Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

You can't pull rank on murder.

SRQ posted:

you can also simply send in two teams if you need more people.

Much more flexible this way. You can cycle out a team of four easier than eight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

well why not posted:

jack already goes through them like labradors

Or kids

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

They wussed out by not doing Tok'ra Jesus

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

No, he just faked his death or hibernated for three days. The ascension happens after his resurrection.

I think him being a Goa'uld and the disciples being Jaffa ties in nicely with his fish symbology.

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

Are we assuming most of these worlds also resemble British Columbia?

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

How soon can you start it up again after 38 minutes?

Starting from scratch you'd send in army engineers and similar qualified civilians as necessary. You build some out of the box modular buildings but then you move on to building stuff out of local materials. You also send along some one of those 3D printers that make houses out of concrete.

The hardest things to get are gonna be metals and plastics. So you'll need to try and colonize this place with people who are happy living in a pre-1900's society although you can easily have some creature comforts and luxuries like a generator or solar panels for a TV and fridge.

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

well why not posted:

I’ll never get to have a whole punched through me by a Jaffa stick, or get lasered by a character actor you might recognise from SVU

I looked it up and this is literally 20 people.

redshirt posted:

If you had a dedicated Colony gate on the Earth side, sure. But it's not. The SGC is a concrete and harsh place.

So you move the Stargate to New York or wherever you can get those things quickest.

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

JediTalentAgent posted:

Throw the gate into a shipping warehouse. Teal'c is asked to do a series of commercials as the new "First Prime of Amazon"

"I will ship free."

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

redshirt posted:

I love Carterposting, with all due respect, Sir.

Is it too early for a thread title?

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

Put the gate 10 feet underwater so it drains the ocean and everything is just floated towards it in big capsules which get dropped in the other world's ocean.

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

With logistics experts you could keep gently caress ups to a minimum by having redundancies and back-up plans. Load G-46 is behind schedule? Well, G-47 is ready to go, so we'll do that one instead.

And once you got one world self-sufficient enough you can send the stuff from that world to another world, cutting Earth's gate out of the process.

Worlds are going to develop at different rates because of things like disruptions from seasons or tides or alien species that are like some kind of velociraptor centaur thing, so trade between them is inevitable.

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

Desert Bus posted:

I was at a local fish store the other day and they had a tank ornament shaped like a Stargate and it was on sale but $25 was a bit rich for me still. :(

https://www.amazingamazon.com.au/products/bioscape-stargate-portal-aquarium-ornament

I can see O'Neil putting this in the tank of a captured Goa'uld

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

"Once, just once, I'd like to be able to land someplace and say, 'Behold, I am the Archangel Gabriel!'"

"I fail to see the humor in that situation, Doctor."

"Naturally. You could hardly claim to be an angel with those pointed ears, Mr. Spock. But say you landed someplace with a pitchfork…"

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

Asgard can probably use gravity tech to set up some kind of railgun for everything, and a reverse system to catch the cargo on the other side.

They should have that tech, right?

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

well why not posted:

I would love to see this list

Here ya go

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

Curtana posted:

Or maybe you make multiple smaller asgard beam machines and set them up to send the info about what to put stuff together over radio waves so you can have one beam machine at the dial-out gate dematerialize the stuff you want to transport and send the info through the gate as radio waves to the other beam machine at the destination, which puts the stuff together. Presto, changeo, you have star trek matter transportation but at intergalactic distances, thanks to gate technology! ABSOLUTELY nothing could go wrong!

"Why don't you call me Jal'c? Wait. This is better. How about T'Neill?"

"You're joking, right?"

"Indeed, Carter."

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

crispix posted:

pre:
NO SCREWING AROUND

WITH THE 

STARGATE!!!!!!

sighs, sadly wheeling away box used in "sawing lady in half" illusion

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

Stacking crates in the gate activation hazard zone attempting to find the perfect height to place a bottle of champagne so it disincorperates just the cork

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

Yeah, but you gotta take Lantash with him

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

But what's this? That planetoid in the background appears to be changing shape... It's UNICRON! Unicron has just entered the fight, ladies and gentlemen this is the craziest thing I have ever seen in the history of inter-franchise space combat.

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

I thought they did a good job of keeping it as part of his backstory without making it his entire personality.

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

Underused character for sure.

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

Cthulu Carl posted:

He also voiced Magneto in X-Men: Evolution and Black Panther in the Avengers game

And the guy who played Teal'c's son voiced the character Spyke

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

Leandros posted:

Tealc and bratac getting pissed over backhanded politics should have had a couple Veep type scenes. Couple of warriors arguing motions, proposing amendments, palm greasing and elbow rubbing, creative Jaffa insults between staffers.

Teal'c, but it's Sam Richardson as Richard Splett.

Edit: poo poo, Neelix was in both of these.

Jimbone Tallshanks fucked around with this message at 05:46 on Apr 4, 2024

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

If you asked me to guess a guest star on Stargate I don't think I would have ever said Dom DeLuise. Yeah, comedians show up on sci-fi stuff all the time but DeLuise was on the whackier side. It's like having a Muppet on the show.

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

redshirt posted:

Indeed, which makes that character all the more confusing. As, you assume, he was meant to be seen in a good light, but....

Wasn't one of the Wormhole X-Treme guys another DeLuise too? Stargate is lousy with DeLuises lol.

Yeah, the Colonel was played by Michael, the middle of the DeLuise bros. I never realized any of this before yesterday and now it's funny noticing just how often the family works together.

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

Desert Bus posted:

If you like sci-fi with Muppets you should try Farscape.

I dunno, seems a bit out there. Wormholes? A big no-nonsense warrior alien mourning his wife and separated from his son? Playful banter between Ben Browder and Claudia Black?

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

John Wick of Dogs posted:

Next episode, which I will have to have for tomorrow:

A Goa'uld who had taken on the persona of the Egyptian sex goddess, Hathor, casts her deadly spell over all the men in the Stargate base

This sounds like an episode that was probably better on Showtime but I think Amazon is all the syndication cuts

Oh, do you get to experience the "Next time, on Stargate SG-1!" previews? Sometimes they overplay the threat to the point of humour.

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

redshirt posted:

The Thor - O'Neill bromance is the best.

I like when Thor implies he'll go non-contact if Russia tries to shake up his best friend club and he has to deal with anyone other than Hammond or O'Neill.

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

Furloing?

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

That's why I liked the episode with the Tolan. The SGC get to be the primitive humans who can't make heads or tails of the tech these other guys have and overreact, thankfully they make friends with one of them and manage to escape.

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

Teal'c must go away on a week-long solo mission, but his near-identical sister T'quila is here to fill in!

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

FFT posted:

Walter and Stiler are the unsung heroes of SGC

They are also very accurate portrayals of military personnel.

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

Hahaha ok the way Daniel Jackson's parents died is actually insane

The complete lack of even the most basic safety measures astounds me. Given that both his parents are dumb enough to go out that way, it's surprising Daniel hasn't... Wait, nevermind. Yeah, it makes perfect sense that Daniel's parents are so death prone.

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

Jackson Begins

:lol: Ra's al Goa'uld.

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

Ok sweet Jesus the next episode. It's a very special addicted to drugs episode but for the purposes of this metaphor the drug is sleeping in a magic coffin

Sarcophagi. Not even once.

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

So metaphorically all the system lords are the way they are cause they're huge cokeheads

I think it's more like they're dying of cirrhosis of the liver but Daniel is an alcoholic.

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

Aoi posted:

Unfortunately, the Keeper cheats, so every time you tried something clever, he'd either just have your parents do something completely out of character and ignore you, or spawn more dudes with guns where there definitely weren't any before.

Barclay and his drat holoprograms :argh:

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

redshirt posted:

How many Trek actors have also been on a Stargate show?

Barclay, Troi, EMH, T'Pol, Trip....

Tony Amendola as Bra'tac
David Andrews as Se'tak
Rene Auberjonois as Alar (a character called Alar also appears in TAS)
Erick Avari as Kasuf
John Billingsley as Dr. Simon Coombs
Jolene Blalock as Ishta
Frank Collison as Keturah
Ronny Cox as Robert Kinsey
Steven Culp as Henry Wallace
Nicole de Boer as Dr. Alison Porter
John de Lancie as Colonel Frank Simmons
Louis Ferreira as Colonel Everett Young
Robert Foxworth as Ashwan
Willie Garson as Martin Lloyd
Christopher Heyerdahl as Pallan, Halling, and Todd
Elizabeth Hoffman as Catherine Langford
Richard Kind as Gary Meyers and Lucius Lavin
Robert Knepper as Simeon
Thomas Kopache as Ellori
Christopher McDonald as Senator Alan Armstrong
Scott MacDonald as Golan Jarlath
Dakin Matthews as Maz'rai
Paul McGillion as Dr. Carson Beckett
Colm Meaney as Cowen
Anthony Montgomery as a mover
Obi Ndefo as Rak'nor
Robert Picardo as Richard Woolsey
Claire Rankin as Dr. Kate Heightmeyer
Leon Rippy as Major General W.O. West
Saul Rubinek as Emmett Bregman
Alan Ruck as Dr. Adam Fletcher
Dwight Schultz as The Keeper (a character called The Keeper also appears in TOS)
Wallace Shawn as Arlos Kadawam
Armin Shimerman as Anteaus
Marina Sirtis as Dr. Svetlana Markov
Eric Steinberg as Netan
Scott Alan Smith as Unnamed Officer (credited as "Scott Smith")
David Ogden Stiers as Oberoth
Marshall R. Teague as Col. Frank Cromwell
Tony Todd as Haikon
Tamlyn Tomita as Shen Xiaoyi
Connor Trinneer as Michael Kenmore
Musetta Vander as Shan'auc of the Red Hills
Gwynyth Walsh as Kelmaa
Derek Webster as Lt. Brown
Doug Wert as Maj. Hadden
Marc Worden as Ronan
Rick Worthy as K'tano/Imhotep (a species called the Imhotep also appears in VOY)
Vincent Hammond as Ruax, Unas Elder, and Big One

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

Is this fanart or from some RPG book or something, I wonder.