Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pohl
Jan 28, 2005

In the future, please post shit with the sole purpose of antagonizing the person running this site. Thank you.
this loving article https://www.sfgate.com/warriors/article/warriors-jordan-poole-perfect-tanking-wizards-18167787.php?IPID=SFGate-HP-CP-Spotlight

quote:

The third trade, though, is the one that showed how serious this new front office was: dealing Chris Paul to the Warriors for Jordan Poole.

Even at 38, Paul’s basketball genius and veteran savvy would have been enough to give the Wizards some wins they definitely didn’t deserve — just look at the surprisingly frisky 2019-20 Thunder. The Wizards must have seen that possibility and decided not only that they wanted no part in those victories but also that they wanted the antithesis of that kind of veteran presence on the team. Poole checks both anti-boxes perfectly.

Over the past six months or so, Poole went from future star to liability as the Warriors decided they were out of patience while Steph Curry’s title window is still open. Financially, his upcoming salary would have forced the team into the more draconian penalties of the Warriors-targeted collective bargaining agreement. On the court, his reckless gunning and impression of a drunk baby giraffe while dribbling played a significant role in the Warriors’ postseason elimination.

quote:

On the court, his reckless gunning and impression of a drunk baby giraffe while dribbling played a significant role in the Warriors’ postseason elimination.

lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pohl
Jan 28, 2005

In the future, please post shit with the sole purpose of antagonizing the person running this site. Thank you.
I'm not terribly excited about Chris Paul but gently caress yes, give the ball to someone that won't turn it over in the last 30 seconds thank you very much.

Pohl
Jan 28, 2005

euphronius posted:

isn’t the owners son now running the FO

no, its Mike Dunleavy Jr

oh Front Office.... ummm yeah probably but who cares. Someone in charge is definitely changing poo poo up.

Pohl
Jan 28, 2005

fart simpson posted:

yeah but there’s tons of people like that. malik fitts won’t turn the ball over either

Poole was a special case of pride completely removing all sense of reason. Anyone that could dribble the ball would be better in those moments -- fact is I don't even know why the gently caress they let him handle the ball at the end of the game unless it was a catch and shoot situation. I'm assuming they told him to stop that poo poo and he just ignored them.

Pohl
Jan 28, 2005

lol that Dallas is going to try and lock in Irving for 3 years at an outrageous $126 MILLION contract
I wonder how that is going to work out for them

Pohl
Jan 28, 2005

I think Golden State is making a bad deal with Green for what they are offering him, because that completely destroys them signing a bunch of supporting players... but they need Green.
So they are basically going to lose a poo poo ton of talent to keep Green, and their solution is Chris Paul? I gotta see how this works for them too, lmao.

Pohl
Jan 28, 2005

euphronius posted:

I am not going to defend kyrie

He's a hell of a baller but everything else is lol

Pohl
Jan 28, 2005

TDepressionEarl posted:

golden state got a white kid from wisconsin who transferred to santa clara. podziemski, numbers say he can shoot so maybe the rookie can replace poole with off-ball bench minutes.

personally i think they should call alen smailagić, he shot 50% as back-up center for partizan belgrade, does he want a million bucks? does golden state have room for that? i am not a creative roster builder and it seems like half of these moves are resigns and extensions anyway.

we up kuminga's minutes and pray young glove stays healthy. running it back. sacramento still look more interesting.

nah man Chris Paul is getting all of Poole's minutes, they are obviously looking at building a better second squad with Chris Paul as the leader, and then Paul can finish off the game in the 4th passing to Curry and Thompson. The question is, will there be enough defense? This is where Kuminga comes in. With Kuminga and young glove and Thompson (can he still play elite defense), can Green still play good defense???? That is where the story goes. It is going to be interesting. And they are betting that limiting Paul's minutes means he won't be injured when they need him.

Here we loving go.

Pohl
Jan 28, 2005

:sickos:

Pohl
Jan 28, 2005

lol good lord

Pohl
Jan 28, 2005

euphronius posted:

I’m ready for Kelly oubre

He is so loving good and I could never figure out why the Warriors didn't keep him on their roster

Pohl
Jan 28, 2005

:hmmyes:

Pohl
Jan 28, 2005

After watching Oklahoma the last few years they are going to be dangerous as hell, I have no idea how the Warriors won that game last night.

Pohl
Jan 28, 2005

fart simpson posted:

i know how, op: the league called the refs at the end of the game and forced them to overturn the offensive interference call

lol ok, but the defensive player committed interference first and you know it

Pohl
Jan 28, 2005

kingcobweb posted:

If he continues to shoot 56.5% from three I can see him being useful.

:hmmyes:

Pohl
Jan 28, 2005

TDepressionEarl posted:

dubs defense is poo poo. sorry young glove, saric, moody kuminga and steph

lol man Oklahoma City is just that good
its going to be an interesting year for them

Pohl
Jan 28, 2005

TDepressionEarl posted:

curry does the foul pump fake in a bullshit way

lebron gives you the physical pump fake and passes for an open three

and cleans up at the rim

curry is the best shooter ever but he isn't as good a point guard as lebron

I don't understand your point here

Pohl
Jan 28, 2005

oh your just spamming the poo poo out this thread, ok then carry on

edit: lol good snipe

Pohl
Jan 28, 2005

lol paul is the only reason they are winning these games right now

Pohl
Jan 28, 2005

TenementFunster posted:

ben simmons burner account

lol

Pohl
Jan 28, 2005

so Chris Paul decided he could shoot the ball last night which was kind of nice. The Warriors still have a lot of bullshit to work out but they are looking pretty good.

Pohl
Jan 28, 2005

Yossarian-22 posted:

The Warriors were infamously 33-8 at home last year compared to 11-30 on the road

Now they are 1-5 at home, 3 losses away from last year's home loss total, and 5-2 on the road, 6 wins away from last year's road win total. Weird

They started well but have lost 5 straight. Home or away has nothing to do with it. They have a lot of poo poo to fix, and Kerr better be willing to start looking at some lineup changes because they are cooked if something doesn't change.

Pohl
Jan 28, 2005

Yossarian-22 posted:

Wiggins outplayed all but one Celtics player in the 2022 finals and helped the Warriors come back down 2-1

I don't think its ever really come out from last year exactly what was going on with Wiggins and his "family" issues... it does not surprise me that he's had a slow start this year at all though.

Pohl
Jan 28, 2005

oh good lord Giddey you loving moron
I am just seeing this and lol what in the gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pohl
Jan 28, 2005

euphronius posted:

thunder are incredible god drat .

you have to see them there in the end with Denver in the west I think
LOL I said that OKC was incredible at the start of the season and everyone ignored me
they were actually really dangerous last year and you could just see it coming