Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Wayne Brady as a Jaffa and getting to choke someone will always be al all-timer for me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

200 was probably one of the best things ever produced for television

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Exogate Initiative is pretty fun, but it's more about base-building than adventures on planets that look a lot like the Pacific Northwest

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Michaeldim posted:

While most of them have died and been brought back a few times (Daniel, more than most) they don't really have a bunch of extra time/lives except in the last episode of SG1 where they trap themselves + general Landry in a time dilation bubble on the Odyssey to save themselves from an Ori ship. They live until old age (Landry dying of it) until Carter finds a way to send them back. Teal'c is sent back to give past SG1 the solution and he retains his memories and age where the others don't. He's older than Bra'tac by the end. This is easy chips though because a Jaffa can still kick rear end at 160+

Wasn't the only change Teal'c went through in that just a small white patch in his hair

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

itry posted:

It's pretty funny how Rodeny incel McKay got turned into a main character. Perhaps the worst introduction to a main character in the entire franchise?

The funniest thing about Stargate Atlantis to me was the fact that my sister had a crush on Rodney... And Ronon.

Also everyone in this thread should probably watch A Dog's Breakfast, starring David Hewlett and his sister (who played Jeannie Miller an a few episodes of Atlantis), Paul McGillion, Christopher Judge, and Rachel Luttrell.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

redshirt posted:

Can you give me an example of an American show getting remade for a foreign market? I can't think of any.

I can think of several British shows that got remade for the American market.

There was a whole Russian Stargate arc in SG:1, but that wouldn't play very well these days. An EU based SGC would be pretty cool.

I can't remember the name, but Russia remade Married With Children.

There's even a statue of the Russian Al Bundy in like Yekaterinburg, which is a helluva thing to learn from a show about the Dyatlov Pass Incident.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Here's the statue

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

The movie is one of French Stewart's crowning achievements, though

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Eeyo posted:

I was thinking, any decent Halloween costumes from sg1? I feel like they’re always just contemporary military people so it’s hard to be recognizably sg1.

Whereas like Star Trek would be easy, or Star Wars.

Once I went to the Renaissance festival and as we passed the entrance plaza once there was a group of dudes in tactical gear chatting up the dudes dressed as town guards. Everyone was giving them a lot of space and eyeing them nervously. Then I saw the P-90s and the pyramid symbol on their shoulders, and relaxed. "Oh, it's cool guys, just a Stargate team."

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

kdrudy posted:

Yea it seems like a DHD is basically just the controller with the software for the gate, which is why they were able to do weird things with the Earth gate like travel through that sun and nearly cause it to destroy itself, they could bypass the safeties without a DHD.

They made a wormhole with car batteries when they went to the past.

For all the jokes about humans being creative psychos in Star Trek, they're even crazier in SG-1.

This child race found a Stargate, and used primitive electronics (gently caress there were probably some vacuum tubes in some of the equipment) to brute force establishing a wormhole. They traipse around the universe with little devices to disarm the shield on their gate - and even jokingly refer to them as 'Garage Door Openers'.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Leandros posted:

Don't SG-1 and the Simpsons both exist in one another's universe? It's like a singularity.

Yeah, O'Neill's idea of a good time is beer, fishing, and Simpsons.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

redshirt posted:

It is, in the episode "200".

200 was such a great episode

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Every once in a while when I think of Stargate, I remember Pierre Bernard's Recliner of Rage and Pierre Bernard getting to be an extra on SG-1.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jvS-_0LMvGQ - Pierre hates Daniel Jackson

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZeSEgerTJ_g - Pierre reacts to news of the cancellation of SG-1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EjSP4NOpDRk - Pierre visits the set

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

well why not posted:

No matter what they have to ensure Chris Judge gets paid somehow. Let him narrate the bumpers or something.

All the doors open and closes with "Indeed" in differing intonations. This is never addressed in the show.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

So I subscribe to Anvil Industry's 3d printing Patreon. This month is knock-off Starship Troopers and knock-off Stargate Teams.

Which I had forgotten about... Until they released a preview for next month's set:

INDEED.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

It's a fine line to tread while making legally distinct miniatures

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Walter: "Chevron 7, locked."

Clem Fandango: "SG-1, this is Clem Fandango. Can you hear me?"

SG-1 *Looking up at the control booth*: "Yes, I can hear you, Clem Fandango."

Clem Fandango: "OK, just letting you know that Chevron 7 is locked."

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Armacham posted:

Gaeta was in the season 8 finale

Gaeta was also the centaur doctor on The Magicians and got to act like he was pooping

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Biplane posted:

Played a character with too few limbs and then one with too many. Impressive.

IIRC there's also a brief shot when he's behind a curtain and the main character sees the silhouette of the doctor's centaur dick, so yeah, too many limbs definitely.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

1glitch0 posted:

Jack is a dork and doesn't want people to know.

He just wants to keep people on their toes.

That or he gets all his pop culture knowledge through the Simpsons.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

O'Neill gets to shoot the Samaritan and reacts like Han after he got to use Chewie's bowcaster

Also he breaks his wrist and forearm.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

redshirt posted:

In the movie, the two other military guys don't seem like the cream of the crop. Maybe those two didn't really know what they were signing up for.

French Stewart was one of the soldiers (or I guess airmen since it's the air force), so maybe it was all an elaborate scheme to get rid of him?

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

redshirt posted:

I just watched a season 9 episode named "Ex Deus Machina" and it's exactly that plot.

We learn Ba'al is on Earth, a business executive now, in charge of The Trust. We also meet the Ba'al clones.

And the Jaffa leader Garrick (Lou Gosset Jr!) sends Jaffa to Earth to capture Ba'al, and I have to say I LOVE
seeing Jaffa storm an Earth office building, looking to nab the CEO.

Just love the story idea of the Goa'uld moving to Earth and using capitalistic greed to gain power here, real power, right under the nose of the SGC. After they've been defeated playing Egyptian (and other) Gods.

Ba'al realized that he had to change to the new religion to enslave humans.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Yarka: "Sons of the Pharaohs! Give me frogs! Flies! Locusts! Anything but YOU! Compared to you, the other plagues were a JOY!"

Kira: "I am so very sorry. It was an accident."

Yarka: "My girl, when Rameses destroyed Syria, that was an accident. You are a catastrophe!"

Kira: "Wait... Who's Rameses?"

Sisko: "I'll explain later."

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

pixaal posted:

Steam has a sale and one of the games title cards caught my eye Exogate Initiative - reviews suggest this is highly unfinished and it's been in EA for several months so I'm not recommending anyone buy this.

But this is clearly an SGC simulator.

I haven't bought it since it's EA, but from the videos I've seen of people reviewing it, it very much is Stargate Tycoon

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

FFT posted:

Neat enough premise perhaps, but as soon as I got to the first bit of gameplay I went "nope."

I dunno why they went top-down RTS when "play as an SG team" is basically perfect for squad-based shooter

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

A Stargate themed Lethal Company where you have to gate in, gather as much goa'uld, Ancient, and other tech, while being attack by hostile soldiers and alien monsters, and gate out.

The DHD is an unskippable minigame

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

MakaVillian posted:

3rd shift gate dialer sounds about right. And you know what I'm just happy to be a part of the team!

Having to say "Chevron seven is secured" because Walter got all huffy and pissy when he found out you were saying it was locked because that's his thing, not yours.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

If using new footage counts for a clip show, is '200' a clip show?

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Desert Bus posted:

The SGC playset has a lot of fun tunnels

I like the "'Dien Bien Phu' Kitchen" implying the existence of other named kitchens in the tunnel complex.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

snergle posted:

oh i forgot the skunk stripe they put on the right side of tealcs head was so distracting. i know its to pay respect to the fact hes like 60 yrs older now. but it literally looks like they took some halloween hair dye spray and just did a pepe le pue stripe down the right side of his head.

They gave him the John Henson

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Huh, Jason Momoa and Joe Flannigan are doing Guinness commercials...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nyd1CUA-Yo4

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Desert Bus posted:

I was at a local fish store the other day and they had a tank ornament shaped like a Stargate and it was on sale but $25 was a bit rich for me still. :(

https://www.amazingamazon.com.au/products/bioscape-stargate-portal-aquarium-ornament

Yeah, you gotta get the little DHD that bubbles, too.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

John Wick of Dogs posted:

I just realized Teal'c is the same dude who plays God of War and gave an incredibly long acceptance speech at the game awards

He also voiced Magneto in X-Men: Evolution and Black Panther in the Avengers game

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Micheal and Peter were also on SeaQuest together

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

kdrudy posted:

I get the impression he likes working with his friends when he can, he's been in stuff with and in a movie directed by David Hewlett as well.

Wow, I had thought he only made A Dog's Breakfast, featuring his sister (As his sister), Paul McGillion (Dr. Beckett from SGA), Christopher Judge, and Rachel Luttrell.

Everyone should watch A Dog's Breakfast.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Love that there were enough shows filming in Vancouver at the same time, allowing each show to have a hockey team for a rec league

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

watching the movie again and lol at Jackson awkwardly drawing the point of origin symbol while muttering "Surrounded by two.. uh.. Neat lil guys..."

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

I thought one of the early ones they had to keep the iris closed constantly because Apophis or whoever was smacking the redial button and calling them back as soon as the gate disconnected

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

The real important question is did they have to clean the back of the iris after things thudded into it.

EDIT: Gimme THAT Pressure Washer Simulator DLC