Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms

Smik posted:

Well the Iga Goblins need their fourth so...

Name: Hannah Dredd
Team: Iga Goblins
Role: Main Character

Physically the weakest of the Iga Goblins in terms of raw combat power, Hannah also has the quietest tread and nimblest fingers. She's also a great judge of character and can read people well, all of which combines to make her the Iga's scout. She and Rocky work extremely well together -- they're both difficult to spot and capable of navigating all kinds of angles, but where Rocky is a hit-and-run assassin, Hannah is far more personable -- well at least in terms of violence. While nowhere near as charismatic as Harriet, Hannah is a considerably better pick pocket and is still charming enough to keep whoever she's dealing with distracted.

Hannah's also a capable street magician in terms of tricks of sleight-of-hand, but she considers that sort of performance beneath her (not that she won't do it if it helps in whatever job she's on). She also considers common thievery beneath her as well, so she reminds you again she is a scout. She doesn't do heists. Infiltration yes, heists no.

Come Season Three, Hannah is forced to take her offence more seriously as the stakes begin to rise. Thankfully she's able to pick up a lot from Rocky as they work together so often and use a lot of the same techniques anyway.

very cool
I love goblins and this is a cool goblin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smik
Mar 18, 2014

nine-gear crow posted:

Put me in coach.

OK

Name: Nine-Gear Crow
Team: Dakka Smith Orkgirls
Role: Major Reoccurring Character in Games & Comics based off the Cartoon, Does not show up in the cartoon

Nine-Gear Crow is a major reoccurring character in the games and comics based off the cartoon, but doesn't show up in the series proper until the Reboot. She was created to be the driver for the ork girls, and pilots vehicles in land, sea or air. While quite focused on anything involving maintenance of the machines or driving, for such a fast-moving person she often shows up late or just in the nick of time. Some people think she might just likes the thrill or challenge of extremely tight times for travel, while others have diagnosed her with ADHD.

She receives the most focus in "Orkgirls Rail Rampage", an on-rails shooter in which the orks travel with Nine-Gear Crow in her various vehicles.

Smik
Mar 18, 2014

Captain Hygiene posted:

I should get out of my bookmarks more, this is some good stuff. I'd be game for anything :craboot:

Rolled another Pixie. Was focused on the seed and forgot to try to incorporate anything to do with crabs, although since this pixie is goth one can assume knives could be a thing.

Name: Gina Hy
Team: Power Pixies
Role: Main Character (Leads)

There's an old saying of "Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger" but in Gina's case sometimes what kills you also makes you stronger. Back in the day, Gina was swallowed by a Lovecraftian kind of horror which really should have known better -- Pixies defy any kind of regular life as is with their tiny humanoid forms with human intelligence.

Lovecraftian horrors are notorious for having weak spiritual cohesion due to their lack of development. While pixies don't have the strongest cohesion on average they're still far above horrors, and by assimilating Gina's form all it did was make it compatible for a takeover a Nematomorpha would have been proud of. Like Spinochordodes tellinii, Gina forced the horror to drown itself in a chromatic pool set up by her teammates where she emerged relatively unharmed but considerably altered.

Gina was now a Blot Pixie; her glitter and rainbows was now replaced with an inky black ichor and slightly viscous consistency. The ichor is neutralized as far as regular life is concerned and while it's not the most pleasant thing to touch it's harmless. To horrors, the Legion and certain other creatures however, Gina's ichor is intensely toxic -- causing pain, blurred vision and a compulsion towards touching chromatic pools, rainbows and glitter. She also has incredible otherworldly strength from consuming the horror.

This is offset by the fact that Gina's lost almost all her original pixie powers -- she can't manipulate probability for blessings of luck, she can't create rainbows or glitter, and not only does milk sour in her hands but soaking in it turns it into a tangy indigo-veined cheese. From the perspective of pixiekind, Gina has made the best of a severe handicap by using her uniqueness to great advantage as a Power Pixie in a foreign world.

Whoever
Jul 26, 2007
Hey Smik, I think you missed me.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Smik posted:

Name: Gina Hy

Hell yeah, a horror ichor power pixie with implied knife use, that's rad as hell! Thanks so much! :woop:

Smik
Mar 18, 2014

Whoever posted:

I just double checked and you're right, sorry about that! I'll get on yours now

OB-GYN Kenobi
Dec 4, 2017

Smik posted:

Not an issue, you rolled a gay male April equivalent for the Wild Hero Catgirls.

So no, he's not missing arms he's just got them folded over the poncho thing I've decided goblins wear. If it looks odd it's my fault, but I'm not sure how else to depict it.

Name: Obgin Ken
Team: Wild Hero Catgirls
Role: Major Reoccurring Character (April)

Alice and company saved Obgin while he was out gathering wild herbs and supplies. He's a practitioner of traditional goblin medicine which under normal circumstances might be a red flag for people except that modern medicine within the city is streamlined for humans, making him a valuable resource for its sizeable non-human population.

When your team's composed of outlaws (in the 80's cartoon I don't think they ever bothered to explain where the Turtles got money from; I would assume they took it off the bad guys they took down when nobody was looking) it's pretty important to have a doctor you can trust and that is Obgin Ken for the Wild Hero Catgirls, especially since his practice focuses on non-humans.

Any romantic possibility for Alice (she likes mushroom-touchers) was quickly shot down when Obgin is spotted getting picked up at the Spectrum.

Please don't ever stop.

Smik
Mar 18, 2014

Whoever posted:

OK, catching up now.

Name: "Mr. Whoever"
Team: Lulu Agents Team Tentacle
Role: Minor reoccurring character

Operating under an alias, "Mr. Whoever" is an altered citizen, having been exposed to industrial-eldritch waste. Having no loyalty to the Royal Order and not caring anymore if his condition worsens, Mr. Whoever is able to either obtain eldritch items or provide valuable information about their location.

He appears to have an engineering background of some sorts given his demonstrated skills and interest in Deep technology. In the games, he provides various jerry-rigged upgrades to the team's gear while in the series proper he appears to be a sort of black market merchant.

As the series progresses he reveals that while yes he's a black market merchant now, originally he was an eldritch-tech engineer but altered in an accident and was trying to live off his disability. Then he discovered the black market and their need for people unafraid of eldritch tech.

While he initially a free agent, by Season Three he's made himself almost exclusive to Team Tentacle because they're not bothered in the least by his appearance. Eventually he starts to care more about what they're trying to do. In most media he serves as a reminder of the city's sins.

Smik
Mar 18, 2014

I've had Master Grey's page in a draft state for a few days not having any energy for additional writing, but finally got it done.

https://smik.ca/index.php/master-grey-wild-hero-catgirl-team/

Whoever
Jul 26, 2007

Smik posted:

OK, catching up now.

Name: "Mr. Whoever"
Team: Lulu Agents Team Tentacle
Role: Minor reoccurring character

Operating under an alias, "Mr. Whoever" is an altered citizen, having been exposed to industrial-eldritch waste. Having no loyalty to the Royal Order and not caring anymore if his condition worsens, Mr. Whoever is able to either obtain eldritch items or provide valuable information about their location.

He appears to have an engineering background of some sorts given his demonstrated skills and interest in Deep technology. In the games, he provides various jerry-rigged upgrades to the team's gear while in the series proper he appears to be a sort of black market merchant.

As the series progresses he reveals that while yes he's a black market merchant now, originally he was an eldritch-tech engineer but altered in an accident and was trying to live off his disability. Then he discovered the black market and their need for people unafraid of eldritch tech.

While he initially a free agent, by Season Three he's made himself almost exclusive to Team Tentacle because they're not bothered in the least by his appearance. Eventually he starts to care more about what they're trying to do. In most media he serves as a reminder of the city's sins.

I love this. It's always been my secret dream to be that video game merchant who always shows up to sell items no matter what level it is, from the city streets to the villain's pandimensional neon space volcano.

You rock!

Smik
Mar 18, 2014

A Terrible Person posted:

These threads often get oversaturated in posts and I am seriously late to the game.

I think I am a recurring background character that doesn't quite make it into the main roster yet still shows up doing things in the background of multiple episodes.

It's unclear whether I am an Easter egg or just the animators being lazy. I may or may not be a reference to something from the original comics because the design doesn't match at all to what's being "referenced."

It's OK I get to everyone eventually. The idea was a bit tricky to implement

Name: A Person in a Yellow Hat
Team: None/Renegade Skulls
Role: Easter Egg Twist

"The Person in a Yellow Hat" is a reoccurring background character of the Youxia Monkeys. Usually seen dozing in a chair, he appears to be some sort of Easter Egg until Season Two when it's revealed he's actually a spy for the Renegade Skulls. The Youxia Monkeys never catch on to the spy, but after the reveal any time viewers saw the Person in the Yellow Hat they'd know the Skulls would figure out what they're up to.

In later Seasons when the Skulls aren't the main threat the Person in the Yellow Hat's appearance indicates a scene of importance, although the actual significance isn't revealed until later (and the Skulls will definitely know about it).

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Smik posted:

OK

Name: Nine-Gear Crow
Role: Major Reoccurring Character in Games & Comics based off the Cartoon, Does not show up in the cartoon

Nine-Gear Crow is a major reoccurring character in the games and comics based off the cartoon, but doesn't show up in the series proper until the Reboot. She was created to be the driver for the ork girls, and pilots vehicles in land, sea or air. While quite focused on anything involving maintenance of the machines or driving, for such a fast-moving person she often shows up late or just in the nick of time. Some people think she might just likes the thrill or challenge of extremely tight times for travel, while others have diagnosed her with ADHD.

She receives the most focus in "Orkgirls Rail Rampage", an on-rails shooter in which the orks travel with Nine-Gear Crow in her various vehicles.

I just want to say thank you for this. I had literally no idea what was going to come up when it came my turn for this and I love it. You actually touched a fondness I have for extra-canonical characters being uplifted into canon in subsequent sequels or reboots of shows. Both new He-Man shows on Netflix did that a lot, taking poo poo that only appeared as toys or in comics and just putting them into the shows because they were all made by giant lore nerds.

Smik
Mar 18, 2014

Whoever posted:

I love this. It's always been my secret dream to be that video game merchant who always shows up to sell items no matter what level it is, from the city streets to the villain's pandimensional neon space volcano.

You rock!

nine-gear crow posted:

I just want to say thank you for this. I had literally no idea what was going to come up when it came my turn for this and I love it. You actually touched a fondness I have for extra-canonical characters being uplifted into canon in subsequent sequels or reboots of shows. Both new He-Man shows on Netflix did that a lot, taking poo poo that only appeared as toys or in comics and just putting them into the shows because they were all made by giant lore nerds.

Thank-you, and I'm glad people seem to be enjoying this overall. Hopefully I'll be able to get more done tomorrow than I did today.

Smik
Mar 18, 2014

Kyanite Grimoire posted:

Can I be a swarm of things?

Welp, so much for catching up today. Had some things come up and I'll admit trying to figure out how to handle a swarm with these rolls was... tricky to figure out.

Name: Nyanite
Role: Major Reoccurring Character, Romantic Interest?

The Nyanite is less an individual and more a collective. Their focal point is a black mirror and their influence can stretch surprisingly far. The Nyanite can only communicate with the Pixies -- they're the only ones who can see or hear them. What exactly the Nyanite is remains a mystery; they don't offer any straight answers and while incapable of lying they also hold multiple, contradictory viewpoints simultaneously due to their collective nature.

Each of the Power Pixies carries a compact through which they can communicate and benefit from the Nyanite's influence. The Nyanite is capable of altering probability, but the less likely the outcome the more resources it takes to make it happen.

The main problem with the Nyanite is that it's not exactly the neatest form of magic. Like Gina, the Nyanite tends to drip dark ichor when their power is used and while this ichor is harmless to most people and things it does give away the Nyanite's presence.

...Also the Nyanite is supposed to have a romantic arc and I... have no idea how that works just yet we'll figure it out later.

Welp it's now September 1st where I am and it's time to start working on my Spooktober VN for this game jam! https://itch.io/jam/spooktober-2023

According to my spreadsheet, the following entries still need to be done:
Stoatbringer
Sunset Funset
Strangehamster
lllllllllllllllllll
Pladdicus
Unperson_47
Mirage
Genesplicer

I will get them done, but probably not more than 1 a day unless I get real stuck with the VN.

Kyanite Grimoire
Mar 15, 2017
Not what I was expecting, but cute as hell.

AmishSpecialForces
Jul 1, 2008
I think you may have missed me. I was aiming for a minor, explosives obsessed villain, but I'll take whatever. Your creativity continues to amaze.

Mistle
Oct 11, 2005

Eckot's comic relief cousin from out of town
Grimey Drawer

Smik posted:

Welp, so much for catching up today. Had some things come up and I'll admit trying to figure out how to handle a swarm with these rolls was... tricky to figure out.

...Also the Nyanite is supposed to have a romantic arc and I... have no idea how that works just yet we'll figure it out later.

Obsessive hand holding, nothing more, nothing less. Having disembodied cat paw hands works well with this concept, I think.

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

I give your invention the worst grade imaginable: An A-minus-minus!

Total Clam

Smik posted:

The main problem with the Nyanite is that it's not exactly the neatest form of magic. Like Gina, the Nyanite tends to drip dark ichor when their power is used and while this ichor is harmless to most people and things it does give away the Nyanite's presence.

"Girls like swarms of things, right?"
-Philip J. Fry

Anderson Koopa
Jun 9, 2006

I'm down to be some kind of villain.

A Terrible Person
Jan 8, 2012

The Dance of Friendship

Fun Shoe

Smik posted:

Name: A Person in a Yellow Hat
Team: None/Renegade Skulls
Role: Easter Egg Twist

"The Person in a Yellow Hat" is a reoccurring background character of the Youxia Monkeys. Usually seen dozing in a chair, he appears to be some sort of Easter Egg until Season Two when it's revealed he's actually a spy for the Renegade Skulls. The Youxia Monkeys never catch on to the spy, but after the reveal any time viewers saw the Person in the Yellow Hat they'd know the Skulls would figure out what they're up to.

I'm sure those curious Monkeys will eventually figure this guy out :v:

Thanks for the pic and story, they (and you) are awesome!

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

About time I had some fellow catgirls show up on the team.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

A Terrible Person posted:

I'm sure those curious Monkeys will eventually figure this guy out :v:

Thanks for the pic and story, they (and you) are awesome!

Try this one on for size:

I played with shading and texture a bit, tell me how you like it.

Iron Chef Ramen
Sep 15, 2007

HA HA! YOU HAVE CHOSEN POORLY!

Smik posted:

Name: Iron Ramen Kikkokuman
Team: Renegade Skulls
Role: Major Reoccurring Villain

The two most effective weapons against the Power Pixies are iron and salt, and Iron Ramen Kikkokuman is BOTH. Equipped with his Iron Ramen Flail, the powerful Kikkopunch, and the rather bizarre Kikkobeam he's a major threat to the pixies and a very strange opponent for everyone else.

Employed by the Renegade Skulls, Iron Ramen Kikkokuman is a combination chef, mercenary and tournament fighter. Rumour has it that he's some sort of half-blood with parentage from the Deeps -- he's as tough as a Deep, and his punches make you itch (although he uses the same gloves to brew soy sauce so maybe it's that).

When not fighting the pixies, Iron Ramen Kikkokuman is usually hanging out in the galley, busying himself making noodles, brewing soy sauce and prepping meals. He has difficulty with low salt diets (his own sodium levels would kill an ordinary human) and is a regular smoker, but the latter part is only shown in the comics.

Iron Ramen is thought to have been killed during the events that lead up to the episode of Watership, but he's one of the ones that helps rescue Eckot and Go as they escape -- he just makes a comment that trying to kill him near the sea is pointless and laughs off any questions.

Hell yeah, I have become Kikkoman.

Smik
Mar 18, 2014

Stoatbringer posted:

Rarrgh and grrr!

Name: Soul Bringer
Team: Mystic Slimegirls
Role: Main Character (Leader)

Soul Bringer (SB to the girls; don't bother with a Homestar reference she won't get it) is the leader of the Mystic Slime Girls. Now normally when someone has "Soul" in the their name it's usually involving soul theft, not restoration -- and SB will tell you that's what happens when "idiots who can't even define what a soul is try to talk about what you should or should not do with them". It's probably best not to bring up souls in general unless you're looking for a lecture.

What is known is that whatever power she wields has something to do with the spark of life -- she can restore the recently deceased back to life if their body is repaired in time, she can enhance people's abilities, she can breathe life into the lifeless (although the circumstances are complex and only she seems to understand it), and most dreaded of all she can force empathy and a conscience on to others. While this has little impact on most heroes it's incredibly disruptive to the Skulls, some of the Royal Order, and can permanently kill (although she insists she's not killing them) members of the Legions.

The Legion tries to destroy her by freezing her solid and breaking off her core, only to discover they can't control it and it starts to infect them. When the other slimegirls arrive to rescue her they discover an empty base and it's just a simple matter of restoring her core to her thawed form (you'd think they'd learn something about the slimegirls and their cores eh?).

After that, the Legion's efforts are mostly concerned with just trapping the slime girls and keeping them away from their business.

Smik
Mar 18, 2014

Grey Cat posted:

About time I had some fellow catgirls show up on the team.

Yeah, this is one of the pitfalls of randomizing stuff is sometimes the gaps take awhile to fill.

By popular demand posted:

It looks fine to me, although I'd have put him all in yellow like the original Man in the Yellow Hat.

OB-GYN Kenobi posted:

Please don't ever stop.

Well hope you don't mind me slowing down a bit since I'm working on a VN for Spooktober, a story about living in a nightmare world and also a haunted house.

Smik
Mar 18, 2014

Sunset Funset posted:

This seems fun. Maybe mine could be a good guy, like a cute jellyfish or something. Hella marketable to the kids.

OK. Sounds like the team pet.

Name: Sunset Jelly
Team: Either the Mystic Slimegirls or Lulu Angels Team Tentacle
Role: Major to Main Character

"These characters all seem to kick a lot of rear end, but we're marking to girls right? Shouldn't we have something that's more cute?" asks a corporate marketing drone.
"... sure."
"Oh this is cute! Finally something that's not about kicking rear end."
"She still kicks rear end. She zaps people with her mystic tentacles. She just kicks less rear end that the main characters. Like she maybe kicks one person's rear end at a time, rather than kicking multiple asses at once."
"Well... the toy version will be cute and cuddly right?"
"It will have little joy buzzers in the tentacles to simulate how she could kick your rear end."
"But will girls like it?"

Sunset Jelly is the #1 best selling toy bought by all kinds of people because she's got little joy buzzers built into her tentacles to simulate receiving a paralyzing shock. The fact that she's soft and huggable only makes it funnier when the buzzers kick in. There are shock-less Sunset Jelly dolls as well but they're nowhere near as popular. Parental outrage just made them more popular. Please note that Sunset Jelly's tentacles should not be whipped at people at high velocities since it's kind of like a sling to whip around the hard joybuzzer parts.

In the cartoon, Sunset Jelly is the loyal pet character. She's not very bright but she's got plenty of energy and of course, she can zap the hell out of people when she wants to. She speaks in "Murrrr" sounds and has a personality similar to Pikachu. Oh, of course she floats in mid-air. The only thing keeping her from being more effective at fighting is she can't move very fast. In the games, Sunset Jelly is the most sought-after power-up because her ability to shock and stun allows for easy stun-locks.

Please feel free to let me know if she should be part of the Tentacles or the Slimes, she seems appropriate to either.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Heyo this is awesome can I be up in this thing?

Catgirl would be cool. If you've got enough of them already then a mean fat ol cow would be appropriate. I'm obviously going to be some sort of henchgirl for this one, beating up on folks taking their lunch money and stuff. Good or bad team is not so important, the important part is they're dispensing gratuitous karate for dubious gains and no good reason, and where totally uncalled for, especially including where other options would probably be more efficacious. They're probably also a bit of an idiot, and may do good deeds completely by accident.

Maybe they're Street fighter 2 wrecking a Toyota Corolla to let an old lady cross the street? Maybe they're wrecking an old lady to let a Toyota Corolla cross the street? Who knows! Certainly not this bastard. Maybe one, then the other, who knows why stuff happens?

E: I was thinking do henchcows have tits or udders, but then I stopped thinking about that.

Karate Bastard fucked around with this message at 10:52 on Sep 3, 2023

Smik
Mar 18, 2014

Karate Bastard posted:

Heyo can I be up in this thing?

Catgirl would be cool. If you've got enough of them already then a mean fat ol cow would be appropriate. I'm obviously going to be some sort of henchgirl for this one, beating up on folks taking their lunch money and stuff. Good or bad team is not so important, the important part is they're dispensing gratuitous karate for dubious gains and no good reason, and where totally uncalled for, and using karate where other options would probably be more efficacious. They're probably also a bit of an idiot.

Maybe they're Street fighter 2 wrecking a Toyota Corolla to let an old lady cross the street? Maybe they're wrecking an old lady to let a Toyota Corolla cross the street? Who knows! Certainly not this bastard. Maybe one, then the other, who knows why stuff happens?

E: I was thinking do henchcows have tits or udders, but then I stopped thinking about that.

Sure if you don't mind waiting. Bulk of my effort's on the visual novel I'm doing for Spooktober so not doing more than one sketch a day. The catgirls are pretty much well done - they've got equivalents to Splinter, Casey, Mike, Don, Raph & Leo and even an April. The Youxia Monkeys, Dakka Orks, and the Power Pixies are all short mains but we'll see how the teams are filled out by the time I get to you.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Ok that's absolutely fine, I'm not picky and I don't mind waiting :)

I absolutely love this thing you did though

Smik posted:

Name: Poison Polly
Role: Minor Reoccurring Villain

"Poison" Polly is a minor reoccurring villain as far back as Season One, primarily antagonizing the Youxia Monkeys. Typically seen chewing a massive wad of gum or C4, occasionally getting them mixed up -- Polly does have a few screws loose, although it's hard to tell if it's from the amount of blows to her head or if she's always been that way. Most of Polly's roles involve just trying to strong-arm her way through the Youxia which rarely makes any progress given their agility.

After the introduction of Asterite-34 however, the two began to pair up in a duo called the "Surf & Turf". Asterite's scrambled brain seems to be perfectly in sync with whatever you want to call what Polly attempts to think with and surprisingly they are a fairly effective team, especially against the Legions.

Karate Bastard fucked around with this message at 11:09 on Sep 3, 2023

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
I hadn't gotten that far into the thread when I posted. If you need a good cow thug to stop a bad cow thug that could be funny I guess? Let me know if you want me to think up something else, or if you just want to roll with it that's fine too :)

Sunset Funset
Aug 14, 2018

Smik posted:

OK. Sounds like the team pet.

Name: Sunset Jelly
Team: Either the Mystic Slimegirls or Lulu Angels Team Tentacle
Role: Major to Main Character

Hell yeah, executive meddling strikes again! This is adorable, and that toy sounds like a lawsuit waiting to happen. As for her team, her appearance seems more appropriate for the tentacle team but I suppose she could change sides depending on which one is less popular with target focus groups at the time.

Good luck with your Spooktober project, by the way!

Smik
Mar 18, 2014

strangehamster posted:

I want to be a cute violent monster hero please

OK, although she's not a hamster.

Name: Han Strange
Team: Youxia Hero Monkeygirls
Role: Main Character (sort of a combo of Mike/Leo?)

Han Strange is the "odd one" of the Youxia Hero Monkeygirls, being relatively subdued and less likely to be cheeky. That said, one should not underestimate her ability to be just as mischievous and clever as her adopted sisters. Han is probably the most ninja-like of the crew and a strong swimmer, which she uses to her advantage when the terrain offers opportunity.

Her aquatic interests is what leads her to meet "Bang" of the Lulu's Angels Team Tentacle and they hit it off almost immediately, leading to the two dating on-and-off. Bang's popularity and Han's nerdiness eventually clash, causing a break-up, make up and repeat.

She enjoys drawing and is a fan of the "Hyperspace Hardcode Hamster Heroes" comic series. When the team has their issues, it's usually Han that gets people to pull together although she rarely takes the leader role if she can avoid it.

Looking at the drawing again it looks like she's got a huge rear end but it's just that her pants are puffy.

Smik
Mar 18, 2014

lllllllllllllllllll posted:

Maybe you should see a doctor about this.

So I'm working on finishing up the team and you're getting a Dakka Orkgirl. Usually I do my VN novel work first but I was pretty groggy and figured I'd start with art before doing writing/coding.

Name: Lilla Lockllend
Role: Main Character (Rude but Cool)

While the Dakka Orkgirls aren't afraid of close-quarter combat they still tend to fight at range most of the time, although Lilla Lockllend takes after Barking Gecko and likes to use closer ambush tactics. While a normal human might not be able to dual-wield toasters, Lilla can and while she's not the most accurate shot she can still hit two targets at once using burst fire. She's extremely hot blooded and has a tendency to put the dakka in the Dakka Orkgirls, and when her adrenaline gets pumping she's the most likely to go berserk.

Outside of gunfights, she likes cracking jokes and studying the local archeological finds while listening to heavy metal, punk and ska. She's especially fond of eldritch runes, although she's not so much interested in the power they wield as much as she just loves the designs. She's searching for the perfect rune to turn into a big back tattoo -- just so long as it doesn't invoke a demon summon or something. Unless it's a really cool demon that likes guns, tattoos, piercings and weed. (Although that last one is only mentioned in the comics)

Smik
Mar 18, 2014

Pladdicus posted:

I thought this art was familiar, the monsters thread owned. good work.

Thanks! Yeah I do a lot of these threads. Won't do another until probably November to avoid burnout but also I'm focusing on this VN and I hope that Oct/Nov will show it's worthwhile.

Name: Spin Paladin

"Spin" Paladin is the leader of the Dakka Smith Orkgirls. Probably the closest thing the team has to a traditional gunslinger (outside of Barking Gecko perhaps), Spin gets her nickname from her choice of blaster -- the Turbine model, equivalent to a revolver hand cannon. She is extremely quick on the draw and deadly accurate, but carries herself with the restraint of a professional gunfighter and avoiding a draw unless she has to (but if she has to, look out).

She works alongside Mel on several projects involving the refinement or construction of weapons, and wields her own custom-made turbine.

If Spin's got a weakness, it's probably her ignorance of anything outside of guns and gunfighting tactics -- pop culture references go over her head, she doesn't keep up on sports, chicken-pecks her typing, and gets generally lost when trying to deal with the city's tech. Fortunately she's smart enough to defer to the other girls as soon as she's out of her depth, even if it annoys them sometimes.

Note that just because she prefers her turbine, don't think she doesn't know how to use other weapons like rifles or toasters. As the leader of the Dakkas, she prefers the turbine because it's reliable and should negotiations fail she can quick-draw it to back up her points.

A Terrible Person
Jan 8, 2012

The Dance of Friendship

Fun Shoe

By popular demand posted:

Sorry for the late response, but it looks great! Love the choice of background, and the way you did the hat is really good. I kinda have to disagree with smik about the color choices; all yellow doesn't really work for a semi-hidden recurring background character, but the garish hat on just an otherwise regular guy is perfect. Draws the eye, but not too much.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Thanks, you know you just might be better than your username implies.
:)

Smik
Mar 18, 2014

Unperson_47 posted:

Can i be an Umberhulk? We need more Umberhulks out there in the world

I've little idea what that is but I'll try.

Name: Unper 47
Role: Minor reoccurring villain

Unper 47 was rescued by the Renegade Skulls from the White Legion and ever since has been a loyal member of their crew. Possessing massive strength and competent battle sense, he's one of their better fighters and while he's got a tough exoskeleton he also possesses a bit of a glass jaw. While he does his best to protect against strikes under the chin, the Iga Goblins nevertheless often exploit his weakness when they scrap.

Unusually charming for bioweapon, Unper 47 is often seen in the background chatting up various characters at the Spectrum and has dated Bang tried to date Holly at least once.

He rolled... a romance arc but he's a minor character so I guess it's just one-off gags

Smik
Mar 18, 2014

Mirage posted:

Make me an outwardly silent, dark, brooding character that everyone thinks is a badass, who's inwardly a pushover utterly tongue-tied by social anxiety.

OK. Also you're a pixie without a name change; "Mirage" is an appropriate pixie name.

Name: Mirage
Role: Main Character (Does machines)

Mirage is a pixie of few words and surprising strength (although different from Gina). She is a bellringer pixie -- sort of like Tinkerbell, except with big guns and more badass bells. Now you might be asking "Wait, how does a bell get even a little badass, nevermind more?"

I mean, fair question.

Bells have long been reputed to have various mystic powers for driving off evil spirits, but different bells, tones and hammers can perform a variety of special functions from disrupting mystic energies, breaking curses, annoying people, healing and purifying areas.

While she appears to not have much to say, it's actually the opposite -- Mirage is bursting at the seams to talk but her social issues make her swallow her words and the frustration darkens her face.

In Season Four the Power Pixies stumble across great ruin and spend a few episodes exploring it before recovering a strange artifact that Mirage discovers is the Dead Bell. Now normally a dead bell is rung to announce a death, but this Dead Bell expediates the process by causing and announcing it at the same time. Realizing the potential for misuse, Mirage alters it so it only works on the Legion.

So one of her traits was strength. It's the most musclebound team of pixies ever.

Smik
Mar 18, 2014

Genesplicer posted:

God, I love these! Never stop!

You're finishing off the Dakka Orkgirls!

Name: Jean Slicer
Role: Main Character (does ... genes?)

Jean Slicer rounds out the team. A trans woman who like the rest of the team has rebelled against ork society, she has only one tusk-tooth and what happened to the other is a sensitive subject that the others avoid. Jean has considerable knowledge about advanced GAHT through contact with the Deep, which among other things has considerable technology for altering one's physical form via metamorphosis. Such knowledge is of course banned by polite ork society, as is associating with members of Deep society.

One of the perks of this expertise includes knowing how to do various body modifications, which is also forbidden and of questionable legality within the great city.

She's also a humungous nerd, and will ramble on at length about her favourite subjects if you let her (Lila usually tells her to be quiet). She's also a little introverted, can be innocently insensitive, but her contributions to the team are beyond reproach and her sense of justice is respected.

So I rolled "Trans" as the character arc and with that I think the Dakka Orkgirls are probably the most "Piss off the Chuds" team ever. They'd probably blame them for making guns "woke".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Yes, guns are woke *bends needle*