Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen

Dapper_Swindler posted:

there is some insane poo poo talking about how Hazbin has been canceled and how BIG A24 is disgusted by vivs behavior and its such weird poo poo.

also stolas and moxxie should arrive this week will post when they arrive.

I remember seeing some of that. The main 'sources' are anonymous tumblr posts pinkie-promising that they're legit, as far as I can tell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen

Flopsy posted:

I actually really like the direction of a bunch of these characters being initially shown as "villains" only for it to become clear down the line they're just people Blitzo hosed over who are understandably bitter about it. I really do want to see Verosika get her moment in the sun because from what little we heard about it Blitzo really did a number on the poor girl. Bad sex life, stealing from her, mocking her for her work as succubus (I mean what else is she supposed to do?) Just really nasty stuff all around. The only bad things Blitzo has to say about her are her drinking problem and her literally being a sex worker. Top it off with it being implied she developed the drinking habit as a way to cope with him and it spiraled from there.

The seeds for Verosika getting her turn have definitely been planted - "A reckless heartbreaking freak" was not how I expected her verse in Ozzie's song to end. She starts out exclusively mocking his bedroom failures, but by the end the real source of her anger and hurt comes through.

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen
I wonder how much Cherri's going to come up, the Addict video made me way more interested in her character.

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen
Stephanie Beatriz huh?

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen

gently caress you and your combs :argh:

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen
Stella's design is probably my favourite out of the entire cast. I do wish she had a little more depth, although maybe they're setting something up introducing her brother as such a clear manipulator of her.

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen

Dapper_Swindler posted:

seriously this. both the shows have disneyish musical numbers. i mean gently caress this is a literal disney "i want" song. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SaiUqekVrB4
its interesting seeing the new generation of animators(alot of the indie/ex newgrounds/tumblr/DA types) show off where they got their influences. her humor is very mature matured internet but the style is very musical theater and disney and burton/sellak. other indie animations have their own influences. its like disney and his animators were all vaudiville inspired. like most of the early disney movies are just vinyettes with a loose story.

As is this, right down to the animation style. Or at least half of it.

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen
I think Stolas will be the one to die on the grounds that he had a whole song about what Oktavia should do after he was dead, which seems like an odd choice of song to give a character who doesn't actually die. VA was covering his rear end :tinfoil:

I don't necessarily think that means he'd stay dead though.

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen
I can see it being something they bring more into his voice for added emphasis, like if he's genuinely angry about something.

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen
Song clips are making their way to youtube, love what I've heard so far.

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen
Angel's new VA knocked it out of the park in episode four, yeah. I think my favourite overall song is still Carmilla's duet with Vaggie though. That's also my favourite 'new' character alongside Zestial.

If there's any hope of a crossover between HB and this I hope it's Asmodeus showing up to wreck Valentino's poo poo.

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen

The Last Call posted:

Out of them all, the one we know to have deserved the hell ticket was Alastor

He was a serial killer. He died when hiding the body of one of his victims in the woods, a hunter mistook him for a deer and put a bullet in his forehead. When he does his whole demon thing, you can see a red x, that's where he was shot. His origin has changed over the years some. This is due to him being a character Viv came up with way back in High School before the Hazbin Hotel was even a concept.

I'm like 80% sure it's also canon that Angel and his entire family were mobsters when they were alive, and they're all together in hell.

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen

Cugel the Clever posted:

I'll celebrate if, after getting rejected by heaven despite demonstrating unambiguous goodness, Angel ends up saved after having a graphically intimate 5-minute relationship with Jesus Christ.

Anyway Cherri ending up as the 'genuinely well meaning but ultimately a bad influence' friend was interesting. I wonder if she'll ever be a guest.

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen
Sera saying that there's 'a lot that you don't know' and then at no point offering that information, if she's physically even capable of it like Pearl from SU, is also a failure of that system. If it can only function with absolute secrecy about how it works and blind faith in authority to say it's working just fine, potentially by force, is it really functioning at all?

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen
Vivzie just finished a stream Q&A with Charlie and Alastor's VAs, here's the video link.

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen
We also need to learn what happened to the egg boiz :smith:

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen

Flopsy posted:

Can I just say I very much appreciate Viv going that route with one of her oldest most favorite characters? It would've been easy to make him this unstoppable badass but she showed just what his arrogance gets him in excruciating detail.

It's been my experience with original characters that people who like their OCs want only good happy things for them, while people who love their OCs like to put them in the pear wiggler.

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Also on Adam, funny thing is if you go by the seven deadly sins, someone put it that it's entirely possible Adam managed to avoid them more out of lack of opportunities to be tempted when alive, rather than his own virtues. Given after being kicked out of Eden, he's not got much to be Proud about, and he's basically living a caveman life; he can't be Slothful because he'll starve to death, there's not gonna be enough food around for him to be idly Gluttonous for its own sake, there's not yet any concept of money or valuables to be Greedy for, and there's only one woman around to Lust over, his wife. Not sure on Wrath, but it was his son who was the first murderer, not himself.

Of course, he ends up demonstrating about all those sins as an angel, ironically, now that he he has ample opportunities to.

I remember reading a theory that in this setting, he didn't eat the apple himself. The show makes a point of only stating that Eve accepted the apple, not the equally important second part where she offers it to him and he accepts.

The reason he's in heaven could be that he never learned the concept of sin, unlike Eve and all who followed after did, and therefore is technically incapable of it. He's innocent, in the most biblical sense of the term. This translating into him being an edgy shitlord with no concept of shame and only being in heaven because he's God's special little guy is pretty great so I'm a believer.

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen

Crain posted:

I kinda want heaven to mirror hell: Have an absent ruler just completely dejected and depressed to the point of near abdication.

Lucifer is/was an absent ruler of hell. Completely disinterested in exercising power or keeping anything on anything even close to a plan. So the denizens just took over since "Power abhors a power vacuum".

I want heaven to be similar. Maybe Jesus is up there, or some interpretation of the Trinity just laying around in a bathrobe, completely zeroed out because no one actually followed the rules or the system got automated out from under them and it's not what they envisioned.

This also works with God being a horse, someone put a terrifying creature in their path perhaps and they're stuck.

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen

Data Graham posted:

"power bottom at rock bottom" top tier loving lyrics lmao

"But you've got company!"

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen
I cannot imagine a way to make your kids want to watch a show more than forbidding them from it.

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen

Funky Valentine posted:

Here's a fun thing, Stayed Gone in 12 languages (because that's how many dubs of this show they made apparently.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjJGaztXBQs

They seem to use a different radio filter for Alastor and to a lesser extent distortion for Vox's freakout in each language which is interesting.

I found a similar video for Poison and for whatever reason Angel's singing in Japanese sounded really different, like he's had some extra reverb added. I don't think the rest have it.

Pyrotoad fucked around with this message at 16:13 on Feb 29, 2024

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen

The Last Call posted:

Next season I expect the Vee's to use their media empire to do news attacks against Charlie, the hotel etc. in a bid to turn Hell against them.

But didn't they save hell from the exterminators I hear you ask? Yes, but since when does truth matter? Especially in Hell. And what can be more devestating than using certain truths along with some exaggerations or lies to attack your enemy?

Immediately after Charlie visits the angels, it gets announced the exterminations are happening half a year earlier.
One of the people at the hotel is an angel!
The angel was an exterminator meaning she killed untold amounts of them!
She's dating Charlie!
Was this an inside job?!
Is Charlie working with Heaven?
Is it all a trick.

Totally can see the Vee's going down this road and turning the public against them. Think Fox News, but in Hell.

With all the drones they got recording everything they can show various things and more to make them look even worse.

Vox will likely know Alastor and Charlie made a deal due to the green glow shining from her room thanks to the huge rear end window. He'll probably be terrified of what it might be.

Vee will dominate social media doing the attacks.

Val might use his physical forces to cause disturbances or protest near the hotel twenty four seven.

Didya know Vox has changed how he looked?

Old school TV style!

Or Charlie gets blamed for a bunch of demons trying to do the whole heroic sacrifice thing but not actually understanding what it meant for Sir Pentious to do that. Like a suicide booth in Futurama except one of the options is doing this to some random demon.

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen

Gothmog1065 posted:

The only issue with Adam coming back is the fact that he was killed with an angelic weapon, which makes you completely dead. So fake Adams could be possible, but unless they write him his own little loophole, First Dick Adam is dead.

I mean we know that's what happens when sinners/demons get hit with angelic weapons, maybe the rules are different for angelic beings being hit with their own weapons. Angels haven't been killed before so maybe we're about to find out what happens when an angel dies. Could be a factory reset or reincarnation back on Earth as a normal person for all we know.

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen

Data Graham posted:

It probably goes the other way too. Stolas being physically vulnerable to stab wounds is a big surprise to Blitzo. Seems like there's something in the wings about immortals becoming mortal. (Plus aging is clearly a big theme with Stolas already. Seems like the Goetias grow and age like imps do, but don't die?)

BTW, what was with Stolas' "eye trick" when tied to the tracks? Had that ever been mentioned before?

Could be the 'you don't die unless you're killed' brand of immortality, like the last unicorn. Simple time might as well not exist but nobody wants a rock to the face.

late edit: also regarding my previous comment about angels, I guess I meant it's more likely that we'll find out what happens when an angel dies, because now a named angel character has.

Pyrotoad fucked around with this message at 23:28 on Mar 6, 2024

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen

Gothmog1065 posted:

After rewatching the show again, I'm not a super fan of Husk and Angel's relationship. It just feels rushed and kind of forced. I just think they (at this point at least), would be better off as just friends instead of in some sort of romantic relationship.

I dunno, I can definitely buy the angle of Angel falling hard and fast for the first person to truly resonate with him, though I don't think Husk has been depicted as reciprocating those feelings though personally. Could be an interesting arc for Angel to decide if his feelings for Husk are genuinely love or if he's just revelling in the freedom Husk brought him.

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen

The Last Call posted:

The popular theory these days is that Vox likes Alastor, it's why he's so obssessed with him. Someone said there's a picture with him standing next to Alastor only with him cut out but didn't see it myself.

He does give Nemesis vibes.

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen

Flopsy posted:

Charlie is perf, Vaggie is also very close to the original, Angel, Husk and Alastor are...fine I suppose not bad or anything but just not on the level of the originals. Niffty is good too. Adam is actually one of the best and I give the voice actor a lot props but he's not on Alex Brightman's level when it comes to the songs. Alex can do a rocker voice and imitate instrument effects immaculately. It's a pretty heavy lift to emulate, so again not his fault if he can't match a broadway actor. Basically I give the japanese dub a B-. It's fine for what it is but it doesn't come close to the original. Best dubs I've heard are the Italian one which even by international standards is considered VERY good, Turkish, and European Spanish on occasion. Angel's Italian voice is so drat good that some even questioned if it was the original voice actor at some points. Their songs also have the closest possible translations to the english version.

Is there a way to see the dubs with their localised translations? I feel like I can't find things that are truly subtitled and not just the original english audio subtitles slapped on.

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen

Adrianics posted:

It's clear to me that it's biggest influence is in the very specific and impossible to describe culture that existed around 2000-2006 on message boards, Deviantart and Fanfiction.net.

That was exactly it for me too, watching the pilot was like watching all my favourite edgy childhood Original the Characters running around.

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen

Happy Landfill posted:

Immediately after hitting send I also thought of Hell Is Forever lol

What are we even talking about?! [Helluva Boss/Hazbin Hotel Megathread]

Propaganda

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen
So much Verosika :swoon:

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen
That same fire also killed Blitz's mother so I'm wondering if the father blocking Blitz from seeing Fizz wasn't intentional. Like he's a lovely guy, I could see him seeing Blitz in the hospital and dragging him out on sight regardless of why he's there, and then just spitefully telling him that nobody wants to see him. And Blitz, understandably, believed that included Fizz.

I dunno, I just prefer the idea of the root of Fizz and Blitz's miscommunication arc not being deliberate sabotage specifically to keep them apart, and more a lovely rear end in a top hat's throwaway comment having unforeseen consequences.

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen
I kinda want him to do that thing where someone lovely goes to therapy and learns to use therapy words to be even more lovely, but at the same time I'd be equally down for Adam becoming the ultimate proof of concept for the idea of redemption.

If the show's thesis is everyone can change to be better and everyone has nuance, but we never see the people being lovely 'live' ever doing so or having their nuance explored, it kinda takes the show's themes out at the knees. Kill your inner Lute.

Also I think having a bigoted rear end in a top hat like Adam realise he sucks, how he sucks and why he sucks and deciding not to be that way anymore would piss off all the kinds of people who complain about the show being too woke and pretend Adam is morally correct to kill sinners (they're out there, trust me).

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen
If they play her off more as an inevitable force of nature that will always exist and people must learn to manage within themselves, it could work. It's if you defeat them and everything is fine and dandy again that that tends to fail hardest. Having a root of all evil that actively influences/manipulates the cast and doesn't simply present the evil option for people to freely choose also cheapens a lot of the villains. If the root of all evil forced them to do it, and they didn't stand a chance at resisting, how can we call them evil?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen
If anyone else likes listening to people talk for almost two hours I've been really enjoying this guy's reaction series to both Hazbin and Helluva Boss. Here's his latest for episode 7 of HB for example.

Shout out to the six hour video ranking Hazbin songs, also.