Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Stargate SG-1 was also one of those rare TV series that ended up better than the movie it was spun off from. I didn't keep up with the Stargate shows that followed, but SG-1 was solid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

redshirt posted:

To be fair, the NID did have a dedicated focus on offworld tech/threats, which no actual Government agency has. If SG1 was real, would it be the CIA that would take that role? Space Force?

In a strange quirk of Federal regulations, it would actually fall under the jurisdiction of the Postmaster General.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

kdrudy posted:

With the infighting and constant war it's surprising an iris didn't become a more common thing for the Go'auld as well. Also kind of lucky the only gate that came with a built in iris like thing was Atlantis and its gate shield.

It's been a long time since I watched SG-1, but wouldn't that partly be explainable because the Goa'uld steal technology and culture and everything else, and aren't very creative on their own? Like some of the system lords are more clever and planful than most, but maybe that little bit of creativity is what made them rise to the top of the power hierarchy in the first place?

I should really do a rewatch - it's been a long time.

E: fixed typo

CaptainSarcastic fucked around with this message at 07:20 on Oct 9, 2023