Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Okay, here's a question.

I have [what I think is] an original Friday the 13th part VIII poster, the "I Jason New York" one. And at the bottom the release date is obviously a reapplied sticker. My issue is that I know the poster went through a bunch of revisions and the release date changed, so that may be the reason for the sticker if it is indeed an original. It could also be hiding a video release date or something else in order to appear original. The only way I could know is removing the sticker which would damage the poster. I just realized I don't have actually have a question.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

The one that bothers me most is the prominent The Thing poster in Stranger Things. That movie infamously completely tanked at the box office! Nobody would have gave a poo poo about that poster!

They also show the kids watching Day of the Dead in the theater. There's no way a small local cinema would run an unrated film like that, much less let a bunch of thirteen year olds in.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Xiahou Dun posted:

Seconding the Fulci Zombie and the Blind Dead series.

Also gotta throw some love on the Tom Savini remake of Night, proud member of the short list of Actually Good Remakes.

I still love the scene where Barbara interrupts all the arguing by shooting the one zombie over and over again while yelling at them "Is he dead? You're all seeing this, is he dead?!"

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
There are few ways for me to more quickly lose interest than to see "filmed back-to-back/simultaneously"

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
At least part V created some memorable characters even if they had two minutes of screen time. And people like Carol Locatell and Miguel Núñez are having a great loving time.

I used to have an '83 Oldsmobile in bad shape and there were at least a few times I found myself singing "a rat-a-tat-tat-tooie, come on motherfucker it ain't startin'"

Pope Corky the IX fucked around with this message at 13:03 on Aug 21, 2023

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Fake Jason adds to the absurdity of the movie. This goofy-looking ambulance driver just shakes off getting hit with a bulldozer.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Freddy Worm vs Jason Worm

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
I really wish Duke would have been full of poo poo. Because otherwise the entire movie is “Okay, but how do you know this?”

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Jason Goes to Hell is bizarre because apparently they wanted to make a more "grown-up" movie by casting mostly people in their thirties and older, but too much is cartoonish and nobody behaves like a real person.

EDIT: Also, am I misremembering or are the FBI agents actually in a circle around Jason at the beginning? How did they avoid shooting each other?

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
And Jason sounding like a room full of disgruntled men.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
For some reason that made me think of the Roxbury guys running into Patrick Bateman at a club.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
I feel like I saw Final Exam but so many movies around that time have similar titles.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

I dunno, the bit where the kids stage a school shooting to get out of taking their Final Exam is something

There we go, now I remember it.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

MacheteZombie posted:

Awww poo poo another tubi movie

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Thank you, I always liked the Halloween III masks.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Yeah, if forced to pick I'm picking pumpkin.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
I don't know why but I watched the latest Blair Witch and haha what the gently caress.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
There's a whole lot they shouldn't have done.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
I get emails from Tubi all the time with lists of everything that’s leaving the service but it never seems like anything actually does.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Pretty much the same crew worked on most of the first seven Saw movies, so what the gently caress was with the scene transitions in part IV out of nowhere? Like a guy throws a woman through a window of an apartment building and on the other side is a hallway at the police station.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

I just think it leans too heavily on Chevy Chase Being A Dickhead and is too disjointed to be properly horror or even properly comedic :shrug: It's an oddity, but it could've been really splattery. It's too tame to be Troma and too grotesque to be particularly funny, so it lands in this weird zone where it is mostly unsatisfying, but there's a lot of interesting weird poo poo in there that it could have been more.

That’s the problem with most Chevy Chase performances but it’s especially egregious in Nothing But Trouble because the whole point of his character is torturing an 80s NYC yuppie in a rural nightmare town.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
The eighties are depressing with the lack of dong.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
When was the Poltergeist television series made? I feel like it was in that late 80s to late 90s period where horror movies weren't doing too well in theaters so let's make a TV show instead.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Tom Atkins. In anything.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Demon Knight being so good made watching Bordello of Blood even more depressing.

EDIT: Watching clips of it, I forgot Dennis Miller took the part to act like an rear end in a top hat and complain about it on his show.

Pope Corky the IX fucked around with this message at 12:15 on Sep 15, 2023

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
I like when he’s forced to drop the act and starts tearing off his outfit while screaming “gently caress this cowboy poo poo! You loving hoedown podunk well-then-there motherfuckers! All you had to do was give me the goddamn key!” and then calmly “And then we could’ve gone on with our lives…”

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
It's bothering me that I can't remember which Halloween that pumpkin is from. I want to say the end of six and the flame gets snuffed out while Loomis is screaming?

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Thank you spooky pal.

EDIT: I remember seeing part six in the theater when I was twelve years old and even then saying "But it doesn't make any sense!" It may have been the first movie that really got to me like that.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
I love old Halloween commercials. It used to be the only time they'd be allowed to get creative.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
The new Children of the Corn is about corn politics.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
I recently watched all three Children of the Corn movies (1984, 2009, 2020) and they're all hilarious for different reasons. And some of the same reasons.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Meaning all three filmed versions of the original story.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
I didn't find out about that one until after I watched them, I'll still give it a shot.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
I love that they pad out the running time of the '84 one by just having the dude wander around silently looking for Linda Hamilton for loving ever.

EDIT: I'm most interested in seeing the "Oops, we hit a kid" scene because the others decided to make it funny for some reason.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
That reminds me of all the QR codes on the walls and poo poo in the background of scenes in Hostel III. Apparently there was going to be a whole thing but they scrapped it at the last second.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Please don’t.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

gey muckle mowser posted:

it’s not. The opening scene with Brad Dourif is the only good part

I remember the sequel having a really weird structure to it, like it was made by someone that didn't quite understand how a movie is supposed to progress.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
The ending of When a Stranger Calls Back is infuriating.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Is there a Fangsgiving?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Nothing But Trouble