Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

badjohny
Oct 6, 2005

This should be on the iPad with a charging stand too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

badjohny
Oct 6, 2005

incoherent posted:

give us the goofy goggles apple.

they are going to one more thing us.

badjohny
Oct 6, 2005

So AR, not full VR? And it has a cable attached.

badjohny
Oct 6, 2005

Hughmoris posted:

Wait. There isn't a display? Its see thru?

AR like the Microsoft halo thing.

badjohny
Oct 6, 2005

It could support all iOS apps as if they were on a huge screen floating in front of you? maybe huge movie screen to watch movies?

badjohny
Oct 6, 2005

I think it's pretty cool as a concept...but they haven't really shown any app that makes me want to buy it. All of this seems easier on a Mac/iPad.

where are there VR games?

badjohny
Oct 6, 2005

Rageaholic posted:

How many units is this loving thing going to sell?

Millions giving how I always seem to underestimate how much people will buy apple stuff. Myself included.

badjohny
Oct 6, 2005

Hughmoris posted:

You assholes better have SOMETHING for gaming

Didn't the No mans sky say he had a huge announcement that he couldn't say just yet?

badjohny
Oct 6, 2005

Astro7x posted:

wait... did he just say all day battery life without the battery pack, and 2 hours with? I can't rewind this thing. That makes no sense

You can plug it into a power outlet I would assume?

badjohny
Oct 6, 2005

bobfather posted:

Apple charge $800 for a Watch. This will be like 5k.

Remember they also had a $10k watch at first.

badjohny
Oct 6, 2005

buglord posted:

$3500 lmao

Starting at. Thats probably with no battery and first tier of storage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

badjohny
Oct 6, 2005

It starts at 3500. So that means the price goes up. It isn't going to even come with a battery for 3500.

They are obviously going to come out with a non pro version, so I was watching it again to see what they could cut out to make it cheaper. The first thing to go is the front facing eyeball screen. Other than looking creepy, it serves no purpose. They could remove the audio and make it use headphones. The hand control cameras could go and they could sub in a mouse/keyboard/gamepad.

I think I am in the same boat as a lot of people. I don't mind what this device is, but nothing they showed me said it is something that is needed. They needed to come out swinging with games, apps, and real world uses. Nobody is going to wear this around the house while they do day to day stuff and they use it when a face time call hits. They will plan on a FaceTime call and put it on. The stuff walking around the house doing normal things just blew my mind. Who did they talk to that said they would do this?