Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How do you feel about the letter C?
Despise it.
Loathe it.
Hate it.
Ed Boon's parents were killed by the letter C section of a library and I personally, will not stand for this.
View Results

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

I am here to let you know that Johnny Cage is NOT afraid to die.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

"Yeah we're not doing kombat kids this time, sorry" - Ed Boon on this panel literally minutes before he announces Takeda in the DLC

He has to be stopped

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Pope Hilarius II posted:

A multiverse of MLMs

No, that's my fanfic

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

ImpAtom posted:

Man, Liu Kang's shooting kamehamehas and creating black holes now.

Who among us would not use their ultimate god of the universe powers to be Goku

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Gavok posted:

He's DLC. Very expensive!

You BROKE my COMBO?!

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

:chloe:

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Liu Kang has supreme god powers and still made himself a boomer

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

you think liu kang let 9/11 happen in his new timeline

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

his power is that he stole all the wicker off your grandma's favorite chair

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Reptile in the mud

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Yeah the marketing here is really bizarre

No official trailer for the invasion mode? No trailer for the last characters? Absolutely nothing about the gear customization poo poo? Steam page and official site can't make up their minds about whether it has crossplay or not?

I guess they want leaks to do the heavy lifting, copies are out in the wild now

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Jamesman posted:

It seems the five characters that are shown as "locked" would be the 5 characters you get for buying the Super Ultra Special Deluxe version, so that slot could be an unlock or a placeholder for future DLC, or just Random. It's also there on the main roster selection screen.

The premium edition just gets you the DLC, and Shang Tsung is the preorder bonus for anyone.

There's just locked characters you get from the story mode, and 1 fighter and 1 kameo that are a secret unlock, it seems

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Jamesman posted:

It says right at the end of every video they've put out that the Premium Edition includes 5 Kameo characters.

Yeah that’s the first DLC pack

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

C. Everett Koop posted:

Liu Kang, agrucultural genius, gave them the most fertile of lands but only sparkling water of which to farm with.

Also, do we know which kharacter bleeds something other than red, or are kontent kreators hosed when it comes time to murder D'Vorah someone endlessly to get around YT's censorship rules?

It'll probably be Reptile, but afaik you can shift the screen to black and white and it's still hit or miss whether or not your stuff gets flagged. The dismemberment will also always be a problem no matter what

Only real solution is the game itself having a streamer mode

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Probably because they had to peel 30 years off his face

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Full story's been streamed and out there, be careful if you're browsing poo poo and trying to avoid spoilers.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

incorporeal posted:

I think it has some RPG elements to it and modifiers.

It's basically World of Light yeah

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

MKX did the guest stuff perfectly and everything so far everything afterward has been extremely "who cares"

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

I'm just waiting to see what the PC crossplay situation is

Currently this seems like a big healthy dose of get hosed

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

KungFu Grip posted:

so a thing regarding spoilers for unlocks

So if there's no actual final spot is the grey section just the random button on kharacter and kameo select screens or are they really going to do the Samurai Showdown thing where there's separate pages for the DLC

The button currently does nothing, so if it was meant to be a random button (or anything else) it's currently not functioning. It's likely it just opens the store page when those are live, because I'm pretty sure every other game has just changed up the roster screen to accommodate the DLC.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Johnny Postnemonic posted:

Its a chatacter called Violent Kobra, it unlocks on the tree stage after 500 flawless victory versus fights with no blocking. A witch will appear in the mouth of the tree if you do this, if you have a penny celotaped to your ps5 (console exclusive) violent kobra will unlock and hes got everyone but ermacs move set and does big damage!!! this is true me mate told me i saw it

I've messaged Ed and this is correct

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Wanderer posted:

What I'd imagine the real issue with the overall story is that somebody Kramered into the room during a writers' meeting and yelled "multiverses are hot right now! we need one!"

And that somebody is Ed Boon. If you follow him he posts gifs from Endgame all the time and talks about how there's never been a cooler cinematic moment than this and so on. He absolutely loves it.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Unbound posted:

Im having troubles figuring out how to actually use Kameos mid-combo. Seems like the button just does nothing a good 80% of the time. Am I just doing something wrong?

Most of them don't let you act while they're assisting unless they're "ambush" kameo moves and there aren't that many of them

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Doc Walrus posted:

I just remembered the kombat kids getting their poo poo wrecked on the pyramid lmao. I didn't mind them but it's really funny they put a "gently caress these characters" scene in there

What’s even funnier is that there’s a datamined early version of that cutscene that has them kicking rear end, presumably to lead into a segment where you fight them. That they chose to go with the version they did with the other one right there and basically complete aside from audio is extremely funny

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

https://twitter.com/mr_baconssauro/status/1703146940953756023

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

They've already said in interviews it's because MK sells gangbusters and Covid and switching to a new engine hurt their production schedule. If they did Injustice first they'd be 6 years without their biggest moneymaker

You don't need to make conspiracy theories based on the fact that media likes to make violent superheroes, they just want money dude

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Johnny Postnemonic posted:

People who play mileena and baraka in mk1 should be taken to the hauge

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

KungFu Grip posted:

regards to two of them there was files found that the scene where the Kombat Kids get chumped was supposed to be different, so maybe the dialogue for them might have been from there?

Unlikely since the interactions were specifically intro dialogues with Nitara

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Something else I saw re:potential DLC is an actual voiceline from a voice that sounds identical to Revenant from Apex Legends where he just says "Scorpion." It's possible he's at least an announcer, but he could be a character AND announcer like Omniman.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Johnny was too much of a wife guy and never wanted to hang out.

Liu Kang made sure he would never have this problem again

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

That stuff's pretty good but whoever decided to make ranked best of 5 needs to not decide anything anymore

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Good news, you can pay for the locked ones too! :v:

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Cithen posted:

Does anyone have a recommendation for a good Xbox controller with a decent d-pad?

Personally a fan of the Series X dpad, but if you want a classic style one the 8bitdo controllers are pretty good. Their Bluetooth Xbox controller also has Hall effect sticks that don’t drift, which is a nice bonus.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Sockser posted:

Dumb plothole question maybe

Liu Kang says like "OH NO ANOTHER DEADLY ALLIANCE?!"

But he shouldn't have any memory of DA because everything post-MK3 effectively got time-wiped by Raiden, right?

I was about to logic it out that somehow the knowledge had transferred between Raidens and then would be given to Liu Kang but whoops I've gone crosseyed

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

She was so brave to say this…

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Maybe related because it seems the game has combos only player 1 can do across the entire cast

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rplfGWn7w0I&t=70s

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Dads everywhere dismayed that there's a guest character that wasn't in a film released when they were 10