Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

You are supposed to put a funny subtitle to the thread, that's just how it works! I propose Voidigo: LSD simulator roguelite

About the game itself, I would like to know what is the point of the weapon, powerups and boss essences you get. It seems they contribute to unlock... something. But do I have to wait until ALL is collected?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

I like the challenge system, there is a nice amount of modifiers that can apply.

I unlocked first the professor and he was pain to use, it allows for some 'safe' encounters as his drone is what it fires, but it gives you another element you have to track on screen and take in account. I also unlocked the thing with the extensible arm. I will try to unlock the plant later.

What I don't like of the game is that the final boss is the typical over-tuned game difficulty spike. I can beat the first three worlds and their bosses without issue, getting ot the fourth world with max health, on Moderate difficulty. Then the final boss appears and owns me. He is much harder than the rest of content of the game.
Another thing where I'm more... divided in what to think of it, it's the entire super busy visual clutter the game have. It can get real confusing in the middle of combat, with enemies doing their thing, particle effects, weapons, aoe effects going on, etc; on the other hand it's part of the charm of the game, the unique visual identity.

Turin Turambar fucked around with this message at 08:58 on Jun 14, 2023

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

Broken Cog posted:

Ok, if you want a free win, just grab and upgrade every beacon powerup you see, then fight bosses next to one.

Also, if you knock a boss into phase 2 next to a beacon, it seems to break it, and leave an anti-void themed item behind.

Don't underestimate my ability to lose even in those conditions!

i have unlocked now the extra content for each area, it's nice to have some new enemies and bosses.

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

parthenocarpy posted:

They spent waaaayyy too much time on animations for the level of content.

From the roguelike thread:

goferchan posted:

It's made by an animator-turned-game-designer and not the other way around, so that makes sense

So it makes sense!