Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Buck Wildman)

bitmap
Aug 8, 2006

Nichael posted:

Minor Zelda quest spoilers, so avoid this if you don't want to read that.

The new Zelda has a quest where the only solution as far as I can tell is to get thrown in jail. And then the only way to get thrown in jail is by creeping on the morning class of Gerudo children three times in a row. Eventually, the teacher calls the guards on you.

Can anyone tell me if I'm wrong regarding that being the only solution? Because it's a little :yikes:.

there are like 5 ways underground

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bitmap
Aug 8, 2006

KirbyKhan posted:

The last screen is a black out with white text

It is playing a music box rendition of the main theme. It is beautiful. I am crying.

Read in the cadence of "I trawl the megahertz"

bitmap
Aug 8, 2006

armoured core and baldurs gate 3 coming out soon.......drat it feel good to be a gamer :cool:

bitmap
Aug 8, 2006

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY posted:

Good stuff. Give me this and Vampire Survivors co-op plz

how would vampire survivors co-op work. why wouldnt you just stand in exactly the same place as one another.

bitmap
Aug 8, 2006

two fully upgraded garlic dudes...dare I imagine such power...

bitmap
Aug 8, 2006

all souls games, are very good

bitmap
Aug 8, 2006

good luck with that one white knight dude with the spear in the tower of flame tho! hes a real one

bitmap
Aug 8, 2006

sneaky greatsword monk lets go

bitmap
Aug 8, 2006

im gonna gently caress that vampire guy

bitmap
Aug 8, 2006

we're gonna gently caress

bitmap
Aug 8, 2006

Popy posted:

in BG3 my dream girlfriend says its fine to keep sticking these brain leeches into my own brain so im gonna keep doing it she said it was healthy and normal.

wait thats not the "guardian" you create at the start is it

bitmap
Aug 8, 2006

Goa Tse-tung posted:

yeah in the EA it was literally your dream partner

I assume they changed it to get shocked reactions from streamers like the Skye/Star thing in cyberpunk

drat I guess im getting tossed around by some huge bad orc bitch

bitmap
Aug 8, 2006

whats with these rude and imperious women up in my party. all the dudes are chill as hell.

bitmap
Aug 8, 2006

well well well looks like my producer hosed up and tasked me with doing work today which I already did early this week. looks like im getting paid to play bg3 :cheers:

bitmap
Aug 8, 2006

I disarmed the mirror me in the temple of shar and got another legendary mace :)

bitmap
Aug 8, 2006

that weepy BPD elf with the bangs just turns up and has a fit at me after I save some angel and leaves forever without any warning? what is wrong with you. this game is messy as hell.

bitmap
Aug 8, 2006

wild how loving pathetic games posters are. actually mad at this fun hating probe.

bitmap
Aug 8, 2006

bro that little murder dwarf in act 3 is terrifying. he sure knows how to get up in them guts with a dagger and one shot half my party.

bitmap
Aug 8, 2006

rip cazador, you were meant to be a climactic and difficult boss but you walked near an edge on the first turn of combat

bitmap
Aug 8, 2006

also lolling at the awful theatre kid rear end duet that plays when you fight raphael

bitmap
Aug 8, 2006

some pretty good AC6 reviews just came out

bitmap
Aug 8, 2006

https://opencritic.com/game/15125/armored-core-vi-fires-of-rubicon/reviews

bitmap
Aug 8, 2006

theres no invasions mechanic so I'll just do another bg3 playthrough for now. really hosed my first one up.

bitmap
Aug 8, 2006

ac6 on pc or ps5? probably pc right but man I gotta use that ps5 for something

bitmap
Aug 8, 2006

wow! the latest leaks from fort night insider show that the next season of skins include some poo poo from disney plus and an upcoming tie in with a soft drink or some stupid loving poo poo, shut up!!

bitmap
Aug 8, 2006

Mr Hootington posted:

7Up Cool Spot backbling would be sick

I do like cool spot

bitmap
Aug 8, 2006

Cuttlefush posted:

gale doesnt actually hit on you unless you choose the very obviously romantic answers. oblivious goons

he's the fuckin mage of the party with a magical nuke inside his chest who says "hey I've been working on some new magic, want to see?" and when you say "sure" he tries to kiss up on your neck and chest and then never ever stops being a catty bitch when you say no and ever try to get some tyiefling/gith/vampire strange

bitmap
Aug 8, 2006

triple sulk posted:

i bought ac6 though i've never played one. first boss took like 4-5 tries but starting to get the hang of it. not bad so far

yeah me too, just now. theres a lot going on visually, loads of constant fire and missiles and stuff. I guess you need to learn to not sweat it. The training missions you unlock after beating old helicopter might have been a bit nicer before the first area? oh well

bitmap
Aug 8, 2006

I need more boost! this robot aint got boost for poo poo!!

bitmap
Aug 8, 2006

palindrome posted:

the helicopter is kinda gimmicky. I've put several more hours in and purchased some gear upgrades but I replay that mission from time to time and it's still easy to lose. I won't say it's challenging but rather a very precise script that needs to be followed, which I don't feel like the dark souls games demanded. It's my first AC game so I may simply need to get good. I find the encounter difficult because:

- The entire objective of the fight is to boost + melee attack the copter, which isn't communicated very clearly imo. I'm not sure if the hold/charge single swing attack is better for stagger, or go for the double-press sword strike combo
- The arena area is fairly limited, many times I will set up a great boot + attack but then be stopped by the invisible arbitrary barrier, so I float there and the chopter lols and shoots me from their nigh-invincible place outside the legal hit zone
- You can avoid the incoming attacks by hiding behind buildings, boosting around erratically in the air, and dodging left/right. Your energy level is rather low so you can't do all these things at once and must choose.
- When you manage to stagger a boss, the energy sword is typically on cooldown so you can't use it again to press the advantage, instead plinking away with rifles and missiles. Unless, one were to equip a second blade :thunk:

all correct. I think they should have maybe upped the hp of the boss and given you like 1.5x boost to make it feel a bit better.

bitmap
Aug 8, 2006

if the other bosses feel like I'm just constantly battling the last half second of melee cooldown and the giant amount of energy it takes to just boost up a little bit I'm gonna....im gonna!...play it anyway

bitmap
Aug 8, 2006

Al! posted:

people keep talking about dying to a tutorial boss in armored core but the first boss i remember fighting was the helicopter???

yeah thats the one! I beat him after maybe 5 tries but it felt really clunky. just watched a video though and apparently I should have used the L3 travel dash. cool.

bitmap
Aug 8, 2006

cmon man you need to fight at least one of the goblins

bitmap
Aug 8, 2006

drat...I want a bubble tea

bitmap
Aug 8, 2006

ModernMajorGeneral posted:

Everyone in cspam really is secretly just a liberal

is a fuckin slurpie with tapioca balls at the bottom somehow reactionary? I used to live in giant cities, now I live in small town ireland. I'm lucky if I can get coke zero. I want a bubble tea, man.

bitmap
Aug 8, 2006

well we simply need to "take it back" and call bubble tea something cool like...I dont know "chai guevara". just spitballin here.

bitmap
Aug 8, 2006

BONGHITZ posted:

you should try the no bans historic mode. all the cards are free for that one.

can you channel fireball

bitmap
Aug 8, 2006

BONGHITZ posted:

yeah. channel is back and I’m dropping eldrazi

huh. did they ban those hyper expensive 20/20 guys?

bitmap
Aug 8, 2006

does it work ok in vr on pc yet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bitmap
Aug 8, 2006

loquacius posted:

https://twitter.com/Bolverk15/status/1696518188333400572

lol that the replies are all people saying "that unironically owns"

it was pretty essential to the plot for me because one of the party members permanently ended the life of another