard's typical way of balancing things? They try to buff the other stuff to make it more in line with the powerful thing, and only nerf when it's obviously too good. It feels bad when you sink in so many hours on a build only for it to get gimped and you're forced to play something you didn't want to. I'd love to try out frozen orb now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

im gonna spend another 50+ hours on this game, but i will complain the whole time!

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

WIFEY WATCHDOG posted:

Dude supported Jan 6…. Not sure he tells it like it is

i think they were joking

all streamers opinions are trash

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

i wish i could report low level necros who show up to leech the world boss and trap people with that bone wall

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

satanic splash-back posted:

Stop collecting stuff you'll never use and the stash problem stops existing

???

but what if i decide to respec to bow rogue if i get tired of twisted blade, you telling me those piles of aspects im saving for flurry and penetrating shot is worthless?

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

pork never goes bad posted:

The current situation where you pick up bad gear and manually look over every piece slot by slot for cdr (or whatever) before checking the other stats is pretty poo poo.

This is the part that is extremely poo poo and actively makes the game bad. Spending so much time doing this slows down the game considerably when most of the gear you're just going to throw away anyways, and there's no salvage all button or auto pickup. There are so many things in d4 that gets in the way of the player who is just trying to play and continue grinding, but this is the worst one imo.

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

You wouldn't want combo points for TB since inner sight just lets you spam TB, letting you do far more damage.

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

Cyrano4747 posted:

They're idiots if they think it's making the side quests irrelevant.

There are essentially two groups of gamers that they made two different games for:

The first are normal people who are going to buy the new Diablo game, play the campaign, enjoy it for what it is, and then leave because hey the next new shiny video game came out. They might come back when you release an expansion with more story stuff. The side missions are a ton of extra content for those people. If they roll a second character they'll probably play the campaign again because, hey, it's a fun story and that's what we're all here for! These people likely don't care about seasons at all and will never, ever, give even the tiniest of a poo poo about patch notes. No, not even the really bad ones with a million shocked youtuber face reaction videos.

The second are the ARPG dopamine addicts who begrudgingly played through the campaign once on their way to grinding monsters for end game loot for the next thousand hours. They give zero shits about the side quests because they're just a speed bump on the way to hitting max level and running the same dungeon a thousand times in a week in order to make their numbers go up. Seasons are the true game for them, and they have strong opinions about the lack of leaderboards. When you release patch notes they will pour over them for days looking for the new meta, and if they even suspect that you have made it more difficult for them to rush end game (or god help you nerfed their preferred build) they will immediately start a youtube channel or podcast or blog dedicated to why this is the worst thing to happen to gaming, ever.

And all that's fine. None of the story or side quests or any of that is wasted effort because that's how you get millions of normal people to buy the game. gently caress, I was at a dinner party a couple of months ago and a poo poo ton of pretty plain vanilla normal people were talking about playing Diablo. Not even "normal for gamers" just like typical 40 something parents who had to hire a babysitter to get out of the house for a night. And the rest of it is how you keep the rest of us weirdos hanging around for the next however many years

I get what you're saying but d4 is in that awkward spot where blizzard wants people to keep coming back and potentially spend more money on battlepasses. They're trying to sell a service so even normies who casually play need to be enticed enough to come back every 3 months. But the stuff they're doing to actually make it appealing don't seem to be working?

It's different from games like street fighter 6 where people play for maybe a week and then dip out since we all know the core game was made for people who will continue grinding it. But even then capcom is doing cool stuff like ninja turtles dlc, what's blizzard doing except trying to fix their base game which seems deeply broken

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Uh.. Do you have any support for like... Any of that?

you're right im sorry, battlepasses aren't a way to try and monetize the game after launch, totally baseless!

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

El Scandelouse posted:

The poster above said their game was deeply broken and they are scrambling to try and fix it. The game has issues, yes, but it isn’t “deeply broken”.

You're right that I was wrong to use hyperbole but it does seem like they actually are scrambling to fix glaring issues. When announcing season 1 they said fixes for things like resistances wouldn't be there until season 2. Feels really bad when they want people to even play season 1!

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

the assassin was more fun to play than the rogue imo

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

The different buckets are purposefully built in to increase build diversity, right? And we're locked into this design to reduce the reliance on specific drops, like in D3 builds get "turned on" due to specific items or set pieces?

I mean I'd also like them to just abstract it all away and make it all based on general damage and buffing specific spells/abilities so I don't have to play spreadsheet simulator when I go to salvage every 5 mins.

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

victrix posted:

lmao this can't be real

skill intensity for visual effects has been bugged since launch?

https://www.reddit.com/r/diablo4/comments/175rm9x/psa_skill_intensity_exists/

quote:

Some of the community will be irritated that I’m posting this but it’s been months of gatekeeping which is getting toxic at this point. It’s also pretty annoying watching some of you respond in discord and on here, acting oblivious even though you know better. The community complained and dwindled but you still wanted everyone to keep quiet about it. All just to keep flexing on a few casuals.

wtf is going on with this first paragraph on that post. like there's some poo poo bug but people have been super toxic about it????

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

Do you have to redo all the renown for new seasons again? I really did not like that about 4.

3 has problems but at least it lets you get to 70 pretty fast and doesn't need you to redo busywork for no reason.