Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Buck Wildman)

Mr. Sharps
Jul 30, 2006

The only true law is that which leads to freedom. There is no other.

far cry 1 had Good Water

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Sharps
Jul 30, 2006

Real hurthling! posted:

is d4 working again i was forced to play more totk today and the game was like congrats you get a mech!! and i was like :fap: oooo sweeet :fap: but then i tried doing combat with it in a long slog of a mission>boss fight it makes u do and it controls like a friggin edf gimmick stage and does less damage than my sword gently caress this

it’s a mech, give it a gun or two

Mr. Sharps
Jul 30, 2006

finally a developer that gets it

Mr. Sharps
Jul 30, 2006

Homeless Friend posted:

its bear troll face lol

good av material, keep that in your pocket

Mr. Sharps
Jul 30, 2006

Homeless Friend posted:

darksouls could learn a lot from zelda. they need backflips and shield up to lock orientation

the souls games and blood borne to a lesser extent all feel more like 3d fighting games than adventure games to me. moves are commitments, armor, super armor and i frames all feature heavily.

elden ring felt like a step into a more zeldaesque adventure game control scheme, while sekiro felt like a step in the other direction. both felt more coherent control wise imo

Mr. Sharps
Jul 30, 2006

last time I used voice chat I was using an insanely sensitive field recording mic setup so everybody could hear every tiny little sound in my apartment. open mic, chow down on chips, watch everybody freak out lol

Mr. Sharps
Jul 30, 2006

this was pre asmr now the perverts would probably get off on it

Mr. Sharps
Jul 30, 2006

Ytlaya posted:

One time I was playing War Zone with 3 friends and my mic turned on for some reason (I normally use push to talk) when I was getting super mad about the game running like poo poo*. So it sounded like I just suddenly went "god dammit, loving piece of poo poo." One guy goes "uhh, everything okay there." Very embarrassing.

* this was seemingly addressed when they changed to the new map a while back, which I think also involved changing the engine or something, but before that the game ran like complete poo poo despite my PC being good. Constant stuttering and drops to like 10fps, it was downright unplayable

people getting heated on voice chat is part and parcel. i miss it sometimes!

Mr. Sharps
Jul 30, 2006

snowrunner fans should check out derail valley hth

Mr. Sharps
Jul 30, 2006

never apologize for a snipe

Mr. Sharps
Jul 30, 2006

took me until i watched that documentary just now to realize that all the posters in thatchers techbase were real

Mr. Sharps
Jul 30, 2006

BONGHITZ posted:

there is no such thing as bad coop imo

Mr. Sharps
Jul 30, 2006

Epic High Five posted:

There's still no default ash for Flails so the default skill that is exclusive to them can be infused tho lol

the badass three headed flail you get from one of the nasgul dudes who only appear at night carried me for a good while in combination with a good shield BUT guard counter animation for flails totally whiffs on anything lower to the ground than a big dog. it really sucked!

Mr. Sharps
Jul 30, 2006

derail valley is real good. a sim you can never leave on autopilot and it feels like solving a puzzle in a point and click adventure every time i start up the little newbie train

Mr. Sharps
Jul 30, 2006

skeuomorphic design is the height of bourgeoise excess

Mr. Sharps
Jul 30, 2006

jony ive is the greatest revolutionary of our times

Mr. Sharps
Jul 30, 2006

Robo Reagan posted:

more like links awakening

Mr. Sharps
Jul 30, 2006

haven’t played the game but I had a good time hitting randomize all in the bg3 character creator and hooting at all the insane looking OCs it spat out

Mr. Sharps
Jul 30, 2006

this satan is way too flamboyant to be sinister. did like that when I no-sold his devils deal he monologued anyways, true to type

Mr. Sharps
Jul 30, 2006

the game is about getting a yeerk out of your head so naturally I’m gonna roll a full party of shapeshifting druids

Mr. Sharps
Jul 30, 2006

oatchi more like GOATchi

Mr. Sharps
Jul 30, 2006

I’ve played the divinity games, your baldur gates, an ice wind dale or two, even a pillars of eternity now and then, and if you asked me what the rule set for any of those were I’d say top down wordy rpgs

Mr. Sharps
Jul 30, 2006

5e rolls dice like this, but 3.5e rolls dice like this

Mr. Sharps
Jul 30, 2006

if the soda is good you don’t have to mix it (excepting schoolyard dares)

Mr. Sharps
Jul 30, 2006

the githyanki are mega lame

Mr. Sharps
Jul 30, 2006

Pulcinella posted:

I have no desire to play BG3, but I've heard that it has multiplayer. How the gently caress does that work? I assume only one person gets to be the main character and everyone else controls a party member during combat? Seems like the whole game would slow to a crawl as you wait for someone to go through an NPC dialogue tree.

How the hell does it work?

works pretty well. total chaos but it’s a lot of fun! the game just kinda throws up it’s hands and let’s you get away with just about everything. you can coop your dialogue trees or just let your friend jaw while you wander off and get into trouble

Mr. Sharps
Jul 30, 2006

Pulcinella posted:

Hmm can you load into different areas and do different quests/gently caress over your buddy for hilarious results?

I know BG2 (and maybe 1) had multiplayer back in the day, but never actually used it (other than it would let you make extra custom characters and bring them along even in single player). Does BG3 make a "you must gather your party before venturing forth" joke?

no gather your party joke, missed opportunity. game just lets you do whatever though including going to whole other maps and entering combat

Homeless Friend posted:

the potion juggling is bullshit and theres no escape.i just buy a fuckton/loot everything to try and outpace it. you can throw potions tho i think lol. so load up the useless guy and make him be a MLB picther

thrown potions have an AOE too. considering making an offensive alchemist build with a 100mph fastball. for now im picking up all the bags and packs scattered around to sort my inventory and make satchel charges. a sack full of molotovs followed by a fire bolt is a great combat opener

Mr. Sharps
Jul 30, 2006

Best Friends posted:

I just looked up the bg3 tech specs and Jesus. Is this game at all playable on an older machine?

my pc is from 2016 and it runs pretty crap, but it’s turn based so idgaf

edit: talking 30fps on medium crap not a slideshow

Mr. Sharps
Jul 30, 2006

DoombatINC posted:

another night missing nineties videogame box art

abs the whole way up, bizarre physiology

Mr. Sharps
Jul 30, 2006

I would care a lot more about gear in this game
if the most powerful item wasn’t a backpack filled with explosives and the fire bolt cantrip

Mr. Sharps
Jul 30, 2006

Al! posted:

also just fyi thats permabanned legend mormonpartyboat, so it was a joke sorry to spoil

how did mmpb get banned?

Mr. Sharps
Jul 30, 2006

Au Revoir Shosanna posted:

high charisma in bg3 is wild like i'm halfway into act 2 and i've convinced 3 bosses in a row to kill themselves instead of fight me which is funny but i'm also starting to feel like i'm missing out on content

its a real drama kid power trip and sort of fun that way

Mr. Sharps
Jul 30, 2006

Truga posted:

derail valley

game kicks rear end out of VR too

Mr. Sharps
Jul 30, 2006

Real hurthling! posted:

beat pikmin 4. its much better than other pikmin but theres one part of the game where you get special pikmin that come back and find you after their job is over and to be frank they should all do that in every mode wtf are we doing here shiggy get the gently caress over yourself my man

dandori issue

Mr. Sharps
Jul 30, 2006

Grey Fox posted:

https://twitter.com/The_Ben_Starr/status/1694368692694372838 I'm partial to "gently caress you, it's me, Mario"

it’s-a me, mario

Mr. Sharps
Jul 30, 2006

Al! posted:

do they actually make those muscle man tops with just the sleeves or is that just for video games

Mr. Sharps
Jul 30, 2006

a fantasy so nice they made it twice

Mr. Sharps
Jul 30, 2006

Hatebag posted:

yeah I get that they're bad at programming it just doesn't look very impressive. looks like fallout 4. I don't think it would be that hard to use the nudoom graphics engine and slap whatever transmigrated buggy slop code you need for NPCs and inventory onto that. but i suppose they know their business because they make $300M a year.
they aren't even in bethesda! their office is in rockville!

outer worlds was made by a totally different studio in a totally different engine and still looked and played like a gamebryo classic. mystifying to me, but it’s what the people expect I guess

Mr. Sharps
Jul 30, 2006

imagine being the project lead who has to explain to investors why “kinda lovely” is actually value added

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Sharps
Jul 30, 2006

Lostconfused posted:

I think the most recent yesteryear website that I've visited was bash.org

are you aware of where you are posting