Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

b mad at me
Jan 25, 2017
Raley's switched from Impossible Burger to Beyond Burger

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

b mad at me
Jan 25, 2017

evobatman posted:

Made a Mint installer yesterday after the wallpaper incident. On one of my laptops it booted just fine, but even after updating it had screen tearing when scrolling in Firefox on the most milquetoast common three year old Intel graphics in the world, so that's a nope since all I do all day is scroll the forums. On another laptop it wouldn't boot either in normal or compatibility mode but just kernel panicked straight away.

Thus ends my bidecadal attempt at running linux on the desktop.

I think you're trying too hard. Use Ubuntu and it will work.

b mad at me
Jan 25, 2017

His Divine Shadow posted:

I use Debian on a VM from time to time and I think it's worked out pretty well. I like Debian, it's old like me.

I'm considering the move to full time linux at the moment. I need to research more into WINE, my dependence on windows apps has decreased over time (Fusion 360 is still the main issue though things are advancing on that front) and how running a windows VM from a linux machine works out since I think that might be needed now and then.

I highly recommend Ubuntu, especially if you want to port from Windows.

b mad at me
Jan 25, 2017

big mean giraffe posted:

What's Raleys?

The California equivalent of HEB

Although nowhere near as good

b mad at me
Jan 25, 2017

big mean giraffe posted:

Pretty low bar (HEB is mid and I'm tired of pretending it's not just because Texas people refuse to shut up about it)

your opinion is valid, and I don't "refuse to shut up about it"

b mad at me
Jan 25, 2017

Houle posted:

Oreo McFlurries kind of suck now. McDonald's ice cream used to taste vanilla like, now it tastes like Wendy's frosties. That is to say, it is less flavourful than if I just left a cup of milk in my car during the winter.

How nearly all reviewer sites are just paid fake content.

How so many kids want freelance marketing hype-man to be their career, but calling it 'influencer'.

Reddit killing Joey (third party apps)

There's no fireflies where I live anymore.

There's no deer where I live anymore (though this may be a blessing considering wasting disease is spreading to basically everywhere )

I think these questions deserve answers.

b mad at me
Jan 25, 2017

pencilhands posted:

I used to type the known word then a slur to mess with the AI

why would you do that?

because you're just such a rebel?

You just are so yourself?

you are so disrupting the system omg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

b mad at me
Jan 25, 2017

Time_pants posted:

I was never this sort of person growing up, but I make a point of flipping off the surveillance camera whenever I use self-checkout. Here I am, trying to pay for poo poo, and they're taking what is essentially a contingency mugshot.