Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

I hate that walmart isn't 24 hours. I really enjoyed doing my shopping after 12.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Covid broke my brain. But not in the ways you see in public meltdowns and freakouts. It was the worst two years of my life, easily. I lost a lot of friendships and I'm in a much better place with recovery but it's still hard some days.

The thing that changed for me is before COVID, I didn't hate people. I could understand and respect medical freedoms and people's decisions for themselves. But then COVID came and the idiocy surrounding masks and social distancing started. The constant loop of idiots making fun of COVID on social media, followed by "Please pray for them, donate to this gofundme please!!" and them dying became a meme to me. Eventually I'm at the point where I'm glad they fall into this completely avoidable trap. It's absolute lunacy and the most absolute bare minimum was required from people. Just wear a mask. Don't go out if you don't need to. Get the vaccine. It's almost literally the cure.

And that was TOO MUCH for these people. Absolute selfish and stupid ingrates. It got to the point in late 2021 where I was glad they were dying. I don't feel that way anymore but at the same time I feel absolutely nothing when someone wins their Herman Cain award either.

I am disappointed in myself for feeling that way. It feels like something COVID has taken from me for good.

Edit: I got COVID in March 2020. It was a horrific fever for me and I was like "If this gets any worse, I'm going to the hospital." and I took a nap, and after waking up it never got that bad again. Then I was just weak for the next 2 weeks.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

ElectricSheep posted:

Yeah I call horseshit, my favorite memory of teaching the hybrid model during COVID was finding out one of my at-home kids got busted trying to play a looped video of him when he was supposed to be logged into Zoom in other classes, and would have gotten away with it except he made a movement during the loop that gave him away like that scene in Speed. I respected the poo poo out of that and still laugh about it to this day. Yeah, kids aren't necessarily lazy - they're just moving to their own beat

Smart kid too, aced his state exam in Science

A smart lazy person will do whatever it takes to stay lazy. And that can be a good thing.