Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Busters
Jan 24, 2014

Garfield Eats crashed and burned. There's a dozen youtubers who have all done dives on it, and even eaten the food.

However, as a rich, out of touch manchild Nathan Mazri will not be stopped, and has launched his newest IP: ScoobyEats, with you guessed it, Scoob Doo.
Allegedly some of the lasagna being sold by the cartoon dog is the same deep frozen pre-made pasta that belonged to the cartoon cat, re-awakend from it's cryogenic slumber

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Busters
Jan 24, 2014

Frank Frank posted:

Covered in the OP. Also ScoobyEats has also already gone the way of the dodo. Sorry for your loss.

Rip Hungry Cartoon dog.

I guess all that is left is to dig into whatever bullshit he put into his self published "Arabiolosis". Judging from his twitter, its probably all fake-self help b.s. with a smattering of right wing bootstrap pulling. Pretty rich coming from an silverspoon heir.

I kinda think this guy has it in him to give a run at being a poor man's Andrew Tate.

Busters
Jan 24, 2014

Frank Frank posted:

Nathen has nothing in common with Tate aside from money.

He's been posting a lot about being a self made man and "waking up people". Pretty sure he's at least dipping his toe into some "red pill" man-o-sphere poo poo

Also this:

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

That's Garfield. Nathen loves calling women on instagram whores in Arabic.

Busters
Jan 24, 2014

This is why I saw saying stuff about him trying to be the next Andrew Tate. The dude wishes he was an influencer. He's one step away from talking about "escaping the matrix"

Busters
Jan 24, 2014

Maybe his pizzas would have tasted better with some adrenochrome in it.

Busters
Jan 24, 2014

mediaphage posted:

hes also got a garfield phone and this monstrosity up at auction:

which you know he hosed

I picked up one of those vintage Garfield phones at an antique shop for about $30. They're not rare or valuable.

Busters
Jan 24, 2014

I see a lot of parallels between Nathan and Musk. Thank God Nathan doesn't have Musk money. But it's the same flavor of manboy obsession on top of having enough money to make really poor decisions while stil maintaining a facade of "success" and "entrepreneurship".

It smells like Odie's mouth.

Busters
Jan 24, 2014

Gildiss posted:

Egeez works like Tinder.

Because it's constantly being rejected and all about unappealing desperate men/man?

Also, I think "entrepreneurship" might be my least favorite word in the English language. Maybe "entrepreneurial" is worse, but any variant of that word is just an immediate red flag to me that the person using it is full of horse poo poo.

Busters fucked around with this message at 23:58 on Sep 29, 2023

Busters
Jan 24, 2014

It's a good thing AI isn't self aware, or it would probably make fun of Nathen for his requests.

This is actually a great case as to why AI articles are no substitute for the real thing, because as per Nathen's instructions: the AI thinks Egeez is: 1. Real 2. Has products to sell and 3. Has agreements with distributors and the border patrol.

And it's not as if he's telling it to lie, it just can't fact check or be non-complaint. If you tell it to find the three Garfield strips that ran in 2017 where Garfield visits his best friend, Nathen at a Garfield's Eats Restaurant and INSIST those strips are real, it will fabricate them for you.

And then you can get Stable Diffusion to make those Garfield strips for you.

Busters
Jan 24, 2014

I swear to god his "Anti-AI Avatar" is using the body from a female pokemon go avatar.

Busters
Jan 24, 2014

LordArgh posted:

I think it's pretty obvious he has some kind of diagnosable mental illness

Rampant narcissism.

Not exactly pitiable.

Kro-Bar posted:

Rob Schneider came into a restaurant I work at earlier in the year with Adam Sandler and Kevin James and apparently Rob tried to be a real snob about ordering wine and sent back the first two bottles he ordered like a dick until Sandler shut him down with a "Just stick with a fuckin' bottle, ya jackass." and he tucked his tail between his legs and shut up.

And that restaurant was Garfield Eats

Busters
Jan 24, 2014

I imagine the hypothetical journalist who may or may not have interviewed Nathen is stuck with the dilemma of knowing that almost anything the publish about him will expose how embarrassing disconnected from reality he is -OR- you can workshop the article to hell and to cover for him, but then everyone knows you're full of it.

On top of that, Nathen is eagerly waiting for the article, and has your contact info. He's the kind of guy who will immediately call for a hundred changes or "corrections" because the article isn't exactly how he'd want it.

Busters
Jan 24, 2014

https://twitter.com/nathenmazri/status/1711411517311053914?t=y5e8dCm0v3QQjN3iliB9Hw&s=19

quote:

No Comment

No context either.

Busters
Jan 24, 2014

Article's up.

https://honisoit.com/2023/10/the-man-with-nine-lives-an-interview-with-nathen-mazri/

Posting before I read it.

Busters
Jan 24, 2014

Aww shoot did I miss WW3? I was at work.

All this ranting about paramont sure is attractive to other cartoon IPs that might want to have Nathen make restaurants for him.

We'll never get a Beetle Bailey EATS at this rate.

Busters
Jan 24, 2014

So here's how N is spending the weekend. Instead of enjoying the solar eclipse, he's ranting about how Paramount legally demanded he destroy the the failed Garfield merchandise he generated.

https://twitter.com/GarfieldEATSco/status/1713381718026047611

The reason a company would ask someone to do something like this is they're afraid someone would use the stockpiles of unsold merchandise they no longer have the rights for to damage their brand,

Which Nathen does with gusto:

https://twitter.com/GarfieldEATSco/status/1713383361836724280

https://twitter.com/GarfieldEATSco/status/1713383779069206843

Nothing like posting a closet full of evidence that you're in breach of contract on twitter.

What I wouldn't give for a copy of "Garfield's Cyber Safety Adventures" though.

Busters
Jan 24, 2014

Frank Frank posted:

So on one side of the sign it just says, “yes, we’re open” and the other reads, “I hate Mondays”. That uh.. doesn’t necessarily effectively communicate that the place is closed, does it?

Unless they're open 24 hours a day, every day, EXCEPT Monday. Which would be a great gimmick.

Busters
Jan 24, 2014

dr_rat posted:

Lol, I'm not sure what's funnier, that Nathan is thinking literally anyone else would care that a large media company would take some extrea standardard meausres to protect it's it, That he thinks those sort of companies care at all about their IP's beyond how they can get cash from them, or that anyone else would care there is a tiny bit less Garfield merchandising in the world. gently caress Garfield is notorious for being over merchandised.

Just such an extremely broken world view.

I mean they do care enough to ask people to hand over their merch when something fails because of situations exactly like this this. They don't want some freak to latch onto their IP and claim they're still part of it. It's not that they specifically cared about GarfieldEATS to begin with, or even now. But they don't want people thinking this freak has any say with their IP.

Busters
Jan 24, 2014

I don't know if there's anything that's triggered this other than Nathen feeling frustrated and impotent celibate about his failures.

Busters
Jan 24, 2014

His main twitter has been him taking the taking the more flattering parts of his interview and reposting them as eye-catch videos. Including the one about "someone" being on top of the pyramid of society.

https://twitter.com/nathenmazri/status/1712824823120818688

Maybe he thinks this interview is giving him a boost/relevance/platform to get garf back. However, his behavior is antithetical to any brand ever.

Busters
Jan 24, 2014

I wonder where he keeps his iceburg of frozen lasagna.

Busters
Jan 24, 2014

Counting to post snippets of his interview, but without quotations marks, as if he wrote it

https://twitter.com/GarfieldEATSco/status/1713992748599025761?t=xltbbcsVxMfLH-55D_pL4A&s=19

Does Nathen even know what Bad Dragon is? Seems like something a good celibate Muslim shouldn't be talking about. Or maybe he likes the idea of being compared to a washing machine safe Rancor penis?

Busters
Jan 24, 2014

He's got jawa dick energy.

Busters
Jan 24, 2014

MassRafTer posted:

Imagine if the closest thing you had to success was a massive failure everyone laughed at, but people laughed at it and you are too rich to need to work so you can just talk about it endlessly.

I think about this a lot tbh. I wonder what his parents think of him? They're probably bankrolling all this.

Busters
Jan 24, 2014

Commerical architecture design is my passion.

Busters
Jan 24, 2014

sharknado slashfic posted:

All the value is in the autograph tbh

Yeah, and the fact that he put it on the back so you don't have to see it. Anywhere else would de-value it.

Busters
Jan 24, 2014

Hasturtium posted:

It’d be like someone who made ragtime music now boasting about being the number one ragtime performer in 2023

I'd be interested in seeing this.

Busters
Jan 24, 2014

Jim Davis has managed to milk Garfield for the entirety unnaturally long life. So much so that there are "Garfield Merchandise Buyers Guides" uploaded from VHS onto YouTube right next to their modern contemporaries. Somehow this newspaper cat has the same marketing potential as Disney and Pokemon. People know and buy garf internationally.

So it's a real testimony to Nathen's incompetence that he ran his franchise into the ground.

Garfield is loved ironically and non ironically by so many people. Despite newspapers being a dinosaur in a tar pit, people still know Garfield, even without reading the strips. He's still well in our collective cultural consciousness.

Running a Garfield themed restaurant should have been child's play.

Busters
Jan 24, 2014

temple posted:

To be fair, nathen seems to understand marketing, operations, and logistics.

I'm not entirely sure about given the marketing and operations he's currently engaging in. And logistics was the downfall of the restaurant. Bad food, slow response rates and weird menu items (garficino).

temple posted:

The fact he didn't make fresh lasagna or some other novel menu shows he thought "garfield but what else? uh pizza!" He could have ran a true theme restaurant but that would require a larger investment, planning, and creativity.

This is also kind of to my point. If you look at the Dubai launch, you'd think he was launching a chain the size of pizza hut. He had this pie-in-the-sky idea that he was this "entrepreneur" on the verge of commercial history. In fact, he still acts that way.

If he had launched ONE North American restaurant instead of 3 internationally, and then focused on having a decent menu and to-go options, he would have done well. Covid was hard on everyone, but if -during lockup- you had told me I could have door-dashed a whole tin of Garfield branded lasagna, I would have been all over it. I wouldn't have expected amazing home-made pasta, but as long as it was passable, i would have been thrilled. As for other menu items, stick to junk food staples like burgers. Things you can make in the kitchen you've already got.

Dude was just on a captalism-as-cocaine trip and did any idea that jumps into his head. And he continues to dream about absurd scale entre-manure -ship impossibilities like running his own amazon.

Busters fucked around with this message at 22:57 on Oct 29, 2023

Busters
Jan 24, 2014

I'm not sure I understand this one. Friend's star Mathew Perry died for my sins?

Busters
Jan 24, 2014

I just noticed that https://egeez.com/ uses a ton of pictures of copyright heavy characters, including Disney characters.

Isn't that brand impersonation stuff exactly what Nathen claims to be against?

Also, you know you're pitifully unimportant when Disney can't even be bothered to sue you.

Busters fucked around with this message at 02:06 on Nov 4, 2023

Busters
Jan 24, 2014

Guys, I'm going to have to stop posting in this thread. Apparently Nathen is now a cyberpunk bounty hunter and I'm scared to say anything bad about him ever again.

https://twitter.com/nathenmazri/status/1723205840138608949

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lz1G6PEO8WM&t=14s

Busters fucked around with this message at 06:40 on Nov 12, 2023

Busters
Jan 24, 2014

Nikumatic posted:

excuse me but all this time I’ve been informed that AI can NOT create art and yet here we are

best friend crime fighting.

If i still had my video editing software, I'd AI up some images and make a cyberpunk trailer for Egeez.

How do you say Egeez anyways? Is it "E GEE ZE"? "E GE EASY? "EGGS"? "E GEES"?

Busters fucked around with this message at 01:20 on Nov 13, 2023

Busters
Jan 24, 2014

Binary Badger posted:

Speaking of, figured I better post this before Nathan whines about it..

https://www.cbr.com/chris-pratt-garfield-new-look-trailer-announced/

I can't wait for Garfield to sound just like Mario. and by that I mean Chris Pratt just talking without even trying to do a voice at all.

Riot Carol Danvers posted:

Iirc he said it's pronounced "eggies" or some dumb poo poo

"Eggies" Like a child talking about multiple eggs? jesus.

Busters fucked around with this message at 02:07 on Nov 13, 2023

Busters
Jan 24, 2014

sharknado slashfic posted:

He's right though, that Garfield trailer does look awful

I dono, it just looks fluffier than usual. It's fine if movie garfield has his own look. My biggest gripe is exactly what I worried about in my first post. Chris Pratt is just talking. He's not doing a voice. He's not even really emoting much. It's just a boring white dude talking. It's like showing up to your office and hearing some generic mid 30's guy at the water cooler say "Last weekend, I was cat that ate lasagna. This Friday I'm going kayaking" with no passion for anything.

Animation is fine though. If it's not going to be hand animated, then whatever 3d style is going to have to get creative to adapt to Jim Davis' weird kind of flat style.

Busters
Jan 24, 2014

To prove the naysayers wrong, Chris Pratt should have given Garfield a thick Italian accent. That's a valid interpretation of the character.

"IT'SA ME, GARFIELD!"

Busters
Jan 24, 2014

Blue Moonlight posted:

IIRC Jim Davis intentionally and aggressively courted the generic with Garfield. Basically everyone likes carb-rich food and sleeping and hates Mondays.

In that light, casting Chris Pratt, the least unique of the Hollywood Chrises, is almost inspired.

Make him sound fat.

dr_rat posted:

Which makes it particular weird when people talk about some movie or what not ruining Garfield. Like how? Even a bad film would at least maybe be somewhat interesting.

Nothing can ruin Garfield. Not even Nathen, for all his trying.
But you can make it blander. You can make it boring.
To your point, a bad movie is better than a boring movie.

Busters
Jan 24, 2014

But what IS it

I want to say it's some sort of "how to" guide, but why's an AI need to be involved in a walkthrough? (Aside from Nathen just WANTING to do AI stuff because it's 'hot right now')

Frank Frank posted:

Considering “oh geez, it’s egeez!” used to be his ad slogan, this is likely going to get very confusing.

See, this is why I thought egeez rhymes with "easy" but apparently it's "eggies"

Busters fucked around with this message at 19:06 on Nov 14, 2023

Busters
Jan 24, 2014

Frank Frank posted:

It’s literally some harebrained nonsense Nathen cooked up that will never amount to anything. He’ll make some cocaine-fueled elevator pitch to a few professionals who might buy into his bullshit long enough to create the beginnings of “something” before Nathen either gets bored and wanders off or refuses to pay his employees.

One of the things that makes it confusing to deal with Nathen is that he "announces" things like they already exist, fully formed. His brain is so entreprened up that the moment he has even an idea, he treats it as a finished project. And then I find myself asking obvious questions like "what is it?" And "can I see it?". Because he's so fully convinced it already exists that I sometimes believe it as well.

BigBadSteve posted:

I'm guesstimating it's just a rebranded frontend for the standard ChatGPT, with minimal changes.

Solve all your business licensing-related issues by text-querying a good ol' infallible AI!

Oh boy, there's already one precedent for what happens when you ask chatGPT to find caselaw for you. I can't wait for more.

Last Chance posted:

Why not “Oh Gee-PT!”?

To clever. Also doesn't involve eggs. Apparently this is all about eggs for some reason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Busters
Jan 24, 2014

Looks like daddy cut off Nathen's allowance. He's shilling his "cameo" on both of his twitters again. It's like Fiverr for people with no skill, or Only Fans with less nudity. For just $59 you can politely beg Nathen to record something for you in one of his many suits.

https://twitter.com/GarfieldEATSco/status/1726724169323233749

This one caught my eye, because 1. Imagine how limp-wristed and off target a "roast" from Nathen would be and 2. Some fortuitous ad placement.

Busters fucked around with this message at 03:53 on Nov 21, 2023