Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Buck Wildman)

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

my bony fealty posted:

Dave the Diver hit 1.0 which means it's time to buy. Only 10% off right now but $18 seems very worth it from all the positive buzz I've read.

Played a few hours last night but I can already tell it's gonna be a very fun game. Just an incredibly chill and charming game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

my bony fealty posted:

I only wish there were more variety to them, they're so good but watching the three enhance ones gets old pretty quick

I just got to fish farming and lol cool a whole nother new mechanic added, love it

Its really good, I'm about where you are and I'm surprised at all the new poo poo that keeps on getting introduced

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

loquacius posted:

Regional Zelda storylines:
Goron City taken over by drug lord

I knew Zelda was a fed

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Fried Watermelon posted:

Adoring Fan is in the game, who needs romance

I can't wait to throw him out of the airlock

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

triple sulk posted:

not really even exaggerating. his VA killed it

I'm not done yet but that dude put his everything into Clive and it rules.

Also rules we had almost little too no bullshit non-verbal anime responses that really started to annoy me in FF7R.

The VA in general was real good

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Buck Wildman posted:

there was actually a mod made that edited that stuff out of the dialogue audio for the ff7 remake and it was a massive improvement lol

God I would've love that, unfortunately I played it at release

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Probably helps that they built 16's VA and script around English instead japanese first then translated to English

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Lol

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Buck Wildman posted:

it really is a huge improvement

I can imagine

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

https://twitter.com/punkittdev/status/1678652519554355203

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

KirbyKhan posted:

The vibes are so good. Ashtray Maze is like top ten videpgaming moments for me

Ashtray Maze, the bramble planet in Outer Wilds, and stepping foot in Mexico for the first time in Red Dead are moments that I'll always remember

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

https://twitter.com/punkittdev/status/1679008211335282689

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Starfield is gonna own, can't wait to play the hell out of it

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Is the Dark Souls switch port decent? I'd like to play it when I'm on vacation and need to keep things portable

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Cuttlefush posted:

the audio seems really, really bad although that really depends on if it bothers you or not. and the 30fps limit. i think the audio is the biggest issue with it but still might not bother people

Not necessarily that big of an issue honestly. I might just say gently caress it and get a Gabe Gear though

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Epic High Five posted:

Yeah it's how I play it now when I revisit it, it's great, the game lends itself well to being paused and played in short sessions, just don't be online if you wanna do it that way because it'll keep kicking you back to the title screen when you disconnect

Thanks, from the limited research I found it to be a decent port with some issues

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

RealityWarCriminal posted:

it's okay, but i'd take the pc port. the switch port has a few issues like a hardcoded B button for confirm in menus and Nintendo Online will nag you if you don't have it.

Thank you

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Fuligin posted:

Scholar of the First Sin and Bloodborne are two of the most perfect games ever created. Followed by Sekiro a little below maybe. ER is good but i dont know that open world adds that much to the souls formula tbqh though it certainly has its moments

I feel the open world added so much more, if I was stuck trying to progress in an area I could just go somewhere else. And not just to grind in the same area I've been stuck in for hours, I can go to a whole different, new, area and enjoy murdering new and exotic poo poo heads

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

I guess that's kinda why I bounced off Sekiro and Bloodborne, at some point I can't keep killing the same mooks and not progressing anywhere

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

LOL

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Mr. Lobe posted:

Patches at the radahn festival was one of the highlights of that game for me

Or when he ambushes you while you're looking over a cliff, i wasn't even mad

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

I'm in, loving love that game dearly.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

gradenko_2000 posted:

played some more Remnant 2

cleared out two dungeons, earned a level, some loot, took out a boss - good stuff

I don't know what it is but despite taking maybe five attempts at the boss I never felt as frustrated or as scared as I did with other Soulslikes

How're you liking it in general?

I liked the first one a bit

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

gradenko_2000 posted:

I like it a lot.

Dispatching incidental random mobs in the overworld is easy when you've got a gun and they've got a knife, as compared to walking around in something like Elden Ring or Mortal Shell where even a random zombie can take you out if you're not mindful. Plus I'm using the "Handler" class which has a dog that can tank for me.

There's a ton of depth in the skill/ability and loot system that I've barely scratched, and I expect there's a lot of room to experiment with builds there.

And it looks really really good.

Having played Borderlands and Outriders and having bounced off of both, Remnant 2 is miles ahead of both of those games.

Thanks, I'll definitely get it when I can

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Been playing through the Uncharted games because I've always heard they were great and I never had playstation until the ps4. Finished 2 tonight and I am enjoying them quite a bit, very charming story and performances, the combats been fairly straight forward, if a little dated but the first two came out late 2000s so I can give it a pass. I know 4 is the big one and I can't wait to play it.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Starfield is gonna be great, can't wait

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

SirSamVimes posted:

go play outer wilds, the most solar system focused sci-fi

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Starfield is looking real good. Review embargo is down

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Since when have we ever taken ign seriously?

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Looks dope, not really a fighting game fan but Nether Realm knows how to make a spectacle.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_kuPoLw9Wc
Music sounds so good

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

loquacius posted:

New mechanics seem cool too, need more triple techs in my life

Wish it was just a regular trailer, though, the Nintendo Direct guy's tour-guide-rear end delivery is annoying to me

Yeah that dude's voice always rubbed me the wrong way

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Hell yea, Vacation Cloud on a segway is hilarious to me for some reason

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

One big hope I have is that they get rid of those super loving annoying anime nonverbal breathing responses. poo poo got bad in the first one and was super happy that poo poo didn't exist in 16

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

https://twitter.com/i/status/1702358038680605034

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Communist Thoughts posted:

I can hide Timothy chalamets face with a big donkey hat

GOTY

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Anybody got a good recommendation for an emulation machine to just dump a butt load of roms into? If I had the money I'd definitely be getting a Deck but that's out of my reach for now

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

check out jbone's thread in SA-mart and snag a vita from him, he's good people

Interesting, didn't think of a psp.

Thank you

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Thanks, I looked at those too and I do like the prices

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Buddykins posted:

is lies of p just another bloodborne

Has the theming of a Bloodborne but the combat is a mix of Bloodborne and Sekiro.