Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

It's Pride month which is a month-long celebration of corporations changing their logos slightly and then receiving a bunch of weird threats or getting boycotted by dudes who film three hour videos in their cars

It's also when homosexuals and other types of people who can broadly be considered gay post threads on something awful, but there isn't one in gay old GBS for some reason

let's see some gbs pride. what's happening for pride where you are? how gay are you really

this is now the LGBSTQIA+ thread for the alphabet mafia to post about gay poo poo in

please do not post like an rear end in a top hat in this thread

if you want to talk about stuff relating to this thread DM me, unless it's about a probe which you got for posting like poo poo

Saint Isaias Boner fucked around with this message at 22:01 on Jun 30, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Booty Pageant posted:

jeffrey add the rainbows

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

im going to engage in the traditional pride activities of avoiding the pride march and being told im brave by day drunks

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

We usually check the parade out. Last year we put our dog in a nice dress

that's cute. i hung around near the parade last year but it was too packed to really be lots of fun. the trans pride march in london is more fun (it's smaller, mainly)

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

A Terrible Person posted:

Hopefully I don't gently caress this up, but here it goes:

I love all of my LGBTQ brothers, sisters, in-between, both, and neither on here. Y'all rock. Stay safe, stay strong, and stay proud.

Apologies in advance.

what that was just a nice thing to say. don't apologize or i;ll hit you

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

im proud to be back here, it smells like home (unwashed taint)

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

i live in england it mostly smells like that tbf

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

olives black posted:

Honest question: if I only consider myself to be about a Kinsey 1 in real life, do y'all actually want me marching somewhere in the parade or would I be helping more if I just handed out bottled water on the sidelines? Because aside from my ponytail I'm pretty sure I come across as straight in most situations.

you can literally do whatever the hell you want, pride month is about being gay and/or doing crimes

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

i can like sell you official permission to go in the pride march if you want

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

there's always honor in posting on main

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

well not really but it's ok

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

A Terrible Person posted:

I am swiftly realizing that this is exactly the sort of thing this forum/thread wants or expects,

I'm okay with being straight. Proud of my parents raising me well. Also proud of folks whose parents raised them well who aren't cis.

I don't understand the point of this thread as is... um... Wakka wakka?

well you see it is pride month and traditionally us homos like to mark that occasion by mentioning it in the places we are in

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

also lol at straight pride you've already got thanksgiving to christmas month

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

if i posted like absolute poo poo i'd be ashamed to do it here, where humans might see it

learn some posting shame if you can't figure out gay pride

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

teen witch posted:

big mean queer here

when did it all click for you?

i guess i just realized i was getting real old and hadn't done a single drat thing for myself my entire life lol. i knew i was trans since i was young though

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Mr.Acula posted:

I dont care if its a sin im just bursting with pride

drat do that somewhere else

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Foo Diddley posted:

for me it was a couple years ago when i almost died of heart failure, and i realized that if i'm ever going to live as myself, i don't have forever to get around to it. but it's all good, i'm out now and they'll put the right name on my tombstone

i kind of want to get a pride flag but i'm not sure about it, for the same reasons as you. i promise tho, if i do, i will iron that motherfucker before i put it up. so tired of seeing pride flags all creased up like they just took them out of the package that day

the creases are what makes it a pride flag just leave em in

also :hfive: near death experience buddy, mine came when my skull kinda exploded and i saw my hospital notes and they had "gender dysphoria: unresolved" written as a pre-existing condition on them. really made me think

Saint Isaias Boner fucked around with this message at 23:39 on Jun 7, 2023

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Solefald posted:

Everyone rec your fav LGBTQ+ media
I wanna watch a lot of gay stuff.

Priscilla Queen of the Desert unironically rules and stars Hugo Weaving, it's a fun road trip movie about two drag queens and a trans woman driving across mid 90s Australia which is a bit like mid 50s anywhere else lol

Dredd (2012) is about an asexual dude locked inside a gangbang

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

also Alice Jr, a movie about a trans teenager in Brazil. it's fun despite hitting some Themes

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Gravid Topiary posted:

"Go West" by the Pet Shop boys is the anthem to be played when we push the straights into the sea

Very was the first casette i ever owned, Go West is an absolute banger

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

hidden tracks on casettes used to rule coz they were actually hidden

e: im old

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

low poly rat posted:

happy pride!

still too scared to call myself trans though because what if i'm secretly faking it?!? slowly trying to get people to use they/them for me, which even with my supportive family is an uphill battle.

eh you're not taking anything from anyone if you wanna call yourself trans. also, if you want to call yourself trans, you're not faking it

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

I knew I was trans by the time I was 8, long before I was interested in kissing anyone. didn't stop the other kids figuring it out even earlier, or calling me a fag a whole lot

just support your kid ig, sounds like you're doing great

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

dee eight posted:

when my daughter said she was moving in with her boyfriend i said wait a minute, i thought you liked boobies? she said yeah i still like boobies. then we high fived and said HELL YEAH BOOBIES!

glad you're enjoying this thread

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

please do not probe this poster

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

getting drunk and posting like poo poo once in a while is just how gbs is, don't sweat it

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

I will also be pretty mean to anyone who is a poo poo in this thread, it'll be terrible

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

I went to a picnic today with my girlfriend and some other friends and it was good to be able to do that personally instead of pretending to be someone I wasn't

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

for straight allies: pride is for everyone, you can buy pride merch and festoon yourself with rainbows and donate to gay charities and attend the pride parades and post in threads like this to say that you're glad the alphabet mafia is still running the place, it's all good.

there's some events and spaces that are *for* asexual people or trans people or gay people or whatever, and going there and taking up space is bad. usually any event that is like this will be pretty explicit about it, so if you can read you'll be cool

also some of us don't super appreciate people coming up to us in person to tell us how good an ally they are or otherwise centering themselves especially in things that are nominally for us. if you show up to something like a trans rights protest or are being cool at a party then you're already at maximum ally, you don't need to be formally blessed by a queer as well

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Awkward Davies posted:

Every year pride happens and I wonder if I should like, come out, as a bi man. But I'm in a cishet marriage and honestly who cares, so I don't. But then yesterday I was at a queer zine workshop so I made a coming out zine.

Which feels like an incredibly cliche thing to do, but hey. Happy pride.

heh zine workshops are how we get ya

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

aniviron posted:

Saw a quote like 20 years ago that stuck with me, went something like, "The trouble with being a gay kid is that you're born into a straight family." and while this isn't strictly speaking true 100% of the time it's broadly the case. I got super lucky, my parents kick rear end and love me very much and already didn't vote for the team that wants to put me & my loved ones into camps. Most of my friends were not so lucky; I still talk to some people who I met when I was first coming to grips with myself, and their parents sent them to gay camps and whatnot. One got prescribed a bunch of meds that he did not need which hosed him up in a way that continues to this day.

Being a teenager is hard enough without that poo poo, I hate that kids have to go through that.

i knew as a kid that it would be a horrible idea to come out to my parents and when i was an adult and did that it turned out to be a horrible idea. they make all the supportive noises, for other queer people, and vote for the good team (only mildly transphobic instead of rabidly transphobic). i'd rather they voted for monsters but were nice to me

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

buuuut that is selfish and im old now and don't need them anymore so who cares

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

iHaveNoImagination posted:

I’ve been straight for most of my life unfortunately. I was born straight but my parents tried to raise me gay and when I came out as straight it was such a hard choice.

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

I just picked it because it said gay in it

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

Ladies are cold the lads are warm

couldn't disagree more but i am bound by treaty to tolerate your opinion during the month of june

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

its just kylie again

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Gorgeous Zan posted:

Is the pride thread going to go away when pride is over :smith:

yeah but there will be other gay threads on this dead gay forum

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Coffee Jones posted:

I’m ace, where’s MY parade?

its the same drat parade

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

i swear i saw some ace flags in the london trans pride march last year

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

buglord posted:

Is there a LGBT thread specific to gbs? I don’t really recall one which is why I like this one so much.

yeah I was just gonna make one if no one else did

CaptainSarcastic posted:

I don't think so, at least not that I can recall. Maybe we should just keep this one running indefinitely? We got a couple weeks left of June, if nothing else.

but also a mod could just rename the thread at the end of the month and keep it going, either or