Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat
To be fair, that was me handing the players a really long lever and letting them see if they could move the moon.

It was still up to the player to try.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule

PoptartsNinja posted:

To be fair, that was me handing the players a really long lever and letting them see if they could move the moon.

It was still up to the player to try.

it was super fun and *extremely* memorable. the whole Demon Hawks arc was A+++++

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

Pattonesque posted:

it was super fun and *extremely* memorable. the whole Demon Hawks arc was A+++++

I still fondly remember the enemy quad that legged itself trying to activate its MASC.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

W.T. Fits posted:

I still fondly remember the enemy quad that legged itself trying to activate its MASC.

Mood: Unknowable

Scintilla
Aug 24, 2010

I BEAT HIGHFORT
and all I got was this
jackass monkey

Defiance Industries posted:

I was thinking of the King Cobra because it has the power to go Ultra Instinct.

As the player who used it, I can confirm that pulping Marauders with a giant mace while taking no damage for the entirety of the mission is extremely satisfying.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...

W.T. Fits posted:

What an incredible moment that was, too

Rorahusky
Nov 12, 2012

Transform and waaauuuugh out!
There were a lot of memorable moments in the OG AU thread, like the poor bastard in the Glacier mission who fell over, exploded, went through the ice, exploded a second, time, and then died.

Marluxia
May 8, 2008

Guys, I'm not sanguine about this topic choice.

painedforever
Sep 12, 2017

Quem Deus Vult Perdere, Prius Dementat.
Um... we've all sent in our orders for this turn, right? I suddenly feel like I've forgotten something.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Marluxia posted:

Guys, I'm not sanguine about this topic choice.

:cripes:

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
LAMs heck yeah haha

propatriamori
Feb 13, 2012

there can be no peace until everyone is safe

painedforever posted:

Um... we've all sent in our orders for this turn, right? I suddenly feel like I've forgotten something.

I just double-checked; mine are in

vorebane
Feb 2, 2009

"I like Ur and Kavodel and Enki being nice to people for some reason."

Wrong Voter amongst wrong voters
Mine are in for turn 6

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
I believe I have everyone's orders. I'm at work.

Edit: I've gotten stuck working later than usual this week due to some meetings, which has slowed the update a little. I'll get it done ASAP.

PoptartsNinja fucked around with this message at 21:58 on Jan 24, 2024

painedforever
Sep 12, 2017

It's all good PTN.

Everyone got talking about LAMs and murdermechs, and I was all like, "Everyone's gone all chill about discussing what we're going to do. Is everyone biding their time while waiting on someone to send in their orders? Is it me that's forgotten?"

Getting back to laughable LAMs...

Wasn't someone in Natasha Kerensky's lance a LAM pilot?

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe
Rifleman

I would like to add that my pilot is making "ack-ack" noises over open comms.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

painedforever posted:

Not as far as I know. The original Black Widow command lance was her, a Marauder and a Crusader. Then they added a Griffin later.

Holybat
Dec 22, 2006

I made this while you were asleep.

painedforever posted:

Getting back to laughable LAMs...

No, but Jaime Wolf's intelligence chief, Stanford Blake, piloted a LAM before Misery in Wolves On The Border.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Holybat posted:

No, but Jaime Wolf's intelligence chief, Stanford Blake, piloted a LAM before Misery in Wolves On The Border.

Blake?! Is that how the Wolves got such good intel

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
Honestly, the Dragoons being able to receive and decypher HPG transmissions would be a pretty good excuse.

Holybat
Dec 22, 2006

I made this while you were asleep.

PoptartsNinja posted:

Honestly, the Dragoons being able to receive and decypher HPG transmissions would be a pretty good excuse.

With the world detail backfill of a part ComStar's HPG comms monopoly being their cryptography, I also like how it dovetails with how the Seventh Kommando raid on the An Ting HPG site worked for the Dragoons too. Like, anybody in a star system technically can receive HPG comms since it's just a radio carrier wave that's been squirted through hyperspace, but ComStar's stranglehold was understanding how to not only make HPGs work to transmit and to cryptographically secure any communications on both ends with their Star League tech computer resources.

The Dragoons, being Clan, not only had the know-how to rig the transmission but they also had access to Star League vintage computer resources equal to or even superior to ComStar's as well. An example of this hardware advantage could be seen with Jaime Wolf being able to bring weapons into the most secured event on the most secured planet in the Inner Sphere with a personal SL-era electronic cloaking system.

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction

W.T. Fits posted:

Years later, at random points in time, I remember this visual and laugh out loud, regardless of setting.

One day I will remember it at like, a job interview or funeral or something and have to explain myself. It is only a matter of time.

propatriamori
Feb 13, 2012

How crazy is it that these guys have a lance (we presume) of LAMs, plus the royal Battlemaster and whatever else we haven't stolen from them yet?

EDIT: just noticed this while re-reading the prior battles

PoptartsNinja posted:

“They’ll see her landing,” Commander Ryoji commented almost idly. “If they brought a Union or a trio of Leopards, they could launch fighters.”

“They’d have a bear of a time recovering them,” and that was true enough. Launching fighters from a grounded DropShip wasn’t impossible; but without an airstrip landing them would be. She just had to hope the enemy commander hadn’t thought to have a dirt strip built—or that, even if he had, the crew aboard their ships had been too unwilling to work in the bitter cold to get one finished in such a short time. “And an Aqueduct’s no threat to BattleMechs and easily crippled on the ground.”

“That’s a good point,” Ryoji agreed. “If I were in the enemy commander’s shoes, I wouldn’t put up birds unless I was certain your team was in trouble. As long as we keep sending irregular, garbled transmissions from the Falcon they probably won’t worry. IV5267’s a bit of a pain to broadcast through.”

Are LAMs easier to recover? Will they fit into the aerotech bays in airmech mode?

propatriamori fucked around with this message at 03:39 on Jan 27, 2024

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

propatriamori posted:

Are LAMs easier to recover? Will they fit into the aerotech bays in airmech mode?

Sort-of. They can convert and stay in 'Mech mode for refueling and all AeroSpace fighters can transition from air to space without issue, so they can just hang out until the DropShip launches and get recovered then.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
Showdown at High Noon 4-7

Rampart’s elation was as fierce as it was temporary. The Crusader’s explosion had been spectacular, the ‘Mech simply vanished in a fireball that left behind only shattered limbs and twisted ceramet. It felt strange to celebrate causing a death; but she was starting to grow accustomed to the necessity. She’d never wanted to be involved in fights to the death, but better an enemy than a friend.

As if to punish her happiness, the Stalker swiveled and leveled its weaponry at her. Lasers and missiles scoured away the Ostsol’s armor, but her status board flashed green. Nothing had gotten through—if only just barely. The sound of exploding SRMs was lost among the secondary detonations of what little remained of the Crusader’s ammunition.

“Armor’s getting a bit thin, boss,” she announced calmly. She could still fight, but losing her new Ostsol so soon after losing her Blackjack would be a black mark.

“Our infantry is boarding now,” Prodigal replied. “We just have to hold out a little longer, and we can use the ship’s guns to drive off anything we can’t take out.”

Movement Phase
[n/a]

AeroSpace Movement Phase
Unknown Medium LAM
- Initiates AirMech conversion, exits AeroSpace map. Deploys onto surface map on hex 1628!

Unknown Light LAM
- Initiates AirMech conversion, exits AeroSpace map. Deploys onto surface map on hex 1628!

Shooting Phase
Hoplite (Player)
- Fires LB-10X [Slug] at Unknown Heavy Mech 2 (2 Gunnery + 2 range + 1 movement + 1 enemy movement + 1 light woods = 7): rolled 5, missed!
- Fires Medium Laser at Unknown Heavy Mech 2 (2 Gunnery + 4 range + 1 movement + 1 enemy movement + 1 light woods = 9): rolled 6, missed!
- Fires Medium Laser at Unknown Heavy Mech 2 (2 Gunnery + 4 range + 1 movement + 1 enemy movement + 1 light woods = 9): rolled 7, missed!
- gains 9 heat, sinks 16!

Rifleman (Player)
- Fires ER Large Laser at Unknown Medium LAM (4 Gunnery + 0 range + 2 movement + 4 enemy movement - 2 airborne target = 8): rolled 2, missed!
- Fires ER Large Laser at Unknown Medium LAM (4 Gunnery + 0 range + 2 movement + 4 enemy movement - 2 airborne target = 8): rolled 11, hit Rear Center Torso (0/5 armor, 13/16 structure remaining)! Crit!
- - Unknown Medium LAM suffers a critical chance in Center Torso: rolled 6, no critical hit sustained!
- Fires Ultra AC/5 [Ultra] at Unknown Medium LAM (4 Gunnery + 2 range + 2 movement + 4 enemy movement - 2 airborne target = 10): rolled 10, with a cluster roll of (9 + 1 = 10) 2 shells hit Rear Center Torso (8/16 structure remaining (Crit!)), Left Arm (5/10 armor remaining)!
- - Unknown Medium LAM suffers a critical chance in Center Torso: rolled 8, 1 critical hit sustained!
- - - rolled 5, lower. Rolled 3: Engine hit!
- Fires Ultra AC/5 [Ultra] at Unknown Medium LAM (4 Gunnery + 2 range + 2 movement + 4 enemy movement - 2 airborne target = 10): rolled 7, missed!
- gains 30 heat, sinks 20! Overheating!

Ostsol (Player)
- Fires Large Pulse Laser at Crusader (3 Gunnery + 0 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement - 2 pulse laser = 3): rolled 9, hit Rear Left Torso (0/6 armor, 12/15 structure remaining)! Crit!
- - Crusader suffers a critical chance in Left Torso: rolled 8, 1 critical hit sustained!
- - - LRM-15 ammo hit!
- Fires Large Pulse Laser at Crusader (3 Gunnery + 0 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement - 2 pulse laser = 3): rolled 8, hit Rear Right Torso (0/6 armor, 12/15 structure remaining)! Crit!
- - Crusader suffers a critical chance in Right Torso: rolled 5, no critical hits sustained!
- Fires Medium Laser at Crusader (3 Gunnery + 0 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement = 5): rolled 2, missed!
- Fires Medium Laser at Crusader (3 Gunnery + 0 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement = 5): rolled 7, hit Rear Center Torso (0/8 armor, 19/21 structure remaining)! Crit!
- - Crusader suffers a critical chance in Center Torso: rolled 8, 1 critical hit sustained!
- - - rolled 6, lower. Rolled 3, engine hit!
- gains 28 heat, sinks 32!

Thunderbolt (Player)
- Torso-twists to threaten hex 1909!
- Fires Large Laser at Catapult (3 Gunnery + 0 range + 3 movement + 1 enemy movement = 7): rolled 9, hit Right Arm (1/10 structure remaining)! Crit!
- - Catapult suffers a critical chance in Right Arm: rolled 7, no critical hits sustained!
- Fires Medium Laser at Catapult (3 Gunnery + 0 range + 3 movement + 1 enemy movement = 7): rolled 9, hit Right Leg (19/24 armor remaining)!
- Fires Machine Gun at Catapult (3 Gunnery + 0 range + 3 movement + 1 enemy movement = 7): rolled 8, hit Right Arm (0/10 structure remaining)! Right arm blown off!
- - 1 damage transfers to Right Torso (21/22 armor remaining)!
- Fires Machine Gun at Catapult (3 Gunnery + 0 range + 3 movement + 1 enemy movement = 7): rolled 12, hit Right Leg (17/24 armor remaining)!
- Fires Machine Gun at Catapult (3 Gunnery + 0 range + 3 movement + 1 enemy movement = 7): rolled 9, hit Right Leg (15/24 armor remaining)! TAC!
- - Catapult suffers a through-armor critical chance in Right Leg: rolled 4, no critical hit sustained!
- Fires LRM-15 at Stalker (3 Gunnery + 0 range + 3 movement + 0 enemy movement + 1 minimum range + 0 Multi-Trac Targeting = 7): rolled 11, with a cluster roll of 6: 9 missiles hit Left Torso (11/26 armor remaining), Left Torso (6/26 armor remaining)!
- gains 15 heat, sinks 16! Overheating!

BattleMaster (Player)
- Fires ER PPC at Stalker (3 Gunnery + 0 range + 1 movement + 0 enemy movement + 1 light woods = 5): rolled 6, hit Right Leg (12/32 armor remaining)!
- Fires PPC at Stalker (3 Gunnery + 0 range + 1 movement + 0 enemy movement + 1 light woods = 5): rolled 10, hit Right Arm (15/25 armor remaining)! TAC!
- - Stalker suffers a through-armor critical chance in Right Arm: rolled 9, 1 critical hit sustained!
- - - Rolled 4, lower. Rolled 3, medium laser destroyed!
- Fires Medium Laser at Stalker (3 gunnery + 2 range + 1 movement + 0 enemy movement + 1 light woods = 7): rolled 8, hit Left Arm (15/25 armor remaining)!
- Fires Medium Laser at Stalker (3 gunnery + 2 range + 1 movement + 0 enemy movement + 1 light woods = 7): rolled 5, missed!
- Fires Medium Laser at Stalker (3 gunnery + 2 range + 1 movement + 0 enemy movement + 1 light woods = 7): rolled 10, hit Head (4/9 armor remaining)! TAC!
- - Stalker suffers a through-armor critical chance in Head: rolled 5, no critical hits sustained!
- Fires Large Pulse Laser at Stalker (3 Gunnery + 2 range + 1 movement + 0 enemy movement + 1 light woods - 2 pulse laser = 5): rolled 5, hit Right Torso (12/26 armor remaining)!
- Fires Medium Laser at Stalker (3 gunnery + 2 range + 1 movement + 0 enemy movement + 1 light woods = 7): rolled 7, hit Right Arm (10/25 armor remaining)!
- gains 49 heat, sinks 34!

Stalker
- Fires ER Large Laser at Ostsol (3 Gunnery + 0 range + 1 movement + 1 enemy movement = 5): rolled 7, hit Right Arm (3/16 armor remaining)!
- Fires Medium Laser at Ostsol (3 Gunnery + 0 range + 1 movement + 1 enemy movement = 5): rolled 9, hit Left Arm (11/16 armor remaining)!
- Fires Medium Laser at Ostsol (3 Gunnery + 0 range + 1 movement + 1 enemy movement = 5): rolled 6, hit Right Leg (10/22 armor remaining)!
- Fires Medium Laser at Ostsol (3 Gunnery + 0 range + 1 movement + 1 enemy movement = 5): rolled 6, hit Left Leg (17/22 armor remaining)!
- Fires Medium Laser at Ostsol (3 Gunnery + 0 range + 1 movement + 1 enemy movement = 5): rolled 2, missed!
- Fires SRM-6 at Ostsol (3 Gunnery + 0 range + 1 movement + 1 enemy movement = 5): rolled 10, with a cluster roll of 7: 4 missiles hit Left Arm (9/16 armor remaining), Right Leg (8/22 armor remaining), Right Torso (5/22 armor remaining), Right Torso (3/22 armor remaining)!
- Fires SRM-6 at Ostsol (3 Gunnery + 0 range + 1 movement + 1 enemy movement = 5): rolled 5, with a cluster roll of 5: 3 missiles hit Right Torso (1/22 armor remaining), Right Leg (6/22 armor remaining), Center Torso (23/25 armor remaining)!
- gains 34 heat, sinks 32! Overheating!

Catapult
- Fires ER PPC at Thunderbolt (3 gunnery + 0 range + 1 movement + 2 enemy movement = 6): rolled 10, hit Right Torso (4/24 armor remaining)!
- Fires ER PPC at Thunderbolt (3 gunnery + 0 range + 1 movement + 2 enemy movement = 6): rolled 11, hit Center Torso (17/30 armor remaining)!
- gains 31 heat, sinks 32!

Crusader
- Fires LRM-15 at Thunderbolt ([3 + 1 heat = 4] gunnery + 2 range + 2 movement + 2 enemy movement = 9): rolled 8, missed!
- Fires LRM-15 at Thunderbolt ([3 + 1 heat = 4] gunnery + 2 range + 2 movement + 2 enemy movement = 9): rolled 7, missed!
- gains 17 heat, sinks 10!

Unknown Heavy ‘Mech #2
- Torso-twists to threaten hex 0810!
- Fires AC/5 [Precision Ammo] at BattleMaster (3 gunnery + 0 range + 2 movement + [0] enemy movement (precision ammo) + 1 light woods = 6): rolled 10, hit Left Leg (21/26 armor remaining)!
- Fires Medium Laser at Heavy APC 2 (3 gunnery + 0 range + 2 movement + 2 enemy movement + 1 secondary target = 8): rolled 6, missed!
- gains 6 heat, sinks 10!

Unknown Medium LAM
- Fires ER Large Laser at Hoplite (3 gunnery + 0 range + 1 movement + 0 enemy movement + 1 light woods = 5): rolled 4, missed!
- Fires Medium Laser at Hoplite (3 gunnery + 0 range + 1 movement + 0 enemy movement + 1 light woods = 5): rolled 7, hit Right Arm (13/18 armor remaining)!
- Fires Medium Laser at Hoplite (3 gunnery + 0 range + 1 movement + 0 enemy movement + 1 light woods = 5): rolled 3, missed!
- Fires Medium Laser at Hoplite (3 gunnery + 0 range + 1 movement + 0 enemy movement + 1 light woods = 5): rolled 7, hit Left Torso (5/18 armor remaining)!
- Gains 28 heat, sinks 24!

Unknown Light LAM
- Holds fire!
- Gains 2 heat, sinks 20!

Marsden CWT #1 (Ally)
- Fires Medium Rifle at Unknown Light LAM (4 gunnery + 2 range + 2 movement + 4 enemy movement = 12): rolled 11, missed!

Marsden CWT #2 (Ally)
- Fires Medium Rifle at Catapult (4 gunnery + 2 range + 1 movement + 1 enemy movement = 8): rolled 4, missed!

Heavy Tracked APC #1 (Ally)
- Holds fire!

Heavy Tracked APC #2 (Ally)
- Holds fire!

SnowCAT #1 (Ally)
- Holds fire!

SnowCAT #2 (Ally)
- Holds fire!

SnowCAT #3 (Ally)
- Holds fire!

Shooting End Phase
Ostsol (Player)
- Must pass a piloting test or fall (4 gunnery + 1 massive damage = 5): rolled 6, succeeds!

Thunderbolt (Player)
- Must pass a piloting test or fall (4 gunnery + 1 massive damage = 5): rolled 6, succeeds!

Crusader
- LRM-15 ammo explodes in Left Torso! Crusader suffers 105 damage to Left Torso (0/24 armor, 0/15 structure remaining)! Torso destroyed! Left arm blown off!
- - 87 damage transfers to Center Torso (0/34 armor, 0/21 structure remaining)! Mech destroyed!
- - - 34 damage vents harmlessly!

Catapult
- Must pass a piloting test or fall (4 gunnery + 1 massive damage = 5): rolled 10, succeeds!

Stalker
- Must pass a 3+ consciousness test: rolled 9, succeeds!
- Must pass a piloting test or fall (4 gunnery + 1 massive damage = 5): rolled 7, succeeds!

Melee Phase
Ostsol (player)
- Primary target destroyed!

Unknown Heavy ‘Mech 2
- Kicks Heavy Tracked APC 2 (4 piloting + 2 movement + 2 enemy movement - 2 kick = 6): rolled 7, hit Left Side (1/13 armor remaining)!

Melee End Phase
[n/a]

Heat Phase
Heat applied!

End Phase
[n/a]

Next Turn’s Movement Phase
Heavy Tracked APC 1 (Ally)
- Boards DropShip
- Deploys Marine Platoon Alpha (Troop Strength +21)
- Deploys Marine Platoon Beta (Troop Strength +21)

Unknown Light LAM
- Activates conversion gear, converts to ‘Mech mode!

Map Link

Objectives
Primary Objective
- Capture the Enemy DropShip (0/1)
- - Overwhelm DropShip Troop Strength (42/46)
- - Turns until the Turncoat is Overwhelmed (6/12)

Secondary Objective
- Defeat Enemy BattleMech Lance (0/4)
- Keep All Enemy Mechs Engaged for 3 Turns (Complete):
- - Unknown Heavy ‘Mech 2 Engaged (Failed)

Player Status:

Ally Status:

OpForce Status:

Special Rules
Glacial Exposure: Ejecting pilots suffer 1 automatic pilot damage.

Light Autocannon Tweaks
- Autocannon/5s can fire singly or burst fire two shots as per the Ultra Autocannon rules, with the standard chance to jam.
- Autocannon/2s can fire singly or burst fire three shots as per the Ultra Autocannon rules, with the standard chance to jam.
- Ultra Autocannons don't jam, and receive a +2 bonus on cluster table rolls at short range, +1 at medium range, and +0 at long range.

Small Weapon Tweaks
- Weapons with a range of 3 or less only have a short range bracket.

PoptartsNinja fucked around with this message at 04:02 on Jan 29, 2024

Octatonic
Sep 7, 2010

Good turn for the players! Maybe bad news for that apc and our allied mech next turn maybe! You still got an ERPPC and a whole mech off the board though.

wedgekree
Feb 20, 2013
It's a start! You've got the assault teams boarding!

vorebane
Feb 2, 2009

If that apc right next to the dropship gets in, we've all but won. whatever we can do to engage the plethora of enemy mechs surrounding it, we should.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

PoptartsNinja posted:

BattleMaster (Player)
- Fires Medium Laser at Stalker (3 gunnery + 2 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement + 1 light woods = 8): rolled 10, hit Head (4/9 armor remaining)! TAC!

Shouldn't the Stalker need to take a consciousness test for the head hit?

painedforever
Sep 12, 2017

Yes! One down!

Should I get after the Dragon next?

propatriamori
Feb 13, 2012

Am I the only one who just desperately wants to charge those guys into the dropship pit. Both the Catapult and the LAM are right next to it

I don't have the MP to do it, but dang that pit is just right there

Also wewt Obligation Lance. Good kill on the Crusader! The Catapult is drat near defanged. The Dragon got the kick off on the APC but that wasn't enough to stop it.

painedforever posted:

Should I get after the Dragon next?

That light LAM might actually be more threatening to you in the short term? Three front-arc lasers plus jump six?

I think I'm going to continue shooting at the Stalker, simply because I (the Battlemaster) think I want to continue shooting the PPC and it's at range six and the Dragon and LAM are at seven. This time I think I'll actually use the large pulse laser + PPC combo, though. Just one point less damage for 5 less heat. I think I've been underutilizing it. Unfortunately the Stalker can continue taking a beating for a while, but so can I, and it seems like neither of us is going anywhere this turn.

I'll have a bit of a think and wait til tomorrow to submit, though.

There's also fighters on the board to the south. Don't know what to make of those except that the swing-wings seem really prominent.

propatriamori fucked around with this message at 04:01 on Jan 28, 2024

propatriamori
Feb 13, 2012

PoptartsNinja posted:

BattleMaster (Player)
- Fires ER PPC at Stalker (3 Gunnery + 0 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement + 1 light woods = 6): rolled 6, hit Right Leg (12/32 armor remaining)!
- Fires PPC at Stalker (3 Gunnery + 0 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement + 1 light woods = 6): rolled 10, hit Right Arm (15/25 armor remaining)! TAC!
- - Stalker suffers a through-armor critical chance in Right Arm: rolled 9, 1 critical hit sustained!
- - - Rolled 4, lower. Rolled 3, medium laser destroyed!
- Fires Large Pulse Laser at Stalker (3 Gunnery + 2 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement + 1 light woods - 2 pulse laser = 6): rolled 5, missed!
- Fires Medium Laser at Stalker (3 gunnery + 2 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement + 1 light woods = 8): rolled 7, missed!
- Fires Medium Laser at Stalker (3 gunnery + 2 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement + 1 light woods = 8): rolled 8, hit Left Arm (15/25 armor remaining)!
- Fires Medium Laser at Stalker (3 gunnery + 2 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement + 1 light woods = 8): rolled 5, missed!
- Fires Medium Laser at Stalker (3 gunnery + 2 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement + 1 light woods = 8): rolled 10, hit Head (4/9 armor remaining)! TAC!
- - Stalker suffers a through-armor critical chance in Head: rolled 5, no critical hits sustained!
- gains 49 heat, sinks 34!

sorry for the double post, but PTN I want to double-check: I walked this turn, otherwise the reverse-and-turn is totally invalid, right? I think both my heat and my movement mod reflect running instead (I count 47 total from my weapons, +1 for walk). I think that also means the large pulse laser shot would've hit, and the first medium laser shot? Or am I missing something?

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
No, you're correct. This is what happens when I have to work late, I can't do the update in one big push, I have to do it in bits and pieces as time allows.

I'll get that fixed ASAP.

Scintilla
Aug 24, 2010

I BEAT HIGHFORT
and all I got was this
jackass monkey
That was a pretty fantastic turn. Great job Goonlance. Just gotta keep that last APC safe and you'll have this mission in the bag.

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe
Rifleman

Overheating like a MF so moving to 1622 and taking a pot shot at the Stalker.

propatriamori
Feb 13, 2012

Parents: are your dropships safe? You won't believe what this Star League lance does

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
Hoplite

Going to shotgun the Stalker.

vorebane
Feb 2, 2009

Jumping to behind that medium LAM and unloading on him. Also tossing LRMs at the stalker, I am presuming the catapult cant attack our apc.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
They were only safe until one APC started unloading infantry, now everything's fair game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

propatriamori
Feb 13, 2012

Battlemaster

Shooting the LPLAS and PPC at the Stalker and remaining in place for right now. Once I've cooled down again I'll move toward the Dropship.

Orders in.