Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

I really liked Jonas & thought season 6 was one of the best ones. Although the Groundhog Day ep was my favorite.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

mom and dad fight a lot posted:

I think SG-1 really fell off after Season 6. It turned into everyone trying to one-up each other with "witty" dialogue, and I just lost interest in the middle of Season 7.

I'm an overworked middle-aged Dad now with no hobbies. Maybe I should finally finish it just to say that I did.

Yeah I liked season 6, but season 7 starts with a space battle where they need to shoot the reactor & Daniel is back to wear a Jedi robe and force duel the bad guy and I think he had amnesia? Yeah never should have given earth a starship felt like a different show, especially how it had warp, transporters, probably replicators… that’s like a new age of tech but everything else on earth stays the same?

I liked when they stuck with the idea that earth wasn’t important & the only thing keeping them alive was being far below the notice of galactic superpowers, so they had to carefully gather tech & allies. There was that one ep with a “bad future” that showed how easily they’d be stomped if a bad guy got their gate code.

Also liked that ep where they lost a team to a black hole, cool idea of them frequently losing teams to events wildly out of their control. That would have been an interesting idea just to have teams often going missing with no explanation & have that lead to tension & outside questions.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

pixaal posted:

I'd like to a game about exploring using the gates from almost nothing, just you are in charge of Alpha site, the gate opens radio transmits "burn all IDCs, foothold" go from there. Want to find other humans as allies? focus on linguistics, want some tech? Build your team and maybe get around to saving Earth if you feel like it. In my head it's looking like the current version of No Man Sky a bit. Take the base building and yeah just take that piece maybe some other pieces end up working well but I still would use it as a solid starting of what works in similar games (and due to the update history you have a ton of examples of what doesn't and why!)

That sounds good, I’d like to balance sending out teams with random chance of them never returning or involving other countries to get more teams but risk leaks, and maybe a mega bonus if you send a Norwegian team to the Nordic planet. Be cool to have an elite team missing then get an unexpected “open the gate” request and have to gamble if they’re coming back with allies or if their code got compromised. And if you don’t open the gate you never know for sure.