Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm
That sounds incoherent enough to be one of the articles he wrote himself before he just ChatGPT’d the rest of them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm
I don’t think he’s techie enough to get into AI. He “wrote” some articles that were clearly generated (the grammar was far too good) but that’s as close as he’s gotten AFAIK.

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm
Are we positive that account is from Nathen and not some weird “fan” account?

Wait, didn’t he commission someone to design Nathfield? Did somebody get paid to make that comic?

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm
Unfortunately I’m pretty sure we all know who he means by “they”

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm
It’s quite simple, straightforward, and unambiguous actually, here’s a copy-n-paste from the website:

quote:

Egeez (cough) is the world’s 1st licensing marketplace to protect the studios
See? Simple!

Yes, the “(cough)” is originally in there, which I choose to interpret in the funniest way which is that Nathen created all the text with voice transcription.

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm
I don’t know how anybody can be confused; the value proposition of Egeez is crystal clear

quote:

Egeez App is a tech-driven and entergaging Quick Mobile Licensing (QML) marketplace for licensed products intelligently geo-located according to licensed territories granted by top Hollywood studios to licensees to help boost maximum merch visibility.

Egeez protects both - fans from
counterfeits merch and licensors from
trademark infringements.

The blue focus is to build a magical
trusted place for verified licensed
products worldwide.

Are you saying you don’t want to be blue focused on a magical trusted place for verified licensed products worldwide???

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm

Frank Frank posted:

Also lol that the sole reply to Nathen's weirdo misogynistic rant on Twitter is a person who replied "Grafeld" and nothing else.

E: And by "rant" I mean his entire string of posts has zero retweets and one reply

There are more replies now

https://twitter.com/WilburWurthless/status/1673844743913046019?s=20

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm
Usually when Nathen is circling the drain like this and teetering on the edge of not being worth paying attention to he’ll whip out some new half baked idea. Here’s hoping

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm
“GarfieldEats for HumanKind”

Is he donating the auction profits? Is it to The Human Fund?

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm
I, too, love accepting solicited material required for innovation and open entry for new talents building proximity

No seriously, what in the gently caress is that supposed to mean? They won’t get paid?

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm
Isn’t this technically counterfeit merchandise? No way he still has a license for anything. I guess he can’t list it on eGeez!!!!!

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm
Shipping is only a problem if he sells any

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm

MassRafTer posted:

His stories today are confusing even for Nathen. I think he is trying to say that thanks to MbS making Saudi Arabia Great Again his book is out of date so he is recalling it and taking back everything back he said about Saudi Arabia because he loves it so much. He did this over like a dozen stories so it feels pointless to just upload them all.

What a loving loser

Of course he would dismantle his one project that he actually completed. Worshipping MbS is totally on-brand and just furthers his slide into mediocrity that’s not worth paying attention to.

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm

Frank Frank posted:

Yeah he had Nick Cave pegged to do the soundtrack for one of his movie projects at one point. Obv without Nick Cave’s knowledge of course

Wasn’t he building a shrine to him in his apartment or something equally bizarre?

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm
I think these are reviews for Garfield Eats aka Garfild Bor which is a different restaurant than Garfield 2023: https://restaurantguru.com/Garfield-Eats-Bor-2

Looking at nearby places there appears to be a Pink Panther restaurant too?? Wild times in Serbia

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm
Garfild Bor (I believe Bor is a town BTW) certainly seems to be living up to the GarfieldEats standard though:

quote:

5/5 stars
I travelled all the way from Germany to get a bite of this Garfield Eats, and I LOVED IT, The Staff was Nice, The Food was Great, Id be delighted to eat there again 10/10

quote:

1/5 stars
Today I bought a kulen sandwich, the kulen was rancid, you buy a pizza and your stomach hurts after it, the same story with the gyros, it's full of bones and skin and greasy food, a clean score of 0. Meanwhile, the owner is raising prices day by day, I don't have words, GO AROUND IN VELIKA LUKU!!!

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm
This guy is such a loser. How many years ago did this restaurant shut down? Has it been closed longer than it was open at this point?

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm
He hit the cat during a drunken stupor (during the pandemic lockdown IIRC), which I think prompted him to cut back on drinking. I think it was shortly thereafter we stopped hearing about it so I assume he gave it away although I don’t remember if he said anything about that.

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm
“GarfieldEATS penthouse?”

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm

Duckman2008 posted:

It’s “Ig Eeez” and really dumb.

It’s this.

No, I have no idea how eGeez becomes “iggies” either

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm
How DARE they make a movie and not consider the official ex-licensee demographic. Movie making 101 on here, come on you clowns

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm
I cannot tell wtf that’s supposed to be, and it’s paywalled behind something called ChatGPT Plus

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm
Nobody in the history of mankind has ever thought “gee, I wish I was eating some delicious Disney’s ™ Winnie the Pooh waffles right now”

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm

JAnon posted:

also I found this article from another licensing industry website, written earlier in the month
https://www.licensingmagazine.com/2020/10/08/egeez-the-first-tech-driver-e-commerce-site/

quote:

Egeez’s have Happiness Account Managers in every continent today onboarding official licensed products around the clock from North America to India, Europe, Asia and Middle East

uhuh

I also like that the totally awesome quote from the esteemed License Global Magazine is just one of Nathen’s fever dreams he told them.

“Nathen said it would be awesome”
- License R Us

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm
Mastermind #Toys

That’s like Garfield #Eats

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm

Frank Frank posted:

E: Totally unrelated question I don't know where to ask: My kid is really into Legend of Zelda and she wants to play Wind Waker and Twilight Princess. The only way I know how to play those two games is on Gamecube. Where can I buy a refurbished gamecube that isn't from some ripoff/scam like DKoldies?

Both those have HD versions on the Wii U. No idea where to buy one

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm

deep dish peat moss posted:

I was thinking about this the other day and I'm pretty sure the vast majority of his views come from this thread.

Aren’t there some Reddit people that also stalk follow him? What about all the SA reject forums like kiwifarms or uh that other one that I don’t remember the name of

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm

Desert Bus posted:

I just scrolled through too much to try and find the video of Nathan making out with Garfield. Pretend I found it and posted it here.

I’m trying my hardest not to

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm

LvK posted:

I don't know if we've covered this one or not but

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tIVpFLDPdbY

eGeez news show, hosted by the 2x Guinness World Record holder for world's largest Funko Pop collection

I skipped around a bit but this is absolutely abysmal. The sound quality is atrocious and it’s somehow not synced properly. The actual content is a bunch of licensing bullshit that only Nathen pretends to care about.

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm

quote:

As of 2022, Nathen embarked on a new disruptive first-mover and start-up, Egeez Technologies, aiming to connect millions of fans with verified global manufacturing licensees of major entertainment properties (Pokémon, Mickey Mouse, Spider Man, One Piece, etc.) directly, at lower prices

This is the first time I can recall hearing that Egeez (commit to a single way of capitalizing it Nathen!!!) is supposed to lower prices. I guess through the magic power of being a middleman leech?

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm
Still mystified how Egeez is supposed to save anybody money

The only possible way I can think of is if you consider buying unlicensed merchandise an extra cost - “oh no, this is a COUNTERFEIT Mickey Mouse backpack!!! I must burn it immediately to protect THE BRAND”

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm

Frank Frank posted:

I could have sworn we found the source of Nathen’s boxed lasagna and it was some company making curry-flavored lasagna with orange sauce. Am I imagining that?

No, I remember somebody digging up the original manufacturers website. The Bog Cow Lasagna was just a different label. (Edit: I’m leaving the autocorrect error)

Which leaves recipes for… Garfaccinos and terrible pizza? I remember Nathen being super proud about some recipe he concocted over months with the help of expert chefs - I think that was the orange pizza sauce?

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm

This might be the most pathetic thing I’ve seen Nathen do

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm

MassRafTer posted:

He's finally found himself something that gets the tiniest bit of entergagement.

https://twitter.com/GarfieldEATSco/status/1743230728588947714

Pretty big “if” though

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm
lol he found a random recipe GIF for a watered-down mixed drink (utterly unrelated to his failed restaurant) and included it in his tweet because It’s Orange

What a buffoon

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm

MrQwerty posted:

he keeps saying real recipe in a raw file

are you paying $50 for a .txt file of a lasagna recipe? not even a .doc with some fonts and style formatting?

I think he mentioned Word in the first announcement, that’s his definition of “raw” (as opposed to PDF I guess?)

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm

Kevin DuBrow posted:

That pose feels familiar, is he imitating a famous photo portrait? Like of David Bowie or Johnny Cash or something?

This is the album the UPC belongs to

Nathen is too vain to hide his face though

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm
So where is the orange sauce that he spent a year working on with an expert chef or whatever????

Also adding a bit of carrots to tomato sauce is totally valid; canned tomatoes lose their sweetness so you need to add it back somehow. Cheap-rear end sauces just use sugar.

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm

Busters posted:

It's the first recipe posted. The "secret sauce" is Tapenade with some herbs and vegetables added.

My point is how the hell does that list of ingredients make an orange sauce? From reading the recipes this is what goes into it:

* Tomato puree
* White onions
* Garlic
* Shallots
* Basil
* Truffle oil
* Green olives
* Caper seeds
* Olive oil
* Minced garlic

This nebulous step claims it becomes orange: “Turn off the heat and give it a nice blender to get the Garfield Orange color for the final aroma.”

How!? How does that turn orange? Is “Garfield Orange” a separate ingredient he didn’t include anywhere?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm
Maybe these were the recipes from the Dubai store that served as the basis for Toronto but then got updated along the way. It is completely in character that Nathen would have lost the updated recipes and/or the kitchen was utterly unorganized.