Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ardlen
Sep 30, 2005
WoT

Alternate here. Good luck everyone!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ardlen
Sep 30, 2005
WoT

PTN also uses floating crits, so there's another 2d6 roll of 8 (13.9% chance) to pick the left torso.

Ardlen
Sep 30, 2005
WoT

And light buildings should have somewhere between 1-15 CF if you want to start shooting or kicking them.

Ardlen
Sep 30, 2005
WoT

That Streak SRM-2 just cannot get enough ammo explosions!

:black101:

Ardlen
Sep 30, 2005
WoT

Agreed, probably going to need to use partial cover and line of sight games instead of movement modifiers for defense.

Ardlen
Sep 30, 2005
WoT

Grandpa in the Hoplite here.
I'll be moseying up to 0622 while all you speed demons run ahead.

painedforever posted:

Blackjack

I reckon I can walk up to 0620...? It's been a while, jeez. And then I'll hold fire.
You might want to double-check you're looking at the right 'Mech; the Blackjack is the one on the east bank in 1226.

Ardlen
Sep 30, 2005
WoT

PTN, looks like you used last turn's enemy movement map instead.

Edit: It is hilarious that the OpForce is broadcasting everything in the clear.

Ardlen fucked around with this message at 03:34 on Aug 22, 2023

Ardlen
Sep 30, 2005
WoT

The movement line is yellow, so that should mean they jumped.

Ardlen
Sep 30, 2005
WoT

Captain Foo posted:

Sentinel

I think I should be able to W6 to 0518 and get shots on Roger in 0712?
I think it would take 7? Either walk around (4 hexes traversed, turn 3 times) or walk forward (3 hexes traversed, 4 elevation changes).

Ardlen
Sep 30, 2005
WoT

AJ_Impy posted:

Mongoose

It's been too long since I've had to math out movement through water. 8 walk MP, one elevation change to enter water, move through two subsequent water hexes, one elevation change to exit the water, am I missing any costs or additional factors?
If you are trying to get to 0514, it should be: 4 hexes traversed + 3 water hexes + 2 elevation changes = 9 mp.

Ardlen
Sep 30, 2005
WoT

That'll wake Roger up! :black101:

Hoplite

I'm considering just standing still and firing at the nearby Stinger. Can't really move far enough to get a move mod, and at least I have cover where I am.

Ardlen
Sep 30, 2005
WoT

Captain Foo posted:

Yeah, being 4/6 is brutal in this terrain.
Tell me about it!

Hoplite

I'm heading to 0420 to get a bit of cover and shooting the Clint(?).

Ardlen
Sep 30, 2005
WoT

PTNs dice really are out for blood - head hits and landing in rapids both!

AJ_Impy posted:

Orders in. Claiming 0619 and making a start on the Thunderbolt.

Hoplite
In that case, I'll claim 0620 and start working on the Thunderbolt too.

Ardlen
Sep 30, 2005
WoT

Hoplite

I can't really get a better move mod or play any range games with the Thunderbolt, so my plan is to just keep firing at it from here.

Ardlen fucked around with this message at 08:47 on Sep 3, 2023

Ardlen
Sep 30, 2005
WoT

So, uh, is there any way to capture that unconscious Stinger pilot?

Ardlen fucked around with this message at 07:13 on Sep 7, 2023

Ardlen
Sep 30, 2005
WoT

Hoplite

I'm thinking about going to 0720 to try to shoot the leg off the unconscious Stinger, but facing back towards 0620 so I can advance towards the rear in following turns.

Other option is to start leaving now?

I'm slow, so right now I'm 3 turns away from escape, but if I stick around to shoot the Stinger, it'd be 4.

Probably only shoot the Thunderbolt if it doesn't interfere with us leaving safely.

Edit: If PTN wanted us to go down swinging, our objective would definitely say so. It's happened before!

Ardlen fucked around with this message at 22:59 on Sep 7, 2023

Ardlen
Sep 30, 2005
WoT

Orders are in.

Ardlen
Sep 30, 2005
WoT

I'm loving that Grandpa tried to play it off, even if it didn't work out.

Hoplite

Orders in; I'll hold fire while we hopefully treat with the Thunderbolt. I'll head to 0525 and then hold there until we're all ready to go.

Captain Foo posted:

Sentinel

I think I can get to 0624 facing off the bottom of the board
I'd be careful about giving the Fake SLDF back shots.

Ardlen
Sep 30, 2005
WoT

PoptartsNinja posted:

Just keep in mind: just because the fluff wants to make friends with the Thunderbolt hasn't removed it from the OpForce side of the force list.
Hoplite
I guess I should amend my orders to keep shooting it, especially since it's still a secondary objective. Friendship through firepower!

I'll take 0725.

Ardlen
Sep 30, 2005
WoT

Alright Goonlance, I think it is past time to bug out. Should the left bank 'Mechs stick around an extra turn to keep the right bank company?

PTN, do we just need to reach the bottom border to retreat?

Ardlen fucked around with this message at 07:27 on Sep 12, 2023

Ardlen
Sep 30, 2005
WoT

Captain Foo posted:

Sentinel

Gonna run to 0427

AJ_Impy posted:

Mongoose

Orders in, weapons cold in recognition of the tentative truce, taking 0427 to give everyone else max room to work in.
Looks like you both want the same hex!

Hoplite
Looking to take 0527, unless one of you want it.

Ardlen
Sep 30, 2005
WoT

Hoplite

No orders because I'm already booking it.

Good luck!

Ardlen
Sep 30, 2005
WoT

Run, Blackjack, run!

Those are some seriously clutch guts rerolls.

Ardlen
Sep 30, 2005
WoT

Nicely done! The terrain was rough without jumpjets, but we all managed to survive somehow!

I'm really interested in learning what the deal is with the pirates and the fake SLDF.

Ardlen
Sep 30, 2005
WoT

This is just what happens when your chief engineer has watched too much Voltron.

Ardlen
Sep 30, 2005
WoT

Gwaihir posted:

Hoplite

I'm heading to 1410 to prep for hopping up on the berm firing position the following turn. I can lob a max range shot at the battlemaster, but that's about it.

E: crap I can only make it to 1409, and I have neither range nor los. Ah well.
You could also do 1608 facing south (giving you a shot at the unknown in 2614) to prep for getting on the berm at 1612 if you like that firing position better.

Ardlen fucked around with this message at 03:27 on Oct 14, 2023

Ardlen
Sep 30, 2005
WoT

TheParadigm posted:

Well, we're gonna have to charge down to save the sentinel soon and hope the hunchie whiffs.

Blackjack
I'm going to 2016 to shoot the talos and committing to 1923 next turn.
Maybe weaken it a bit for the hoplite next turn.
I think you're going to be 1 mp shy of making it to 2016.

Ardlen
Sep 30, 2005
WoT

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

What does automatic upper mean in the context of crits?
Normally most 'Mech sections have 12 slots, and to determine crits you roll once to choose the upper or lower 6 slots, then roll another d6 to see what was crit. If a slot is empty, you roll again until something is hit.

Automatic upper just means that the lower 6 slots are empty, so there's no need for that first upper/lower selector roll.

Ardlen
Sep 30, 2005
WoT

glwgameplayer posted:

Mongoose

I'm out of tricks and cleverness. I'm just gonna slide over to 1924 and pray that my lasers hit their mark. Hiding in the woods seemed like a great idea at the time but now I'm finding that my maneuverability really took a hit
Why not 2024 to at least get partial cover and guard your legs?

Ardlen
Sep 30, 2005
WoT

Looks like Grandpa discovered the Battlemaster's "Weak Head Armor" Quirk!

Ardlen
Sep 30, 2005
WoT

Either torso on the Hunchback is good to shoot. The right torso has the AC/20, but the left torso has all the AC/20 ammo.

Ardlen
Sep 30, 2005
WoT

SirPhoebos posted:

Can the Rifleman take action against the fighters? That's what it's built for after all.
Looks like the fighters already left the map this turn, but no reason it cannot join Grandpa in AA fire when they come back.

Ardlen
Sep 30, 2005
WoT

I know the clanners it wrecked would disagree, but there was nothing illegal about the RAS-04a Atlas III "King Atlas" taking down a star of 'Mechs in 3 turns.

Ardlen
Sep 30, 2005
WoT

Looks like putting a Pilot called "Crasher" in their experimental LAM wasn't the best idea!

Ardlen fucked around with this message at 01:23 on Feb 4, 2024

Ardlen
Sep 30, 2005
WoT

Looks like GoonLance killed all four of the 'Mech pilots! :black101:

Ardlen
Sep 30, 2005
WoT

Does the baffled heat sinks quirk mean it won't show up on thermals?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ardlen
Sep 30, 2005
WoT

Can the King Karnovs also deploy our attack subs?