Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

nice obelisk idiot posted:

to your point, i think it becomes more common to think about that stuff once you hit 30s, and the fact that your brain is slowly turning into mush becomes more palpable. so being young and being able to learn poo poo really quickly and deeply is more valuable in hindsight

lately I look at dudes in their sixties and seventies and I can actually see who they once were before the dust of age took them to the sands of time.

very powerful stuff. lots of husks out there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003

the blonde hair and steely blue eyes of a london cabbie

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

king

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Jay Rust posted:

Kinda like how lighters untaught kids about fire making. I.e. who cares

not really. a bic lighter is considerably less reliant on a huge tech stack to work.

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost

Stolen from elsewhere:

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Edmund Sparkler posted:

My partner uses the Maps feature that reorients the map, so that up is always the directing you're facing instead of north, and it drives me insane.

e: beaten
lol cmon goons

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

https://twitter.com/vampapayaa/status/1779910850217713672?t=-3Kt9O58nfzQSySzaLOlXQ&s=19

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

Smythe posted:

not really. a bic lighter is considerably less reliant on a huge tech stack to work.

The huge tech stack of a rock, a bit of iron and something dry and flammable

gradenko_2000 posted:

I remember reading this article a while back about London cab drivers having to undergo extremely rigorous tests about their knowledge of the streets, right down to being able to identify a specific pub from as vague instructions as "the door had two gargoyles on it"

Trick question, gargoyles are a kind of decorative waterspout for projecting rain away from buildings.

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

Weka posted:

The huge tech stack of a rock, a bit of iron and something dry and flammable

wet and flammable works way better

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

got me 50 ounces out a bird in this bitch

gradenko_2000 posted:

I remember reading this article a while back about London cab drivers having to undergo extremely rigorous tests about their knowledge of the streets, right down to being able to identify a specific pub from as vague instructions as "the door had two gargoyles on it"

black cab drivers know how to navigate to so many locations it makes their brains look different on an fmri

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

FirstnameLastname posted:

black cab drivers know how to navigate to so many locations it makes their brains look different on an fmri

not knowing what a "black cab driver" is could make this post sound like some race science bullshit lol

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

The dialectical struggle of history has always, essentially, been a question of how to apply justice to matter. Take away matter and what remains is justice.
Ah yes, we call this the "Glasgow lobe"

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

I bought a Sega Saturn Virtua:On Twin Stick and the dude hid inside of the crate and delivered it to me then ran away into the woods.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

DR FRASIER KRANG posted:

I bought a Sega Saturn Virtua:On Twin Stick and the dude hid inside of the crate and delivered it to me then ran away into the woods.

I bought a little art book from some Japanese lady via amazon and she sent me a similar handwritten note about how she went to the states on vacation once and loved it. I thought it was kind of sweet, I think a lot of Japanese just feel really socially isolated

Buck Wildman has issued a correction as of 03:26 on Apr 16, 2024

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

my musician friends orders used to come with a handful of stale candy. I never thought about it or tried to read anything into it

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

The dialectical struggle of history has always, essentially, been a question of how to apply justice to matter. Take away matter and what remains is justice.

Buck Wildman posted:

I bought a little art book from some Japanese lady via amazon and she sent me a similar handwritten note about how she went to the states on vacation once and loved it. I thought it was kind of sweet, I think a lot of Japanese just feel really socially isolated

everyone is socially isolated now dumbass

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

not me I'm king of the scene

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

maybe you should watch less anime and learn to salsa dance

fr0id
Jul 27, 2016

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

tokin opposition posted:

Goons rapidly approaching the old man yelling at cloud age, without me I'm pretty sure the average age goes up to 70 now

wrong side of 20 or optimistic side of 30 calling people old.

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

fr0id posted:

wrong side of 20 or optimistic side of 30 calling people old.

Im 19

And have been for the last thousand years

fr0id
Jul 27, 2016

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

tokin opposition posted:

Im 19

And have been for the last thousand years

tman standing for trans adult

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
https://twitter.com/AlexaEsperanzaa/status/1779927969902825776

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

https://twitter.com/1FlawedKid/status/1779977090713935947?t=n9cfqMjK2jmfeaPmuDi8SA&s=19

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004

Our posts
oh good Trump will get to appoint another one

fanfic insert
Nov 4, 2009

DR FRASIER KRANG posted:

lately I look at dudes in their sixties and seventies and I can actually see who they once were before the dust of age took them to the sands of time.

very powerful stuff. lots of husks out there.

I once saw a really old dude at a subway station, rush hour, he was limping along muttering to himself and chewing an apple. As the train came into the platform he tossed the apple in front of it so it splashed onto the people(narrowly missed me), a lot of em murmured angrily as he kept walking with a huge grin. And all I could think of was "hell yeah dude"

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

https://bsky.app/profile/catsofyore.bsky.social/post/3kq7x4rwpbe2h

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
https://twitter.com/RobDenBleyker/status/1780060946435649723

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

The Danish stock exchange (not actually in use as such) was on fire this morning. 400 year old building, very beautiful, but also a showroom for business interests. This would have been the perfect start of the revolution, but we hosed up.
https://twitter.com/informeren/status/1780164713529118764?t=ZtCsgUEVKu6xmIMLuO-4ng&s=19

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

BonHair posted:

The Danish stock exchange (not actually in use as such) was on fire this morning. 400 year old building, very beautiful, but also a showroom for business interests. This would have been the perfect start of the revolution, but we hosed up.
https://twitter.com/informeren/status/1780164713529118764?t=ZtCsgUEVKu6xmIMLuO-4ng&s=19

It was the headquarters for the Chamber of Commerce. I wouldn't be surprised if the fire was somehow caused by some corner cutting during the restoration.

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost
Getting in the door at NixonCon and bolting towards the Yuri fanart booths at a full sprint.

https://x.com/RealOdysseas/status/1780189917420659184

Also, lmao:

https://x.com/TheWapplehouse/status/1780073235196805559

shackleford
Sep 4, 2006

lol, WASPs for nixon

i thought WASP was always a highbrow slur but i guess not?

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

shackleford posted:

lol, WASPs for nixon

i thought WASP was always a highbrow slur but i guess not?

it apparently started that way but was then popularized by a guy saying "WASPs like me don't have enough control of this country like we used to, and that's why everything is going to poo poo!"

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

it apparently started that way but was then popularized by a guy saying "WASPs like me don't have enough control of this country like we used to, and that's why everything is going to poo poo!"

The problem with WASP as a slur is that they think those are good things to be and they want everyone to know those labels apply to them, so it’s pretty hard for them to feel put down by it

Reminds me of a guy who traced his lineage back to antebellum planter class and liked to talk about how conflicted it made him feel in way that always felt to me that he was humble bragging about how established and wealthy his family is

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
yeah plenty of people are proud of their anglo heritage

it's hosed up but so is the world

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

A solid 75% of white dudes in New England love to tell you about how they had a direct ancestor on the Mayflower