Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

snergle posted:

im in no way affiliated and until its on amazon i wouldnt trust any rumor. but seriously go look up all the stuff amazon studios has made. its all remakes from 80/90 movies and the tv shows are all based on books or comic books or a movie from the 90s or 00s
so i would say theres non 0 zero chance they reach into mgm's catalog and sg is good for that

Has Bezos said anything about liking it? Though he liked the Expanse and didn't finish the series after buying it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

You can't pull rank on murder.

Fund the Stargate program, Bezos

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

If Bezos doesn’t fund a SG-1 revival then we know he’s a goauld.

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

Some of those fuckera have got to be goa'ulds.

But what kind of organization would protect them, it'd have to be some massive non-profit or religious thing that recruits and controls the rich and famous and educates it's members about the true history of earth and it's alien influences.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Is Santa Claus a T'okra

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

John Wick of Dogs posted:

Is Santa Claus a T'okra

hes probably thor

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

pixaal posted:

Has Bezos said anything about liking it? Though he liked the Expanse and didn't finish the series after buying it.

who knows. he sort of did finish the expanse though it ends right before the 60 yr time jump for the books. idk how you pull that poo poo off in tv w/o insane cost to cgi everyone old

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

snergle posted:

who knows. he sort of did finish the expanse though it ends right before the 60 yr time jump for the books. idk how you pull that poo poo off in tv w/o insane cost to cgi everyone old

Hire the guy from Stargate that did the Chellios makeup

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

Hire the guy from Stargate that did the Chellios makeup

yeah rda's make up was crazy in that episode. he also didnt move alot though. although irc holden is in jail for most of it. not alot of movement required. the president is retired again not alot of movement. amos has very little screen time and the tv show killed off alex. bobby irc mostly does spy work and sabotage until her death you would definatly need to cgi her stealing the anti mater etc. the rest of the cast are all new people.

getting to see bobbys death on tv would of been amazing though. in my mind they slowly zoom out from her until you get the full scope.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Jeepers, spoilers much??

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Or, novel idea, they could just hire elderly actors

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

Or, novel idea, they could just hire elderly actors

There's some misremembered information above as the time jump is only 30 years and humans in The Expanse already live longer than we do so the characters being in their 50's/60's isn't that big of a deal and certainly doesn't require extensive make-up or recasting.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

You can ask your audience to use their imagination Better Call Saul takes place before Breaking Bad and that worked fine.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

These Tollan sure are a bunch of dumbasses huh

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Haha yes. O'Neill has a Gameboy Color!

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Jack has really lost his loving mind in this episode where he just steals a gizmo from the Tollan, and it's impressive how he's really just maybe 2% more of an rear end in a top hat than normal and it takes him from lovable scamp to completely over the line maniac.

itry
Aug 23, 2019

He can be a smartass and a dick, but he's never cruel. That's what's jarring, I think. The way he spoke to the people close to him.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

The engineer for the evil Maybourne team was pretty hot, I hope she returns

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

This virtual crystal skull pyramid chasm set is pretty impressive for year 2000 television

Although Daniel keeps saying this crystal skull is identical to the one his grandfather found when it literally isn't to the one he showed pictures of before. They are literally different props. You guys make the props, why didn't you make it identical

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Thor: O'Neill. I've got no hope, no plan, and no chance. The replicators are about to land and destroy your planet and I can't stop it and neither can you probably. We are all going to die. Good fuckin luck

Daniel: General, permission to be in this episode?

Hammond: Sorry son, we need your actor voicing Thor

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

This virtual crystal skull pyramid chasm set is pretty impressive for year 2000 television

Although Daniel keeps saying this crystal skull is identical to the one his grandfather found when it literally isn't to the one he showed pictures of before. They are literally different props. You guys make the props, why didn't you make it identical

lol i didnt notice that. also why arent crystal skull people one of the 4 races instead of furlongs or w/e

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

snergle posted:

lol i didnt notice that. also why arent crystal skull people one of the 4 races instead of furlongs or w/e

Maybe they are the Furlings.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Oh Rene Auberjonois, why must you always be a fascist in science fiction shows

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Freakin' Breeders

*spits

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Daniel sensed something was wrong with that society when none of the women were trying to have sex with him

SRQ
Nov 9, 2009

well we just did hundred days and I cried a lil

not as heart wrenching as inner light, the clear inspiration, but well.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

SRQ posted:

well we just did hundred days and I cried a lil

not as heart wrenching as inner light, the clear inspiration, but well.

So was she pregnant at the end?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

She was pregnant as hell. Which made it pretty funny in literally the next episode when Jack was like "I have to go back!" but it was just a cover for being a double agent. He's never going back lol

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

She was pregnant as hell. Which made it pretty funny in literally the next episode when Jack was like "I have to go back!" but it was just a cover for being a double agent. He's never going back lol

lol I think so too. But from experience on this subject, there is wide disagreement on that.

I assume Jack did go back, off camera, at some point. Maybe more than once. He's not a cad.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

redshirt posted:

lol I think so too. But from experience on this subject, there is wide disagreement on that.

I assume Jack did go back, off camera, at some point. Maybe more than once. He's not a cad.

I know eventually he'll be head off the SGC, but I feel like Hammond is not going to authorize personal calls. "I empathize with your position Colonel but you know I can't let you do that! The Stargate is for official business only."

"General-"

"HOWever! What I CAN authorize is a new survey of the planet for naquadah from this year's meteor shower. I'm sending SG-5 and Simmons is currently out with the flu. You will take his place on this mission."

Oh dang I talked myself into it

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

Weird how it was some big dilemma when he could have moved to the planet and still worked at SGC.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Jimbone Tallshanks posted:

Weird how it was some big dilemma when he could have moved to the planet and still worked at SGC.

I think it costs a couple hundred thousand dollars to turn that thing on, you can't have someone commuting home every day

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

I know eventually he'll be head off the SGC, but I feel like Hammond is not going to authorize personal calls. "I empathize with your position Colonel but you know I can't let you do that! The Stargate is for official business only."

"General-"

"HOWever! What I CAN authorize is a new survey of the planet for naquadah from this year's meteor shower. I'm sending SG-5 and Simmons is currently out with the flu. You will take his place on this mission."

Oh dang I talked myself into it

This is literally how military training flights work, so as pilots they would absolutely know how to set that up. It is strictly against the rules to use a government aircraft to go visit your hometown for a weekend to attend a football game. However, it is entirely legal and justified to do a cross-country flight which satisfies routine training requirements, and visit an ROTC unit for the weekend to do a promotional show-and-tell static display. And if there happens to be a football game that weekend, well, that's just a happy coincidence.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Yet we can't afford Medicare for all

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless
Strictly speaking we can, we just choose not to. :eng99:

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Wingnut Ninja posted:

This is literally how military training flights work, so as pilots they would absolutely know how to set that up. It is strictly against the rules to use a government aircraft to go visit your hometown for a weekend to attend a football game. However, it is entirely legal and justified to do a cross-country flight which satisfies routine training requirements, and visit an ROTC unit for the weekend to do a promotional show-and-tell static display. And if there happens to be a football game that weekend, well, that's just a happy coincidence.

So anyways, there I was on P34-X92, Jaffa up to my neck, and what do I see? That drat Goa'uld is still up there on the platform, buck naked, yelling. Damnedest thing.

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

I think it costs a couple hundred thousand dollars to turn that thing on, you can't have someone commuting home every day

I wonder how much paperwork it requires to activate the gate.

"Why haven't we brought SG-4 home yet?"

"The authorization paperwork has to be done monthly and we didn't get the signature back from the general's office yet... Colonel Stanknuffets can sign since he's taken the section 426-V authorization course, but he's out sick and it's supposed to be done in hard copy..."

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

If someone else dials don't they provide the power? If not why bother with the Iris just disconnect the jumper cables.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

You can dial a gate that has no power and it works fine, so long as the event horizon can form

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

I'll Fetch My Sarcasm Robes
once or twice they mention how much energy is required to dial the gate, so it's definitely expensive and they're not going to do it on a whim, except you know when they do.