Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

forkboy84 posted:

5pm JST/6pm AEST/9am BST/4am EST/1am PST

Pro Wrestling NOAH Green Journey 2023 in Nagoya
Aichi International Conference Centre Event Hall, Nagoya
Alejandro, Mohammed Yone & Taishi Ozawa vs Akitoshi Saito, Seiki Yoshioka & Stallion Rogers
Hajime Ohara vs Hi69
AMAKUSA, Kaito Kiyomiya & Super Crazy vs El Hijo del Dr Wagner Jr, Kai Fujimura & Yoshinari Ogawa
Hideki Suzuki vs Shuhei Taniguchi
Atsushi Kotoge & Daiki Inaba vs Eita & Naomichi Marufuji
Chris Ridgeway, Daga & Sean Legacy vs GLG (Jack Morris, Tadasuke & YO-HEY)
AXIZ (Go Shiozaki & katsuhiko Nakajima) vs Kongo (Kenoh & Manabu Soya)
GHC Junior Heavyweight Title: HAYATA(c) vs Dante Leon
GHC Tag Team Titles: Sugiuragun (Saxon Huxley & Timothy Thatcher)(c) vs THE TOUGH (Masa Kitamiya & Yoshiki Inamura)
GHC Heavyweight Title: Jake Lee(c) vs Takashi Sugiura
Live on Wrestle Universe

Sugi about to fight Castlevania Test.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Shame most of this show is going up against New Japan, but it's nice to be watching live NOAH again for a change.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

I do love these Noah opening matches that consist of a couple of the best juniors in the world, a sprinkling of American indie talent, and a couple of Dads. Oh, and Big Young Boy.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Don't take any bullshit from the false king, Yone!

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Ozawa is pretty impressive here. Solid frame and a beautiful dropkick.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

True Noah innovation is giving someone a gauntlet series and having them lose match 1.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Feels crazy that Kiyomiya is so low on this card, but I guess they can't really be doing anything with him with the G1 coming up so soon. Also because they're really bad at doing anything with him.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Lamuella posted:

True Noah innovation is giving someone a gauntlet series and having them lose match 1.

To be fair to FlairNOAH, New Japan tried a similar thing with Kitamura in what was supposed to be the kickstart to his excursion/graduation by putting him into a "Trial" series of 7 matches which he lost 6 of (and the 7th never happened), and they managed to make it pretty interesting until things basically fell apart for other reasons.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Jerusalem posted:

Feels crazy that Kiyomiya is so low on this card, but I guess they can't really be doing anything with him with the G1 coming up so soon. Also because they're really bad at doing anything with him.

People want to love him so much, and Noah give them so few opportunities.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Lamuella posted:

People want to love him so much, and Noah give them so few opportunities.

I mean it in all sincerity, but it takes a special kind of somebody to get a fan to actually jump into the ring to beg him to please get booked better.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Amakusa is a lot of fun.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Despite making a thread for this it's not holding my attention. Sorry, Noah.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Lamuella posted:

Despite making a thread for this it's not holding my attention. Sorry, Noah.

The best matches are probably all gonna be happening at the same time as the top matches on New Japan, and unfortunately New Japan is always gonna win that contest.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Shiozaki let himself get talked into a war where he can only throw chops but Kenoh is allowed to use kicks. Ow.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

You will be SHOCKED to learn folks that Kenoh has developed a grudge against another wrestler!

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Dante Leon would have been great in 1996 ECW in that he's composed of a mixture of lumberjack shirts and tie dye.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Well the Sugiura/Lee match was perfectly fine but there's still just something that isn't working for me with Lee as champion. I like the idea of him aiming to win the N1 as Champion at least.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Catching up with a couple of matches and it's so jarring how quiet the NOAH crowds are compared to their contemporaries. Feel like if a New or All Japan crowd was seeing AXIZ vs Kongoh they'd be going wild

e: Thought the main was pretty good but still not feeling the FBS as Lee's finisher. It's a step down from his Giant Killing knee which wasn't fantastic to begin with

SG Bamboo fucked around with this message at 07:00 on Jun 18, 2023