Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

1000 Sweaty Rikers
Oct 13, 2005

CelticPredator posted:

Hail to the king.

I’m saving this if my house catches on fire.

very cool, man!

e: my favourite Raimi film is A Simple Plan

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1000 Sweaty Rikers
Oct 13, 2005

lol

saw Talk to Me with a couple friends a few weeks back. half-way through the movie I was afraid I was gonna get slapped for traumatising them, but they ended up loving it!

it was also cool to see a movie set in my home city of Adelaide, with the familiar local signage, busses and suburban settings.

1000 Sweaty Rikers
Oct 13, 2005

although not strictly horror (metaphysical horror maybe?) I watched Nicholas Cage's most recent film, "Dream Scenario" yesterday. definitely some spooky bits though.

I think it's one of the funniest films of the year and Cage's best work since Pig

1000 Sweaty Rikers
Oct 13, 2005

Chris James 2 posted:

Finished Saltburn. :rubby: I love

watched this today - crazy and bonkers, but in a good way

1000 Sweaty Rikers
Oct 13, 2005

Shrecknet posted:

The Outwaters is rear end and Machete Zombie and/or whoever else in this thread recommended it to me needs to eat a sixer.

Bro if you don't want to let me watch your movie, just don't release it.

Never been more frustrated than with this glacial, self-indulgent garbage. The commitment to FF was a horrific one, and the story (such as can be divined from approximately 1/20th of the actual movie, as most of it is pure black) does not justify its length in any way.

You didn't scare me, you made a movie where I can't see poo poo and then there's screeching noises and bright lights. That's not even Conjuring 'jump scare'-levels of competence.

In a way, though, the Outwaters does have one thing going for it: It teaches, in the most object lesson possible, why FF doesn't work. The two main issues are:

1) Why are you still filming this?
and
2) What does this gain from an authentic feel vs. traditional shot setups?

This movie has literally no answer for 1), and 2) is also laboriously rendered moot because of its incredibly outré effects and events. If I'm not meant to believe this actually occurred (which I don't, since they literally set up camp on time-looping alien land), then there's no way I'm excited to watch something that's just "a good movie, ruined by poo poo camerawork"

lol, I just finished watching this 30 min ago, and it was a slog. I've liked some FF stuff, but this was pretty bad.