Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MEIN RAVEN
Oct 7, 2008

Gutentag Mein Raven

Earwicker posted:

mental healthcare. and by that i dont just mean crazy people either, i mean the professionals that are supposed to take care of us crazy people. they're all crazy now too. or just gone.

on the positive side, there's a town in the bay where i grew up that closed off its main street to car traffic and made it a pedestrian only zone so the restaurants could do outdoor seating. its stayed that way ever since and its made a massive improvement in that town. breaking down "car culture"

From page one, but can confirm that as a mental healthcare professional for 20 years, covid made me want to leave the field. I mean, that and some other poo poo, but covid is a big Ol part of that poo poo…

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MEIN RAVEN
Oct 7, 2008

Gutentag Mein Raven

redshirt posted:

Yet, you remain in the trenches?

I gave notice last week and will be done with all work-related things on August 4th. Leaving something that's been part of your identity for so long isn't easy to do, but I'm doing it, so.........

MEIN RAVEN
Oct 7, 2008

Gutentag Mein Raven

Snuffman posted:

Sorry, this was pages ago, but this was the real lesson of covid. Climate change will kill us because if people can't wear a mask, how can you expect them to make lifestyle changes or accept that certain goods are just not going to be available anymore.

This may be a tangent, but I was watching youtube videos on touring cute tiny apartments in Japan and the host went a side-line about how he gets really really angry responses to his videos. They're totally innocuous videos but people even seeing the idea that they might have to live somewhere smaller and that this guy is trying to sell it makes some people really really angry. Hell, just look at the response to the 15-mintue cities movement.

Things are going to get loving rough and fast.

Yeah, that's the takeaway my friend and I both got from Covid. Like, there was a great come-together moment for all of....1 month? Than poo poo got real nasty real fast. Just wait until people have to fight over water. Or when tomatoes cost $15/lb. Or when meat is $25/lb. I'm not at all looking forward to the rapid deterioration of our stupid, fragile society.