Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

trying to get the general to let me visit P4X-639 so i can clear out my steam backlog but he keeps calling security because im an "intruder" and "in a highly restricted area"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

it owns that you dial the gate like a rotary phone because thats what the ancient studio execs think of when they think of dialling

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

while they're at it they should attach a zat to the bottom of their p90's

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

ChairmanMauzer posted:

Went to a new Mexican restaurant yesterday and they had SG1 on the bar’s tvs.

I think I’ll be going back.

if you drink too much, the bouncer zats you and dumps you on a forest planet that looks strikingly similar to a lightly wooded area outside the studio

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

working the night shift in the gate room, tossing my empty beer cans onto a randomly dialled planet to dispose of the evidence

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

Log082 posted:

I wonder if there was, like, some unlucky jaffa on the other end of that gate that just got beaned by a golf ball out of nowhere.

its dialed to tollanna

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

Worf posted:

Buffy is unwatchable

buffy is a coming-of-age story about surviving highschool and barely post-highschool so its a little weird to watch in ur 30s

angel is that but for becoming a adult, making the best of your first lovely job, making new friends in a scary world thats larger than you used to think, dealing with relationship issues and an unplanned pregnancy and ultimately culminating in figuring out your place as a cog in corporate america so its a little easier to relate

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

itry posted:

How about... a full Cheyenne Mountain dollhouse-like model. You open it up and you get all the floors. You can have a replicator in the blue jello. Teal'c and O'Neill playing golf. It'll be awesome.

asking grandma for the stargate playset for christmas but she got confused and i unwrap the wormhole xtreme knockoff

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

FFT posted:

Actual space combat would require including relativity into the calculations due to the relative speeds you'd be moving at in orbit, but lack of imagination means that just like most space combat in television and movies the big ships mostly face off facing eachother in close visual distance and occasionally do slow evasive maneuvers since the weapons involved have low enough velocity that they can be seen and sometimes avoided.

one of those ori plasma beam weapons could zoop down a school zone and not get a ticket

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

getting selected for sg94 thinking im the team badass but i end up being the nerd with a zat

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

redshirt posted:

Isn't that one of the cool archeology teams?

I LOVE that archeology and mythology is such a central part of Stargate.

i dunno i just picked a random number because i assumed sg42069 would be met with enough groans to show up on a seismograph

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

just walk people through it, if you allow 6 seconds per person thats 380 people per opening (minus half of a couple of dudes if there's any stragglers near the end) so you could have your settler team deployed in a day or so - the main hurdle is how many people can you fit in the gate room but you can just have a hellishly long DMV lineup stretching out past those guards who walk in front of the mountain door

then the receiving gate is overhead pointing down 10 feet though so everyone drops down like the start of a Lemmings level

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

pixaal posted:

Do you forget that the gate room ceiling opens? they airlift the gate at one point. It's an old missile silo.

I considered dropping people through the roof hole into the gate but I kinda like the DMV line, they can eat jello cubes while they wait for their new lives colonizing P3W-451 or some poo poo

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

also you can tell the asgard are more highly advanced than we are because instead of jello cubes their entire diet is cubes

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

pixaal posted:

Oh I'm thinking water slides

see this here is a good idea because you can also send supplies down the same slides, once the colonists are deployed just roll a couple tractors and duffel bags full of those weird beef jerky sticks down the hatch

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

just beam them inches away from the gate and add some forward momentum

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

working the night shift in the gate room, tossing my empty beer cans halfway across the galaxy directly onto the furling planet

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

FFT posted:

I liked the platonic romance between Sam and Warrick. Just sheer glee at the mechanics of go fast

/e: i'm aware the term is "friendship"

when u got a mixed gender friendship that you nerd out over a shared interest the official scientific classification is "rad bromance"

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

FFT posted:

I appreciate the wordplay but I was going to say "bromance" in the first place except I'm not sure that makes sense for a mixed gender friendship???

this also occurred to me while typing the post, my solution was to not give a poo poo and post it lol

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

its a race against time as the borg drones attempt to assimilate the replicators before they eat the entire cube but whats this, moya has just starburst onto the scene!

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

well why not posted:

I think we established that Jesus ascended

i suspect he got beamed out of the cave by thor

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

Jimbone Tallshanks posted:

I dunno, seems a bit out there. Wormholes? A big no-nonsense warrior alien mourning his wife and separated from his son? Playful banter between Ben Browder and Claudia Black?

of course its out there, its farscape not nearscape

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

Armacham posted:

Teal'c has two dates on the same night in the same restaurant

both dates at once so its fine, if our man tealc can dual wield p90s he can dual wield anything

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

Jimbone Tallshanks posted:

They are also very accurate portrayals of military personnel.

as a long time military man i can confirm all building and fixing is done with a comically large wrench

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

"sir we can't shut down the gate and someone is trying to force the iris open remotely"

*sgt siler jams a chair against the iris, saving earth*

"we're safe, for now, everyone report to the mess hall for jello cubes"

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

Aoi posted:

Mr. Big is a Canadian staple, and was indeed enormous back in the 80s and 90s...not sure if it's been shrinkflated these days.

Chocolate, caramel, wafers, peanuts.

the bar only extends about 75% the length of the wrapper now, I bought one from a vending machine and was not impressed

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

every year on the anniversary of the stargate program the team gets together in the gate room, sings happy birthday to the gate then carefully positions the cake so that the kawoosh blows out the candles

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

drop the gate in a ball pit - the balls stop the wormhole from forming - then just fish it out when sg13 is due to come home

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

John Wick of Dogs posted:

Is Santa Claus a T'okra

hes probably thor

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

pixaal posted:

If you have a major military budget and are still sending tons of people there, it's going to look very strange when suddenly the power bill gets decimated and the staff count is still rising. Probably would have made a good clip show topic.

just put in a request for a bunch of LED lightbulbs first

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

Sentient Data posted:

It's not showing weapons, it's showing what tool they use to open a locked door

you can easily open a locked door with a zat just shoot it 3 times

if you only shoot it 2 times it merely kills the door

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

redshirt posted:

Kinda surprised we never saw a Tau'ri designed Zat

we already have those its a taser

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

kdrudy posted:

Taze your balls once and you die

not true, i have tazed my balls twice this morning rendering myself thankfully infertile

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

John Wick of Dogs posted:

Is there any material that explains how the Taur'i fought off the Goa'uld originally? And why they never tried to invade Earth again until Apophis got horny one night and started drunk dialing random planets looking for a wife?

lol that if this didn't happen, earth would still be occasionally puttering around on a decrepit space station that smells like farts and doing nothing else in space