Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lester
Sep 17, 2023

by Fluffdaddy
Just watched

Leadthumb posted:

High noon was so good wtf. Never would have watched it in a million years, I'm so stupid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lester
Sep 17, 2023

by Fluffdaddy
I'm not sure I've ever seen a movie with Gary Cooper. I only knew him through Tony Soprano always pointing to him as a model of tough, uncomplaining manhood. So I was surprised to see his character so unassuming and unsure of himself compared to other Western heroes. Even the way he walks as the movie goes on, like he wants to turn back every step

Lester
Sep 17, 2023

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y44fIKY5O10&t=96s

Lester
Sep 17, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

Lester fucked around with this message at 22:09 on Oct 26, 2023

Lester
Sep 17, 2023

by Fluffdaddy
Synecdoche, New York — seen it a couple times before. Watched it again. It gets more comprehensible but also much funnier each time, especially the Job-like trials his wife puts him through culminating in the hospital scene

I'm amazed this movie got made, let alone for $20m. The set growing bigger and bigger, the cast growing, technology and history advancing almost invisibly, the implication that modern society is only continuing inside the Macarthur-funded production after a disaster outside... just a tremendous vision, can't imagine how the screenwriter held it all in his head, let alone how they fit so much into two hours

Emily Watson is so pretty

Lester
Sep 17, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

STONE COLD 64 posted:

we still have jim gaffigan

grim

Lester
Sep 17, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

lol

Lester
Sep 17, 2023

by Fluffdaddy
if letterboxd is to be believed, collateral is one of my four favourite movies of all time. more than happy to watch it for like the sixteenth time

Lester
Sep 17, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

Jenny Agutter posted:

When I was a teen I thought the scene where audioslave is playing and they stop for a coyote was loving cool, and hell,

It is loving cool

Lester
Sep 17, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

herculon posted:

RIP Ryan O’Neal

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x8_tJ6rVPyM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lester
Sep 17, 2023

by Fluffdaddy