Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

i am a moron
Nov 12, 2020

"I think if there’s one thing we can all agree on it’s that Penn State and Michigan both suck and are garbage and it’s hilarious Michigan fans are freaking out thinking this is their natty window when they can’t even beat a B12 team in the playoffs lmao"

Ghost Dog posted:

for your all star i would like to trade several of the worst players in the league but fear not. i wrote 1st next to their names so its like getting a draft pick

Lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i am a moron
Nov 12, 2020

"I think if there’s one thing we can all agree on it’s that Penn State and Michigan both suck and are garbage and it’s hilarious Michigan fans are freaking out thinking this is their natty window when they can’t even beat a B12 team in the playoffs lmao"
You don’t win championships as the record breaking centerpiece if you don’t care. Jokic is a big funny dude and ha ha at him being a regular joe about work but being seven foot doesn’t guarantee NBA success, the dude sees the court and has moves that require a metric fuckton of practice and I just don’t see how that happens if you’re approaching your job like a random office goon.

i am a moron
Nov 12, 2020

AD literally did everything but block it and he still drained a step back one legged three lmao

i am a moron
Nov 12, 2020

Is this a negotiated deal or is the union going to get involved now?

i am a moron
Nov 12, 2020

Settle down beavis

i am a moron
Nov 12, 2020

Dexo posted:

lmao, yeah, they have to say that.

They are gonna talk to Ja, then talk to the League office, and I would be shocked if it's mentioned again.

It would be cosmically dumb for them to actually fight this more than the baseline union duty of this questioning of the process and making sure it's above board. As "unstated conditions" are kinda bullshit.

Because if the League like actually lays out facts publicly, Ja is not gonna come out looking good, and no one on any side wants that.

loving laffo if they do though. Ja's people would be like insanely stupid to keep this in the news by challenging it, and it sounds like he has no intention of actually doing so judging by his statement.

Nah I think they’re going to absolutely challenge it, it’s why I was asking if it was negotiated. If not there’s no way the NBAPA decides this is the moment they don’t wield their power

i am a moron
Nov 12, 2020

verbal enema posted:

Again wishing I cared about bball when I was younger

Jokic is an inspiration to goons

i am a moron
Nov 12, 2020

Holy poo poo I thought that tweet said Marcus smart to the wizards and I have to see that happen now

i am a moron
Nov 12, 2020

Paul Zuvella posted:

Naw something tells me bostons going to love him

Lmao soooo gritty and cerebral (like that fawkin guy from good will hunting)

i am a moron
Nov 12, 2020

Rick posted:

I'd rather have Brogdon than Porizingis although I guess Boston doesn't actually need a point guard since Tatum/Brown/Smart handle hte ball 90% of the time anyway.

I think they’d be better off with a real point guard. Those dudes looked lost vs Miami at times

i am a moron
Nov 12, 2020

kingcobweb posted:

I think it makes sense if you think about a Boston roster that's going to win the East and play against Denver in the Finals. You have to be an enormous team to match up vs MPJ/Gordon/Jokic in the front court, and Tatum/KP/Robert Williams does that. It lets Boston put KP on Jokic and have Williams roam weakside off AG.

We’re worried about Kristaps Porzingis’s defense this series

- no coach ever

i am a moron
Nov 12, 2020

It should be illegal for them to force Smart on that many NBA viewers, he should be arrested every time he shoots a 3

i am a moron
Nov 12, 2020

Grizzlies are dead to me as my 2nd favorite team in the west. Good move for Boston, addition by subtraction. Marcus smart is terrible

i am a moron
Nov 12, 2020

Not a thing in the NBA. Closest you can get is a buyout but that’s not the same thing

i am a moron
Nov 12, 2020

Any offensive possession that ends in Smart trying to score is a bad one and yet you watch him play and you can be sure he doesn’t know that. His defense is fine but it’s not going to move the needle for Memphis.

i am a moron
Nov 12, 2020

That’s uh…. Well that’s a trade. I don’t see how that helps the warriors at all. Or the wizards for that matter

i am a moron
Nov 12, 2020

Aye Doc posted:

golden state is winning a championship next year. grats foochs

All the Warriors were missing during that LA series was Crisp Haul

*borat voice* not

i am a moron
Nov 12, 2020

Aye Doc posted:

losing poole on its own is +2 wins value over a 7 game series

Yea and you replaced him with a short 40 year old with an unclear fit who’s going to wipe those gains out

i am a moron
Nov 12, 2020

soggybagel posted:

Does golden state have the most powerful dick punching team ever assembled?

CP3 and Dray are going to simultaneously punch each other in the dick during practice, creating a douchebag singularity that swallows all of the west coast

i am a moron
Nov 12, 2020

The warriors after getting their asses beat by a lovely Lakers team that was p much just taller and they already have a better PG than Chris Paul:

Let’s get smaller edit: and older

i am a moron
Nov 12, 2020

Vox Nihili posted:

I suspect that it's more about getting rid of Poole than acquiring CP3. He's on an expiring contract.

Yea I just realized his contract isn’t guaranteed next year. Still gently caress the warriors and everything they do

i am a moron
Nov 12, 2020

Metapod posted:

Yeah they'll make the playin now that's big for them

Lmfao

i am a moron
Nov 12, 2020

They’re bad unfunny posts from a guy who made a funny post once on SA and never let it go

i am a moron
Nov 12, 2020

But enough about my posting career

i am a moron
Nov 12, 2020

snyprmag posted:

Watch Chris win a loving ring

:wow:

i am a moron
Nov 12, 2020

Is Siakim a star or just the best player on their roster right now

i am a moron
Nov 12, 2020

Hand Knit posted:

I don't know where star begins and ends but he was the #2 option on the championship team and has been all-nba 2nd and 3rd team once each so he's at least decent.

He’s very good for sure, I’m more talking about his marketability and… stariness? I feel like Kawhi’s the only ‘star’ Torontos has recently, Derozan and Lowry were also in that very good tier but never felt like they got star level attention either

i am a moron
Nov 12, 2020

People who sports bet are degenerate idiots but betting on a draft is in the realm of betting on golf. You’d have to be a loving idiot and getting mad is useless, you have no one but yourself to blame for your lost money

i am a moron
Nov 12, 2020

Would’ve netted you a cool 50 cents too

i am a moron
Nov 12, 2020

Ty for posting these on a public Internet forum where I can steal these podcast names for my upcoming nba podcast

i am a moron
Nov 12, 2020

DJ_Mindboggler posted:

It's sinking in that the only way for the Warriors to win next season is for Chris Paul to remain healthy,

Jesus Christ, is this karma?

There’s an equally good chance the Warriors are going to need him to be injured because he’s 40 and might just straight up not be good anymore

i am a moron
Nov 12, 2020

Who broke the Suns group BJ story they gotta be the most plugged in

i am a moron
Nov 12, 2020

R.D. Mangles posted:

mildly annoying how when someone talks about "shooting" they are exclusively talking about threes.

At least until we get the Suns BJ lady her own podcast

i am a moron
Nov 12, 2020

That would be an extremely Brooklyn trade they love buying as high as humanly possible on stars that won’t help them move the needle

i am a moron
Nov 12, 2020

The Warriors looked absolutely hosed up in the playoffs last year regardless of who was playing. CP3 isn’t going to change that

i am a moron
Nov 12, 2020

Strawberry Panda posted:

I can't imagine you'd go from having Kyrie, Harden and Durant, not being able to win anything with them, trading them all, then thinking Dame will get you closer to winning a championship.

Don’t forget trading for the entire Boston Big 3, doing gently caress all with that, then getting an exciting young core and dumping it again for the quoted team.

Really not sure how or why anyone would follow or care about Brooklyn. Would legit be better for everyone if they became the swamp donkeys or whatever and went back to NJ and embraced their stank as a franchise

i am a moron
Nov 12, 2020

No thanks I prefer parity unless this is going to turn into soccer club style sports poo poo before it all got gobbled up by authoritarians and the Glazers

Edit: and the players should get paid more but I’m not convinced a more free market system is going to result in the players getting more BRI

i am a moron
Nov 12, 2020

It’s mostly the result of roster spots/talent scarcity though. I would hate if it got titled even more to superteams with huge budgets

i am a moron
Nov 12, 2020

Take the Warriors. They are not a traditional powerhouse, like at all. Yea they’re a dynasty now but their FO is a bunch of fart huffers who got lucky. When that dynasty is over they’re going to get as much attention as the Spurs post Duncan and pre Wemby

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i am a moron
Nov 12, 2020

Hell the loving Cavs, Bucks, Dallas, Heat, Denver, Detroit in the 2000’s, Milwaukee, all these teams. NBA rules why the hell would you want to see NY and LA every year

Edit: Chicago, Houston, list just keeps going. gently caress Boston too btw