Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fucker
Jan 4, 2013
sounds cool, im in :cheers:

The Master - 5/5
Malcolm - 2/5
House - 3/5
The Wrong Guy - 2/5
The Sword Of Doom - 2/5
Pale Flower - 4/5
Mandy - 3/5
Gamera: Guardian of the Universe - 2/5
Le Samouraï - 3/5
Hana-bi - 3/5
Speed Racer - 4/5
Crank 2 - 3/5
High Noon - 3/5
Tommy - 3/5
The Forbidden Zone - 1/5 :what:
Memories of Murder - 4/5
November - 4/5
Videodrome - 2/5
Bram Stoker's Dracula - 3/5
Killer Klowns from Outer Space - 3/5
Dog Soldiers - 2/5
The Thing - 5/5
The Secret of NIMH - 3/5
Synecdoche, New York - 4/5
Bacurau - 2/5
Streets of Fire - 2/5
Rocky - 3/5
Collateral - 4/5
The Fifth Element - 4/5
Joint Security Area - 3/5

thanks for the epic sig el spider

Fucker fucked around with this message at 16:10 on Jan 13, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fucker
Jan 4, 2013
seeing movie title plus poster, realizing i know nothing ab it then immediately closing the thread until i watch it ftw

Fucker
Jan 4, 2013
well, that pwned
looked nice, sounded great
acting pwned, story pwned, writing pwned
didnt realize it was gonna be ab a cult. its epic when u go into a movie knowing nothing and the movie turns out to be excellent and ab something interesting
The Master ftw

5/5

Fucker
Jan 4, 2013
better than TWBB, btw

Fucker
Jan 4, 2013
:airquote:master:airquote:
  • surrounded by easy marks that make him feel unfulfilled
  • lame rear end family that hates him
  • laser-eyed wife ready to castrate him with a butchers knife so he cant even cheat like he wants
  • couldnt keep his freddie pet even though he tried every trick in the book
  • stuck in the united kingdom lmfao

freddie
  • skilled at beating ppl up, mixing drinks and photography means hell always find a job somewhere for a couple of months before they find out hes a psycho
  • traveling the whole world as a stowaway
  • no longer envious cause he knows he could have it much worse
  • gets to share stories ab the time he escaped a cult
  • dies from drunkedly falling overboard from some random ship in his mid 50s, had a pretty sick life until then, all things considered

100% happy ending

Fucker
Jan 4, 2013
weird rear end old rear end australian rear end :sam: rear end movie but it goes by pretty fast and has a nice comfy portugal twist ending at the end. i like the songs too

2/5

Fucker
Jan 4, 2013
thinking back on malcolm, it was crazy how at the end u get to see lisbon but it looks all unrecognizably mad max and poo poo. it just now dawned on me that miami doesnt actually look like it has a yellow filter like every old movie ab it made me believe

anyways, that led me to finding this cool video that shows a bunch of the australian locations from the movie in modern times. its cool

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XLCE14VHEXk

Fucker
Jan 4, 2013
thats a cool movie, havent watched it in a long while

Fucker
Jan 4, 2013
verily bizarre but kinda sick movie. it looks cool and is entertaining in how weird it is, for the most part. i look at it as a ten year older and japanese evil dead 2. kung fu girl ftw.

3/5

Fucker
Jan 4, 2013
lmfao at the part where a bunch of split logs start flying at the kung fu girl, she kicks them all and then goes "huh, must have been an illusion"

Fucker
Jan 4, 2013
another movie i never heard of

Fucker
Jan 4, 2013
the wrong guy has a funny idea and some funny gags in it. idk, i wasnt lmaoing a lot but it was a good time. the first half hour or so was the best part.

2/5

Fucker
Jan 4, 2013

I got the tude now posted:

whew just wrapp[ed up all five seasons. he sure is a curmudgeon! XD

lol

Fucker
Jan 4, 2013

trying to jack off posted:

jesus christ, hausu is terrible lmfao

lmao

Fucker
Jan 4, 2013

trying to jack off posted:

i swear to god every post in this thread feels like a direct troll on me. theres way too much poo poo on screen during even the most mundane scenes, and when kills start happening the editing is so batshit it feels like a youtube poop. hell, the first 30 minutes barely feels like a movie at all with how disjointed everything is. people say this rules but it doesnt, it loving sucks. this is the poo poo you sit down with your friends and laugh at while drinking beers and barely paying attention and should not be watched in its entirety with full attention at all

its a very silly movie and we revere it as such

Fucker
Jan 4, 2013
lol trying to jack off, do me a favor and watch this video. its only 5 minutes long

https://vimeo.com/110502648

i want you to hate the movie even more when u see how certain ppl react to it

Fucker
Jan 4, 2013

elf help book posted:

i find the noise to be very pleasant

yup

Fucker
Jan 4, 2013
but lol at ttjo coming in and pwning the movie everyone else liked. that owns. now were a real rear end movie club.

Fucker
Jan 4, 2013

STONE COLD 64 posted:

As a bonus to celebrate four weeks of Movie Club, this week is a surprise DOUBLE FEATURE, as selected by Punished Chuck!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhpT8PGslA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oOOr4nuWFqU

The Sword of Doom dir. by Kihachi Okamoto

Pale Flower dir. by Masahiro Shinoda

Both movies are set to expire on August 21st. Both selections are available on The Criterion Channel service.

Content warning for The Sword of Doom: There is a scene depicting rape contained in the film.

woah

Fucker
Jan 4, 2013
The Sword Of Doom

hmm

it had a cool start, then it meanders for a long time and kind of gets boring, then its finally starting to pick up again and gets a really cool ending that just ends abruptly

i guess i just got filtered by this or something Lol

most of the plot that the movie shoved down my throat didnt really matter. surely they could have cut some of the fat here

at the very start theres that part where he fucks over the old man, the husband and wife, but then hes just going around killing hordes of ppl that i dont give a poo poo ab like im watching some video game. they even run at him one or two at a time to get pwned just like it

i guess the movie ends right b4 the hero comes in and either lunges at him ftw or dies and then the thief shoots him. thats cool, i guess

the scenes look kind of cool sometimes but im not that impressed. main guys (villain) acting is very good

2/5

Fucker
Jan 4, 2013
itd be pretty cool if Way of the Samurai 5 were to release one day. and be good.

Fucker
Jan 4, 2013
Pale Flower

lmao chuck you have a type. old black and white japanese movie ab twisted ppl w/ cool shots that end abruptly

but i liked this one a lot more than the other. its stylish, fun and slick :slick:. i got distracted hella hard by the movie and only now that im done w/ it am i thinking "wait, wtf was this hosed up story?". also unlike the samurai movie, all the side characters/stories felt just right 4 some reason

havent seen many noir movies but this is easily the best of those. maltese falcon got nothing on this poo poo

4/5

Fucker
Jan 4, 2013
i had watched mandy already, but its been a few years so i rewatched it.

its as sick in its visuals and soundtrack as i remember. the slow build up of the first half is sweet (the scene w/ mandy being drugged and laughing at the dudes lovely music is my favorite part of the movie lmao) and nic cage is great at playing the role that was most likely created specifically for him.

my big problem w/ mandy is that it makes a lot of promises but doesnt really deliver on them. the revenge part of the revenge movie is just kind of forgettable. idk. the axe tomahawk and chain chainsaw parts were a good start, but i wanted more of that and for it to be better. the ending is neat but it doesnt feel earned bc of the 50 minutes before it.

3/5

Fucker
Jan 4, 2013

Fungah! posted:

teh sw0rd of d00m: pretty sweet. it makes sense after i've watched it tht its adapted from an unfinished book, it just fuckin ends with some pretty key plot threads dangling

that explains so much ab why the movie wasnt great 2 me. they shouldnt have adapted all the parts the book wasnt able to deliver on in the end -_-

Fucker
Jan 4, 2013
well, i watched gamera

never been a big fan of kaiju movies, especially the old ones, and this one is no different

weird rear end movie. lolled sometimes so i give it credit 4 that. ovni turtle wtf Lol

2/5

Fucker
Jan 4, 2013
oh hell yeah
gonna do the symbolic strat and pick a movie i havent seen b4 so i get an excuse to watch it
tried picking something that seems cool but is obscure enough that only roth and maybe 2 other ppl already watched

Fucker
Jan 4, 2013

aaaaaaaaaah the french... movie...
the first half and the chase across the metro scene near the end were epic, but as the movie kept going, i realized that it was impossible for it to find a way of having a satisfying conclusion. sure enough, not only is it a boring ending, its retarded as hell too.
i wish they had put as much thought into the story as they put in shooting all the tense scenes

expected more, and it doesnt help that i just watched pale flower, which p0wnz the poo poo out of this
3/5

Fucker
Jan 4, 2013
take ppl that havent posted itt in a month off the wheel imo

Fucker
Jan 4, 2013
hanabi was really nice to look at and listen to. there was something ab the story that didnt land to me, especially the awkward exposition dumps at the start. i didnt laugh at the scenes i was supposed to laugh at or get depressed at the scenes i was supposed to get depressed to. but i still liked it cause drat its so good looking. this was an artsy rear end movie, in a good way
3/5

Fucker
Jan 4, 2013

MacheteZombie posted:

I love how the bank robbery uses security footage. just a neat stylistic choice out of nowhere.

that was sick
the scene w/ the suicide painting got me too.
also, weird thing to focus on, but the way the movie managed to get these real nice and deliberate shots w/ cats adding to them impressed me. wonder how many takes it took

Fucker
Jan 4, 2013

STONE COLD 64 posted:

ive truncated the list, if you havent posted any reviews or havent posted in over a month i took you off. plebian parasite wins this week, message me your pick by tomorrow

hell yeah, brother

Fucker
Jan 4, 2013

Leadthumb posted:

Guy who picked House: Man other movies are so quiet.

lol

Fucker
Jan 4, 2013
hana-bi would benefit from having the same 3 songs playing on loop

Fucker
Jan 4, 2013
lol drat gonna have to pull off the Shopping List Review™ for speed racer here cause theres way too much i wanna say

-mostly good cgi and visual style trying to imitate the original show, but theres some exceptions that are unbelievably ugly and i cant believe they made it in. there has to be a limit to "its fake looking on purpose"
-the frenetic transitions they do btw shots w/ a lot of them having ppl talking pwn. idk if thats from the show or what but it was sick
-the comedy was good. childish at times natch but always earnest
-john goodman and susan sarandon were so good as the parents and carried the acting part hard along w/ the ceo guy, which i now googled and he was in game of thrones wtf
-this was back when the wachowskis still knew how to direct action scenes, or had whatever coordinator knew how to do it w/ them
-ngl the biggest flaw of this movie is that some of the racing does way too much poo poo and goes overblown w/ the cgi. i had to go rewatch some scenes multiple times to figure out wtf was going on <.< not surprised this bombed in the cinema at all and id probably like it way less if i watched it there
-the twist where it turned out x man wasnt actually rex was one of my favorite parts of the movie and i was smiling ear to ear. i was so fkn pissed when they did the plastic surgeon bs at the end
-the ending part of the last race was epic and gave me goosebumps Lol

every1 always talks this movie up as an underrated classic and i was certain i was gonna pull the ttjo manuever and be the one guy that hates it, but nope, this was good. easily the best anime adaptation ive ever seen. ten times better than matrix 2 and 3 combined. im gonna spend an hour looking up what they adapted and it look like in the actual show now. the monkey must be from there cause theres no way hed be in the movie otherwise
4/5

Fucker
Jan 4, 2013
rewatched crank 2. yeah, its good and has some good action and rly funny moments (forgot ab the godzilla part lol)
the concept of the first movie was better, electricity isnt as fun, but this one had better scenes. 2 is very slightly better overall ig
3/5

Fucker
Jan 4, 2013

Fungah! posted:

lol gently caress yeah

Fungah! posted:

ok crank 2. this movies dogshit in a big way, idk i guess i cn see what other people like but it can kiss my rear end. i'm gonna watch speed racer again. ½

Fucker
Jan 4, 2013

u mad?

Fucker
Jan 4, 2013
never heard of high noon b4 and i was p impressed by it

just seems like a generic western at the start, especially considering how old it is, but the way the mc tries to act tough in a desperate situation where no one capable is by his side and time is running out was really cool

it kind of feels like i just watched a western directed by hitchcock that was somehow not in his wikipedia page lol both bc of how well directed it is and the great rear end tension

best scene by far and the actual climax of the movie is the clock montage w/ the cool song where every character u learned ab throughout the movie is getting ready for the finale and its time for the mc to face the music as the train arrives. felt iconic

worst part was the fistfight which was hella poorly edited, thats when the movie showed its age the most. the gunfights at the end were also kinda eh. and after all the hype the frank guy just looks like some average rear end dude. smh. should have looked threatening and deranged just from a glance. the end was kind of anti-climatic, tho at least it was short

3/5

Fucker
Jan 4, 2013
woah apparently high noon was made to be ab anti communist witch hunts. that completely flew by me, but it just makes it all the more epic that the story worked as well as it did even w/o that reference :cheers:

ill watch john waynes Rio Bravo one day, which is apparently a direct rebuttal of this movie. probably way more of a generic rear end western that isnt nearly as good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fucker
Jan 4, 2013
may the wheel land on horrorheads that want to celebrate october w/ some epic spooky poo poo