Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Buck Wildman)

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Palladium posted:

imagine going back to 2006 and telling FF12 players we will regress from a semi open world and playable character count on hardware a thousand times faster

just think with the power of the ps5 we could be choosing from over a hundred different but functionally identical dudes slowly auto-battling through 10 screens of desert

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Nonsense posted:

telling anybody ff16 has no party and immediately turn thems off, not going to do well except jrpg people

a lot of games don't have a party

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

A Buttery Pastry posted:

i'm just confused at the idea that not having a party would scare off non-jrpg fans.

average gamer dude that loves god of war recoiling in horror when I tell them a game is out where you mainly control one guy with AI companions helping you out

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

olives black posted:

wonder if Iron Lung is going to follow suit

https://twitter.com/DUSKdev/status/1671498543771574273?s=20

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Real hurthling! posted:

u misspelled 'party members'

why would they buy party members at full price?

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

the reviewers that were complaining about 16’s story have severe brain worms, this poo poo rules

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

turn off the TV posted:

lovely stupid plots are frequently funny, i thought that was the entire premise of the numbered ff games

nah a lot of the criticisms i saw were people just completely failing to understand basic storytelling. Like, these people are operating at a fourth grade reading level

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Buck Wildman posted:

it's ok to enjoy stupid stories everyone, you don't have to justify it to yourself

the Gita Jackson review spent multiple paragraphs complaining about a character arc that doesn’t actually exist anywhere in the game

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Jazerus posted:

they started development when GoT wasn't cringe i guess

GoT is still extremely popular, people are eating up that prequel show

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

you are correct that Fortnite has reclaimed the beloved character of Rick Sanchez from the degenerate Justin Roiland and delivered him to the people, just as it will do with all IP

it also reclaimed a bunch of money into the degenerate Justin Rolland’s wallet

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Ben Nerevarine posted:

FFXVI owns but these are some of the lowest effort sidequests I’ve ever seen

I like the one where you traumatize a lovely little kid

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

PostNouveau posted:

Saw a review that FF16's story is entirely about everyone being racist to the main character. Like, literally everyone you meet is a genocidal racist and the only culture is how much everyone loves being racist, and the main character just takes it the whole time and never sticks up for himself. c/d?

D, Clive kills a shitload of fantasy racists

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

it is very poor writing to depict a society built on slavery to be full of relentless exploitation and abject cruelty

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

I don’t really get the appeal of making a hardcore Diablo character in general but making one in an always online game just seems like deranged masochism

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Popy posted:

im anti-FF16 now too many brits

Oi bruv innit

the cool Icelandic accents balance it out imo

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

the Titan fight in ff16 is the coolest poo poo ever

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Whirling posted:

this is fascism

lmao what

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

we removed down the following things that we no longer feel are appropriate to have our game
-sexualization of minors
-sexual assault
-Russian people

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

from the comparison video in that article the changes are so minor I don’t know why they even bothered, especially when the game is a decade old at this point. A character being sexualized marginally less (but still plenty sexualized) isn’t gonna change anyone’s minds if they weren’t into the game’s hyper-sexualized aesthetic before. Literally the only people who will give a poo poo are that people that are mad at it.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

the Bahamut fight in XVI would’ve been the final boss in any other game

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

the first one is by far the least cool one lol

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

turn off the TV posted:

the game's composer should also be tried at the hague for his crimes during the titan fight

what the gently caress

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

the female character not being a troop is whatever but the whole pre-war intro was just a bad idea in general. both fallout 3 and 4’s attempts to give your character a bespoke family history through a long intro with the motivation being finding your lost family member end up falling flat. New Vegas had the perfect setup with “someone shot you in the head, find out why”.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

The Chad Jihad posted:

"Join me and I'll kill everyone you love and turn you into a lovely goo monster" -Lilith
"This is the most seductive offer I've ever heard" - Every Diablo NPC apparently

where do i sign up

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

erosion posted:

Using a laser pointer to set off unexploded warheads the size of a refrigerator with a blast radius of 75 feet

is there a mod of fallout 3 where the shockwave from the megaton explosion instantly kills your character

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

the wheel has spoken and the game of the month for my retro gaming club is... Metal Gear Solid. The Summer of Snake is upon us.

hell yeah

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

13 has a fun combat system but it takes ages for the game to let you actually engage with it

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Buck Wildman posted:

also magic came in grenade form in ff15 that was fun

i thought the magic system in 15 sucked but accidentally tazing your entire party with thundaga was pretty funny

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

the cup noodles sidequest is a masterpiece

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

holy poo poo lmao

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Koirhor posted:

bear sex is a step too far

counterpoint: it’s insanely funny

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Nonsense posted:

Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle is one of the worst selling Nintendo titles in its history including wii u

think youre thinking about the sequel
I saw an Ubisoft executive or someone went out and said “yeah Nintendo told us to wait a bit before making a sequel and we didn’t listen to them, we probably should have”

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

what game is he from

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Buck Wildman posted:

persona 3 and onward are accessible and simplified renditions of smt's mechanics, something that definitely carries value with how opaque and unforgiving the main series and other spinoffs like devil survivor can be. they also have an undeniably stylish aesthetic, particularly imo the music. they are also cliche anime dating sim tripe with all the baggage that medium carries, and to expect any deeper moral standard or philosophical nuance from that is ridiculous. I fully understand why they're so popular but lol at being upset that they aren't smart enough for your taste, get real

you sure are overreacting a lot to people rightfully calling dated transphobic humor stupid and lame

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Buck Wildman posted:

it's like watching texas chainsaw massacre and being upset it's not more feminist

no it isn’t lol
like every positive review of persona 5 mentions its themes and its portrayal of progressive teenage rebellion as strong points

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

indigi posted:

wait the game lets you date a bear? why

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

indigi posted:

wait can you date a bear or just gently caress a bear. this is a n important question

you date the man and he shapeshifts into a bear and you gently caress the bear

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

also lol at the badass misogynist tweeter censoring the word “bitch”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

love how people still get pissed at the fact that there is no “don’t be a war criminal” button in the game lmao