Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What are your gaming plans for the summer?
This poll is closed.
Win at video games 37 23.72%
Hone gaming skills 27 17.31%
Unlock hardcore mode achievements 14 8.97%
More grinding 24 15.38%
Post about video games 54 34.62%
Total: 82 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I read it to make sure Atelier Marie Remake was on the list (it wasn't)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

unattended spaghetti posted:

Valkyrie Profile on modern platforms thank gently caress, also where’s II?

2 apparently has some truly insane coding behind the scenes. Even the backwards-compatible PS3s have weird emulation bugs playing it.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Myst is mostly remembered for its first game cause it was so absurdly, wildly popular and was a huge driver of CD-ROM sales, but don't sleep on the sequels. Riven, Myst III, and Myst IV are all excellent. (Myst V is bad though)

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
accomplishing things is way better than watching a video of the cutscene you get for accomplishing it

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
rf5 is the best the series has been as like, a game, but the writing is a lot less fun than 3 and 4, yeah, and that's usually the main draw.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
trying to imagine the mindset that comes out of totk and thinks 'you know what i want to talk about about this game for the next year? the cutscenes'

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
DOS2 was too dang long. In the penultimate area, I decided that if I didn't mainline the story I'd just burn out, so I skipped a bunch of sidequests. But the level/gear curve is so tight that I was basically stuck in the next area with no fights that were doable. So I stopped.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Gaius Marius posted:

Sleeping is bullshit. That's seven hours wasted every night.

Yup

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Vermain posted:

a lot of older classics are replayment roughies after decades of genre refinement and technology changes. like, dark souls 1 was a genuine classic and a significant RE4-level influence on the modern gaming landscape, but playing it today feels like you're slowly driving a person-shaped shopping cart around while enemies swing at you with all the speed and ferocity of a sliding door at a mall

It's better slower, bloodborne was wrong

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
six ages 2 has a release date now, august 21

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ImWihO2wL8

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
It's not new but play Master of Orion 2

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

ChickenHeart posted:

More Castlevania anime on the horizon

https://youtu.be/wYvJZ3Itw8A

Keeping the mood of the original anime is a poor choice for rondo imo. Rondo is the story of a himbo and a cutesy little girl slapsticking their way into beating up a played-straight dracula