Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

PoptartsNinja posted:

“We knew that would be the case when they did not let me disembark with the Cargomasters,” Lieutenant Syntyche Cameron-Moon spoke with the overly-formal precision that was currently in vogue with Terran members of the SLDF. She wasn’t Terran herself; but what had once been sarcastic mockery had become so ingrained that the stilted speech had long-since grown into an unconscious habit.

Love a good history foreshadowing joke, and also love taking the piss out of the Clans whenever possible. Even centuries before their formation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

*chuckles AC/5ishly*

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

lmao

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

PoptartsNinja posted:

If any of the OpForce could get out of the canyon, the walls would be higher.

Edit: Or I'd have put terrain up there.

well we obviously can't skip elevenses

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Oh.

Oh my.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

painedforever posted:

Crikey!

Did Rampart even get any kills? Or is this all about surviving?

I voted for the narrative drama

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

PoptartsNinja posted:

You're not, but good luck talking the chief tech out of it.

lmao

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

nobody ever asks how is battlemaster

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Volmarias posted:

Ok, well, how is Battlemaster?

good question, haven't seen her post lately

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

lmao @ all of that

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

That's a really good Stalker sprite

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Defiance Industries posted:

They are more there for deterrence. Probably don't actually try to let people shoot you in the back, trust me on this.

lmao

good times

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I just realized the dropship is in ice because it melted the snow which quickly refroze

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Defiance Industries posted:

3052 is the WLF-2. It's the featured variant because it was the first one to get a write-up in a TRO, which is the way they determine which variant gets to go in the big box and which ones go below.

That makes sense. Especially since the Wolfhound, along with a handful of other Succession Era designs, exists in a fun transitional point in mech development. Also, record-keeping.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Considering the defining feature of a Centurion is being slow and having a big gun, calling the Dragon (relatively zippy for its weight class) a shittier Centurion is inaccurate both in its generosity by comparing it to a Centurion, but also by failing to describe its intended role.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I could've sworn PTN brought out LAMs in his BT AU thread at some point

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

W.T. Fits posted:

I still fondly remember the enemy quad that legged itself trying to activate its MASC.

Mood: Unknowable

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

PoptartsNinja posted:

[Shooting End Phase]
Marsden CWT #2
- Suffers a Commander Hit!

lmao

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Deferral Lance

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Wagon Lance

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I feel like these days the term goon has taken on new and unfortunate connotations

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

AJ_Impy posted:

Obligation Lance

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Yeah tabletop being turn-based makes bracket builds a lot more logical to run, it's when you're controlling them directly in realtime situations where the concept breaks down.

The difference between being able to calmly select what guns to fire a la carte at a table and having to juggle weapon groups on the fly while getting shot at.