Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

Damn, this is good coffee.

Kirios posted:

Think of the absolute incredible living room setup you could buy for 3499.

$3499 is like a small sectional and a decent coffee table

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

Atoramos posted:

It's the price of 85-90" TVs, after tax

And the price of small, kinda decent furniture, as much as that sucks. All I’m saying is $3500 won’t leave you with much of a living room setup unless you’re okay with a folding chair and a big TV

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

So I’m understanding this correctly, when it shows your eyes on the exterior, it’s a video feed of your face, not a pass-through right? Just seems outrageously creepy to me

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

I mean, I think the headset is preposterously expensive and is going to fail. I just think comparing it to what you can get to outfit a living room is a weird way to frame it, again, unless you legitimately are just talking about TV screens

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

SourKraut posted:

Aren’t you the one that framed it that way?

And most people in the US can’t afford a $3,500 sectional and coffee table. They’re settling for the $500 sectional and $50 coffee table from Big Lots or Walmart.

No:

Kirios posted:

Think of the absolute incredible living room setup you could buy for 3499.

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

Matt Zerella posted:

I've called a lot of apple products stupid and bad and ended up liking them but the goggles are very dumb and I will never own a pair.

MBA15 is pretty nice though!

It’s quite nice, unfortunately I’m destitute from buying my Texas luxury condo and overpriced sofa and as such, I cannot afford it

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

Imagine how much more annoying it’ll be to type “ducking” when you’re pawing at air on a $3500 device

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

incoherent posted:

Now to break the hearts of executives that it "only supports one monitor".

Oh my GOD :mad: